More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy

Go down 
+37
00Beast
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
lachesis
Louis Armstrong
Santa
saint mark
j7wild
RobDudley
Gravity's Silhouette
dr. strangelove
Klaus Hergesheimer
Loomis
Harmsway
UndiscoveredCountry
Lobelia Overhill
Blunt Instrument
Tubes
Vesper
G section
Largo's Shark
SJK91
trevanian
Hilly
Control
FourDot
Chigawa
Drax
CJB
Salomé
bondfan06
The White Tuxedo
lalala2004
Fairbairn-Sykes
James. C
Makeshift Python
Lazenby.
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
That's my ticket out of the equation, then.
Do you just hate every director, then?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:18 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I'm excited. If it fails, I have a perverse curiousity to see how.

I think the world is a more interesting place with another Star Wars trilogy on the way.

Why? It's a movie franchise that has given us exactly 1.5 worthwhile features. Even EON points and giggles at Lucasfilms success rate (in terms of quality with their space opera.
Any new installments will be mere moneygrabs, like the prequels were.

The required depth to make the new trilogy worthwhile would be such a divorce from the series' origins that it would barely be Star Wars to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:19 am

Matthew Vaughn would be better than one of the other names that has been rumored: JJ Abrams.
Back to top Go down
Miles Messervy

Miles Messervy

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Salomé wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

I think the world is a more interesting place with another Star Wars trilogy on the way.

Why? It's a movie franchise that has given us exactly 1.5 worthwhile features. Even EON points and giggles at Lucasfilms success rate (in terms of quality with their space opera.
Any new installments will be mere moneygrabs, like the prequels were.

The required depth to make the new trilogy worthwhile would be such a divorce from the series' origins that it would barely be Star Wars to begin with.

This!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:43 pm

I don't think it's impossible to make a worthwhile Star Wars film, it could work greatly if the right people are behind it.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Salomé wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

Why?

Like I said, a perverse curiousity.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:07 am

Salomé wrote:
The problem with the prequel trilogy was that everything was pre-ordained by the original trilogy. No matter what happened, everyone and everything had to be in a certain place at a certain time by the end of REVENGE OF THE SITH, and that took a lot of momentum out of the trilogy. Honestly, a smarter way to do it would have been to set everything forty years before THE PHANTOM MENACE, and end the prequel trilogy with Anakin's birth. Leave the events of his life and the circumstances surrounding his downfall open to interpretation. It would have allowed for original stories that were tied to the originals, but not totally bound to them.

The sequel trilogy should probably start about forty years after RETURN OF THE JEDI. Introduce a few familiar characters, but quickly set up new ones that the audience can care about. For example, an anomaly in the Force is causing Force-users to go insane. Luke Skywalker has just enough time to assign a trio of very weak Jedi the task of finding out what is happening - as he has worked out that the strongest Force users are affected first - before the madness takes him. The rest of the film would revolve around the new heroes trying to get to the bottom of everything before the Jedi are wiped out by the madness, at the same time as dealing with the way they have been given a task of enormous responsibility that they are ill-equipped to handle. That way, the scene is set for a film that is firmly entrenched in the STAR WARS universe, has a sense of scale to it with the fate of the many resting on the shoulders of few, and would also be able to tell a personal story that will hopefully allow for interesting characters.

At least, that's how I'd do it. I don't know enough about the STAR WARS expanded universe to know if it's a) original, b) feasible or c) something fans would respond well to.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 9:55 pm

Rumour is that Harrison Ford's up for playing Han Solo again which kind of surprises. Didn't think he would want to return to Star Wars.

Still, it was in the Daily Mail so pinch of salt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
hegottheboot
Head of Station
Head of Station
hegottheboot

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 1:08 am

Well it certainly threw us all for a loop over at originaltrilogy.com that's for sure. Still weird to think of now, but I have no hopes for anything new produced other than Timothy Zahn's new novel.
Also telling that after all this time the one remaining maverick company sold out...
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:09 am

Salomé wrote:
Matthew Vaughn would be better than one of the other names that has been rumored: JJ Abrams.

I haven't seen anything by the oft-mentioned Uwe Boll, but I'm guessing that guy couldn't be much worse than Abrams. I mean, does Boll at least understand that lens flares are an artistic effect, not a lifestyle choice?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:13 am

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Disney confirms "Star Wars" Spin-Off Films. Disney Pictures CEO Bob Iger has confirmed talk that the studio is looking into "Star Wars" spin-off films that will be released independently of the new trilogy. Iger tells CNBC:

"There has been speculation about some stand-alone films that are in development. I can confirm to you today that, in fact, we are working on a few stand-alone films. Larry Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are both working on films derived from great 'Star Wars' characters that are not part of the overall saga. We still plan to make Episodes 7, 8, and 9, roughly over a six-year period of time, starting in 2015. There are going to be a few other films released in that time, too."

