More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? Empty
PostSubject: Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?   Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:08 am

A few similarities between the 2002 Bond film and the Nov. 21 episode:

DAD: Bond is betrayed during a mission in North Korea.
HF0: McGarrett goes to North Korea to help a friend, who betrays him into the hands of his arch enemy, Wo Fat.

DAD: Sequences set in North Korea are shot with washed out, almost gray, colors.
HF0: Sequences set in North Korea are shot with washed out, almost gray, colors

DAD: Bond is tortured after being captured, including having his arms chained above him, and beaten up repeatedly.
HF0: McGarrett is tortured after being captured, including having his arms chained above him, and beaten up repeatedly.

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?   Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:42 am

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Wo Fat.

lol
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?   Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 2:45 am

Napoleon Solo wrote:

HF0: McGarrett goes to North Korea to help a friend, who betrays him into the hands of his arch enemy, Wo Fat.

DAD: Sequences set in North Korea are shot with washed out, almost gray, colors.

DAD: Bond is tortured after being captured, including having his arms chained above him, and beaten up repeatedly.
HF0: McGarrett is tortured after being captured, including having his arms chained above him, and beaten up repeatedly.

Sounds like it to me.
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?   Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 am

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:

Sounds like it to me.

North Korea, I could let it go. Torture scenes, more of a stretch, but I can let it go. But to do the technique of having only the Korean sequences appear with the washed out gray colors? Too much to overlook. :)
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Q Branch
Q Branch
Prince Kamal Khan

PostSubject: Re: Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?   Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 6:40 am

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
Napoleon Solo wrote:

Sounds like it to me.

North Korea, I could let it go. Torture scenes, more of a stretch, but I can let it go. But to do the technique of having only the Korean sequences appear with the washed out gray colors? Too much to overlook. :)

If the new McGarrett surfs into North Korea, we've nailed 'em! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?   Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Hawaii Five-0 lift from Die Another Day?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Die Another Day (2002)-
Jump to: