More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?

Go down 
+8
Chang
Control
Gravity's Silhouette
Blunt Instrument
tiffanywint
Prisoner Monkeys
saint mark
j7wild
12 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Empty
PostSubject: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 am

I went to the grocery store yesterday.

They had baby back pork ribs for $2.99 a lb

Beautiful ribs, meaty, thick, more red on it than white.

There were about 10 packs of baby back ribs in the meat display

and I noticed on one of them,

whoever in the butcher shop packaged them, he/she put the wrong price per lb.

It was 99 cents a lb instead of $2.99 a lb.

so I got 2.5 lbs worth of baby back ribs, 3 beautiful 1/2 slabs in one pack for less than 2.50 when it should had cost over $7.

Another time at another store, they had T-Bone steaks on sale for $7.99 a lb, about 4-5 steaks per pack, weighing total of 3-4 lbs.

Well, one of them had the wrong meat sticker on it.

It had a sticker for chuck roast for $1.99 a lb so I got a good deal on it.

My friend insists by not pointing it out to the store and paying the correct price (which would had been more), I am stealing and the store can prosecute.

He said:

if it's priced higher than the advertised price, you would point it out that you are being over-charged.

So why you don't point it out when you are being under-charged?

The store made the mistake, not me.

Furthermore, how many people look at the price per lb part of the price sticker on a pack of meat?

People usually just look at the total price you pay for that pack of meat and look at the quality and color of the meat inside it.

I can always said: hey, I just grabbed it and go.

The print on those price tags are so small, I didn't see the price per lb was priced incorrectly!!

Or I can always make the argument that I didn't know it was supposed to be $2.99 a lb.

Some people follow the weekly grocery sale advertisement circular religiously, some don't!!

What do you think?

Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Wolves-11Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Wolves-11Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Rainbow-71
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:09 pm

You paid what the store asked for it. So how is that stealing?

For all you know it is a action, they are responsible for their pricing and checking that it is done right.

I once bought a homesound & dvd set by Pioneer and the store made a big mistake by selling it one third of the price less than any other store. They found out after they had sold it to me. They only joked that if I found another place where the system was cheaper they gladly would reinstitute the difference to my bankaccount.

Stealing is not paying for it at all unless the store-owner gives it to you for free.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 pm

I find it very strange that you should find two separate trays of meat that have been mis-labelled with two completely different prices on two entirely separate occasions.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 pm

I agree with St Mark. Its not stealing. If you present the item for purchase and they happily sell it at a certain price, that's the biz.

If you are switching labels around though, that's a different story. That would be stealing, and they might nab you upon exiting the store, providing they had the proof they needed.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:15 pm

If you've been undercharged, keep schtum ... if you've been overcharged, speak up.

Them's my rules.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 pm

j7wild wrote:

My friend insists by not pointing it out to the store and paying the correct price (which would had been more), I am stealing and the store can prosecute.

It's not stealing, and it is not your responsibility to go to the store and tell them when they've made an error; it may not even be an error. Maybe the meat manager has reduced the price on some of the meat for quick sale. And how in the hell is the grocery store supposed to be able to prove that you knew what the correct price was? It's their responsibility to correctly label their food. No reputable lawyer would even consider representing the grocery store in prosecuting you over what amounts to a discrepancy of 4-5 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:13 pm

It's not your fault, j7.

They should have hired someone with an IQ higher than 50 to slap stickers on their products.
Back to top Go down
Chang
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chang

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Anyone remember a character called DarkOps?

He was an unusual fella too
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm

On which board, Chang?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 9:56 pm

j7wild wrote:
I went to the grocery store yesterday.

They had baby back pork ribs for $2.99 a lb

Beautiful ribs, meaty, thick, more red on it than white.
I ind your wording here to be interesting. You've gone out of your way to describe the meat when you don't really need to. You use some emotive language to try and get a response from the rest of us - I'm guessing that you want us watering at the mouth - and you do it before going on to explain the situation.

I think that, despite your claims that you haven't done anything wrong, you're feeling guilty about doing it. You're trying to persuade us into subconsciously agreeing with you before you even pose the problem to the rest of us because you've got a guilty conscience and you want all of us to tell you that you didn't do anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:25 pm

It's not stealing, it's capitalising on an error. Unless that piece of meat was soiled or sullied in some way, like used to massage someone's testicles while one was masturbating. In which case, you got suckered.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
It's not stealing, it's capitalising on an error. Unless that piece of meat was soiled or sullied in some way, like used to massage someone's testicles while one was masturbating. In which case, you got suckered.

Good lawd, child! "Suckered"? That's just extra seasoning that he's getting for free.

Look, who sticks around to figure out what the prices are anyway? I just look at the sticker....if I think it's a value I have my pool boy personal servant put it into the shopping cart; if I think the price is a bit high, I have my assistant shove it down his pants or put it inside his jacket. Either way, I'm gettin' those ribs.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:38 pm

thanks for all your responses except I am not sure what Masturbating has to do with this....

LOL!
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 11:48 pm

Everything, j7.

That's what.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:08 am

j7wild wrote:
Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Wolves-11Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Wolves-11Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Rainbow-71
laugh laugh laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?   Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have I stolen a pack of baby back ribs?
Page 1 of 1