Disney is going to milk this like they did with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and every successful animated theatrical film they ever made which now have regular direct to video sequel releases.

Example: 101 Dalmatians was a Theatrical success, so they made a live action 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians. Then they made a 101 Dalmatians II Patch's London Adventure for the video market and then.... well, you get my drift.

Disney will do the same with the Star Wars Franchise: Episode 7-9 for the theater, spin-offs for the theater and direct to video, then sequels to the spin-offs direct to video, etc etc

:roll:

source: http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?play=1&video=3000146094

They should let me write the script.

Lucas gave the Star Wars fans annoying Jar Jar and moody whiny Anakin.

I will put the Sex back in the S of Star and Wars!

I will give new meaning to MILKING the franchise!

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 28b0d2236001766 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 2bfeb1236001768 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 503db4236001770 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 0f32a1236001772 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 3a79db236001775 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 66c6cd236001776

Last edited by j7wild on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:28 pm

It's going some when I say I'd prefer to see a j7-directed Star Wars Episode 7 instead of the real thing.

Star Wars: Episode j7.

Sorry, I meant STAR WARS: EPISODE j7!!!!!

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:40 pm

If Episode 7-9 is going to show Leia and Han marry and have a daughter, there is only one actress fully qualified to play Jaina Solo.

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 D9aa54236013091 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 D08a20236013094 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 C4a4f1236013100
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 am

j7wild wrote:

I will put the Sex back in the S of Star and Wars!

I will give new meaning to MILKING the franchise!

M wrote:
STAR WARS: EPISODE j7!!!!!

laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:25 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/feb/07/stuart-freeborn-yoda-maker-dies
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:05 am

Watching "The Blues Brothers".

You got to admit it:

Carrie Fisher was pretty at one time.

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 48af92238301820 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 72a9e7238301848 Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 36b774238301869

p.s. I'm reading her IMDB bio:

I didn't know she was married to Paul Simon and she was also engaged to Dan AykroydI I knew she had an alcohol problem but I didn't know she was high on Cocaine during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:28 am

j7wild wrote:
I knew she had an alcohol problem but I didn't know she was high on Cocaine during the filming of The Empire Strikes Back.

Porbably snorted lines off R2-D2 between takes.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

j7wild wrote:
Carrie Fisher was pretty at one time.

Was she?
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 7:55 am

http://vimeo.com/55346666

Star Wars/Withnail & I mashup...really funny.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:40 am

Forget those 3 losers:

:roll:

one has Daddy issues, the other one a Scoundrel and the last one is a frigid alcoholic drug addict.

:evil:

Bring back Wedge!

He should have a bigger part in these movies and better lines than just "Copy, Gold Leader. I'm already on my way out." and "Red Three, Red Two, pull in!"

After all, he is the only known survivor of both Death Star battles.

He also survived the Imperial walkers on Hoth and managed to bring one down with his gunner Jaxson.

Then he managed to high tail it outta there, through the blockade - with the help of the ion cannon, mind you...

It's gotta be his very cool name!

You just KNOW that any pilot with the name of Porkins...well, he just ain't gonna make it!

laugh

But a name like Wedge?

That's a Righteous Name!!

In the Lucasfilm approved books, Wedge and the special ops squadron he ends up in command of had their own series of books.

So he is a recognized Big Star in the Expanded Star Wars Universe.

For those of us who couldn't be a Jedi Knight or didn't have the balls to be a swashbuckling Captain of the Millennium Falcon or didn't have that 'smooth' way with the chicks to be the Administrator of Cloud City...

...ending up as the leader of Red Squadron and blasting the power converter in the middle of the second Death Star (then celebrating their victory with Luke and Chewy in the Ewoks' tree city) ain't all that bad of a role model.

You're a pilot. You fly an X-wing fighter. Squadron leader. Little bit of a hero.

But best of all, when the girls come up to you and ask your name, you can say - really slowly;

"Antilles. Wedge - Antilles."

Pure get the girls' panties instantly wet and off !!

:cheers:
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 3:37 pm

j7wild wrote:

Pure get the girls' panties instantly wet and off !!

:cheers:

is the sky red in your world?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 pm

There really is nothing like terrible fan art to make your day better.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Padme-Naberrie-Amidala-Skywalker-International-page/324662137639831?group_id=0
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:39 pm

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 522465_348431445262900_1080168664_n

Balje gets around.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:41 pm

It speaks to me on several levels. It moves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Original Trilogy   Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Original Trilogy
Page 22 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next