More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Ralph Fiennes hints at role

Go down 
+6
Prisoner Monkeys
tiffanywint
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Largo's Shark
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Ralph Fiennes hints at role Empty
PostSubject: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:26 pm

Quote :
WHEN he was young, Ralph Fiennes was so shaken and stirred by Ian Fleming’s James Bond books that he became an expert on 007.
That childhood passion for the secret agent might come in handy now as the Oscar-nominated actor is teaming up with Daniel Craig in the latest Bond adventure, Skyfall.
Fiennes said: “I used to be a complete nerd about the books and the detail in them. They are fantastic.
“There was Fleming’s obsession with different kinds of champagne and caviar. He kind of fetishises these things.”
Since the plots of 007 movies tend to be as hush-hush as the Secret Service, it’s no surprise to discover that 49-year-old Fiennes is tight-lipped about what he’ll get up to in the film.
Smiling, he said: “I’m allowed to say that I’m a government agent.”
His grin grows wider when Isuggest that, if you went back to the books, Fiennes would make anideal Bond.
He said: “There was a time in my life when that would have appealed to me. But I’m a bit on the old side now.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/showbiz/2012/01/01/ralph-fiennes-reveals-his-passion-for-james-bond-and-shakespeare-86908-23670631/

"Government agent?" Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Quote :
WHEN he was young, Ralph Fiennes was so shaken and stirred by Ian Fleming’s James Bond books that he became an expert on 007.
;lkjahs09-wr90243l'ksdfasd;lkhdsaf
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Quote :

The forum needs a vomit.gif so that you won't have to type all that out and I won't have to link to a picture of this:

Ralph Fiennes hints at role Funny-pictures-cat-on-vomiting-person
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Sharky wrote:

"Government agent?" Hmmm...

"Government agent?!?!" On whose siiiiidddddeee?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Quote :

laugh
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 6:08 pm

A government agent named Blofeld maybe? Us Blofeld-wanters are now hanging by the slimmest of threads.8)

Fiennes; yet another Bond "expert." Wonder if he can name all 14 volumes in order.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:21 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
A government agent named Blofeld maybe? Us Blofeld-wanters are now hanging by the slimmest of threads.8)
I'm sure that if you invite Gustav_Graves to the forums, he'll be able to come up with some insane reason to either a) ignore Fiennes entirely ("It's just misinformation because EON don't want us to know!") or b) construct some elaborate reasoning as to how he's Blofeld and a government agent at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

.... b) construct some elaborate reasoning as to how he's Blofeld and a government agent at the same time.

I'd hope not. We just don't need another U.K. government agent who is secretly a double/triple agent working against Her Majesty. We've had it in Goldeneye, DAD, and CR. Was there one in QUANTURD OF SOLACE? I've purposefully blacked out most of that movie and I can no longer remember.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:09 pm

It looks like the British government will have an expanded role in Skyfall, with Finney playing a "foreign office mandarin", McCrory playing an MP, and now Fiennes apparently playing an agent.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I'd hope not. We just don't need another U.K. government agent who is secretly a double/triple agent working against Her Majesty.
I seriously doubt it's going to happen, but if you go over to MI6, you'll see Gustav_Graves really pushing for Fiennes to be Blofeld (I'm not sure what he's trying to achieve, considering nobody there works for EON). Every time something comes up that suggests Fiennes will not be Blofeld, he twists it so that it becomes proof that Fiennes is Blofeld. He apparently gave an interview with a French newspaper last week in which he said something that translated directy as "I will not be caressing a white pussy". According to Graves, Blofeld does not "caress" his cat, so he is insisting that this is a case of misdirection by Fiennes.

In the case of this article, I'm fully expecting Graves to cite Fleming's backstory for Blofeld - the way he worked for both the Allies and the Axis during World War II - as proof that Fiennes will be playing the character.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 7:24 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

.... b) construct some elaborate reasoning as to how he's Blofeld and a government agent at the same time.

I'd hope not. We just don't need another U.K. government agent who is secretly a double/triple agent working against Her Majesty. We've had it in Goldeneye, DAD, and CR. Was there one in QUANTURD OF SOLACE? I've purposefully blacked out most of that movie and I can no longer remember.

Um, Quantum of Solace had Mitchell, the Special Branch Agent and Guy Haines.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:42 am

SKYFALL could easily have a double agent and be an interesting film. For example, Bond could be tasked with identifying a mole inside the Minstry of Defence, turn him back to the British side and use him to feed his handlers with false information. It's a little TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, but it has the makings of the thriller film that so many fans want.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 am

I'd like to say Bond as a double agent, for an interesting change. Kind of like his Mark Hazard persona in TMWTGG, that partly inspired LTK.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 am

Was reading in a similar article that apparently, according to an EON source, he's set to replace Dench as M, and that she's forced to train him. Hopefully the wicked witch is on her way out.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:11 am

Miles Messervy?
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 7:15 am

I can't imagine that Dench would train Fiennes, for two reasons:

1) There is not much that he would need to know. When a new M is promoted, the most-likely source for a candidate is the sector chiefs. The sector chiefs essentially perform the same job as M; they just do it at a local level, rather than running an entire agency. Therefore, they're already qualified for the job. At the very least, whoever replaces M would come from an intelligence background. What could possibly be so different about being M that any candidate would need training?

2) We know that M's actions in the past are coming back to haunt her. Therefore, it stands to reason that she is stood down from her position by Downing Street. If so, they're unlikely to then turn around and ask her to train her replacement. At the very least, they would "encourage" her to enter retirement/exile.

I think it's far more likely that Ralph Fiennes will play a character like James Jesus Angleton, the legendary CIA spy-catcher. M would be stood down from her position, and Fiennes brought in to carry out a review of the entire agency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ralph Fiennes hints at role   Ralph Fiennes hints at role Empty

Back to top Go down

Ralph Fiennes hints at role
Page 1 of 1