More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening Empty
PostSubject: TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening   TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 5:49 pm

http://www.92y.org/Tribeca/Event/Twin-Peaks.aspx

Quote :
In 1992, David Lynch returned to the fictional town he helped create for the initially popular, then near-entirely shunned television series Twin Peaks.

This is a prequel focusing on the troubled character—Laura Palmer (a spectacular Sheryl Lee)—who is a corpse when the show begins. Freed of boob-tube constraints and mostly absent the series' leavening humor, Lynch traces the final week of Laura's life in horrifying yet empathetic detail. The film was booed after its premiere at Cannes, where Lynch had taken top prize for Wild at Heart two years earlier, and received mostly negative reviews. But Fire Walk With Me's standing has gradually increased (the great French filmmaker Jacques Rivette has passionately expressed his admiration) and we hope these screenings—a rare chance to see the movie in 35mm—will further bolster its rep.

Introduced by film critics Daniel Kasman (MUBI) and Keith Uhlich (Time Out New York).

Director: David Lynch. 135 min. 1992. 35mm.

Ticket Price: $12

Looking forward to this.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening   TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Would seriously appreciate seeing a longer cut of this ... the script I read made it fit into the post-series continuity, as it has Heather Graham after being rescued from the lodge.

One of the alltime best moviegoing experiences for me ... saw this in an almost totally empty theater, and it actually achieved the near-impossible of scaring the hell out of me. Parts of it ARE a grind, though.

Still, it isn't truly TP to me without more Frost input. Why include Ferrer when you leave out Albert's acerbic wit? I
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening   TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

The entire club scene is a trial to endure for me. In terms of being genuinely frightened I was more disturbed by the season 2 finale.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening   TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:42 am

Never seen this film. Would like to, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening   TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening Empty

Back to top Go down

TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME -- 20th Anniversary Screening
Page 1 of 1