More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+37
bitchcraft
Mr. Trevelyan
MBalje
FG Wells
Prince Kamal Khan
bondfan06
Jack Wade
Vesper
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fae
Santa
Salomé
saint mark
Hilly
Ravenstone
Drax
Manhunter
Tubes
Gravity's Silhouette
G section
FourDot
lachesis
Control
Largo's Shark
HJackson
tiffanywint
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
Blunt Instrument
j7wild
colly
Makeshift Python
Fairbairn-Sykes
GeneralGogol
Harmsway
Loomis
Seve
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 9:32 pm

The Ghost/Ghost Writer

would've been interesting to see the planned Pompeii adapatation if it had happened though with Orlando Bloom in the lead, perish the thought. This as it was, was a solid version of the Harris novel compared to the three other adapatations there have been (as a proper film Fatherland could've been something else). McGregor was alright even if his accent had its off moments likewise Brosnan.
Polanski's legalities meant Germany largely substituted for London and Martha's Vineyard leaving that image of a person against a window where it looks obvious it's a green/blue screen. No matter.

Speaking of RP saw a trailer for Carnage before the Iron Lady. Intriguing. Christoph Waltz for one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:22 pm

The Lady Vanishes (1938)

I liked it, though my favorite section was the beginning at the hotel. I thought that was great.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:41 pm

An appreciation of cricket helps if you're watching The Lady Vanishes.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 pm

That, and Margaret Rutherford's spectacular arse.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 11:49 pm

It's how she wanted to be remembered.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 am

I really liked Charters and Caldicott. Loved the "one each" line. Margaret Lockwood was quite the looker.

I started watching it last night, and it seemed the perfect film to watch at that moment... but I was tired. Then I went out and got the Blu-ray today and watched the whole thing. Maybe I set the bar too high in how much I thought I'd love the movie based on the first 15 minutes. But I do like it.

I'll finally set to seeing more 30's Hitch. So far it's only been this, THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH, and THE 39 STEPS. I own nearly every Hitch film. There are five that I haven't seen and don't own.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:52 am

The Killers (1964)

4.5/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058262/

The remake of the 1946 classic film noir, this time with Lee Marvin and Clu Gulager and John Cassavetes and Angie Dickinson and Ronald Reagan (in his only bad guy role).

Originally a made for TV movie (the very first one), it was deemed too violent and released to the movie theaters.

This film contains the kind of sadism and nastiness and grittiness and violence only director Don Siegel (Dirty Harry, Invasion of the Body Snatcher, the Beguiled, Coogan;s Bluff, Madigan, Charlie Warrick and Telefon)) could deliver.

It's been said that Quentin Tarantino based the characters of John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction on Lee Marvin and Clu Gulager from this film.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Sharky wrote:

Dame Margaret Rutherford was hardly a glamourpuss though towards the end of her life she certainly had a spectacular arse. The locals nicknamed it total eclipse.

Think you may mean Margaret Lockwood, who was indeed a beauty. Check out The Wicked Lady, banned in America because of Miss Lockwood's spectacular teats.
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 2:13 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Dame Margaret Rutherford was hardly a glamourpuss though towards the end of her life she certainly had a spectacular arse. The locals nicknamed it total eclipse.

Think you may mean Margaret Lockwood, who was indeed a beauty. Check out The Wicked Lady, banned in America because of Miss Lockwood's spectacular teats.

Indeed Margaret Rutherford isn't in Lady Vanishes (she would have been a terrific foil for Charters and Caldicott mind), the old lady actually being Dame May Whitty, Lockward was certainly a peach!
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:01 pm

Teats?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:43 pm

You have two. (I was disappointed as you promised me three.)

FFI see TMWTGG aka Scaramanga: the Extraordinary Adventures of a Supernumerary Nipple.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 pm

Recent discussion led to a reviewing of Hunt for Red October

little more to add beyond the usual, there's a few tracks of music here that could add to the soundtrack as it stands dare I trigger a response like Star Trek VI? Music from the Konovalov's change of course ("We're going to kill a friend. We're going to kill Ramius"), the National Security briefing ("You have something you wish to share with us Dr Ryan?") and possibly Jack's arrival at the sub pen early on as well as little other moments ("Let them sing!").
Still those moments that chime like the look on Connery's face after Sam Neill's "What about the singing they will hear us?" the look of 'can they hear? Will they? No, we go on' or his expression during the Thor Twin scene where he catches the mug mid slide. Indeed Neill seems the sole main October cast member to achieve a semblance of accent.
And notable for Gates McFadden's fleeting Hollywood career. Starts and ends within seconds.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:51 pm

The Hidden (1987)

laugh

I've heard of this movie, but I spotted it on YouTube...

...and really enjoyed it. It's like a mix of THE TERMINATOR, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, THE THING, and ALIEN NATION. Clever script, a terrific cast (Clu Gulager alert!), well-done action sequences, good direction, and a sense of humor. All for a under 5 million. I like good little movies like this that rise above budget on their wits.

Speaking of teats, Claudia Christian has nice ones in this movie, but they remain hidden.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
You have two. (I was disappointed as you promised me three.)

FFI see TMWTGG aka Scaramanga: the Extraordinary Adventures of a Supernumerary Nipple.

Call them my teats to their face, just once, and I'll slap you in the balls.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:10 pm

The Squid and the Whale

Jeff Daniels kind of awesome, Laura Linney kind of foxy, Jesse Eissenberg kind of irritating.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Santa wrote:
Call them my teats to their face, just once, and I'll slap you in the balls.

This sentence is beyond comprehension. Stop drinking.

-------

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1213
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40