More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

25 Bonds: An individual dissection.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

25 Bonds: An individual dissection. Empty
PostSubject: 25 Bonds: An individual dissection.   25 Bonds: An individual dissection. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 am

Every Bond is different. Not just from actor to actor, but from movie to movie. With so many screenwriters, directors, and producers with their fingerprints on the series; it's left us with a constantly changing landscape. Bond as a character has evolved from decade to decade and even movie to movie. This is an attempt at distilling each Bond on a film by film basis.

Your task: attempt to describe James Bond within the confines of a specific Bond film. All films are open. Even CR'67 (which, of course, would be Sir James Bond, not the frauds).

I'll start.

James Bond in From Russia With Love: A man of the world, he's a natural in just about any environment. He makes friends easy. He's prone to vengeful action, as he slaps around Tatiana pretty roughly when he thinks she knows more about Kerim's death than she lets on. He's humorous, but in a twisted way. He attracts women quite easily and most that are with him don't seem to mind that he's probably doing someone else in a different country. Follow culinary law pretty strictly. Holds a disregard for gadgets.

Comment, criticize, post your own observations.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: 25 Bonds: An individual dissection.   25 Bonds: An individual dissection. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:02 pm

I saw this post on MI6book, but I'd rather reply here.

Really great idea for a thread. I think I'll do Dr. No and maybe we can somewhat go in order from there. It might be a fun way to look at how Bond has evolved over the years.

Bond in Dr. No:

A seasoned agent with plenty of field experience is skeptical of the supernatural and superstition, but is willing to explore a mystery from any angle. Spends his free time gambling and bedding women. He has a soft spot for women who may be a victim, but do not act like one. He is extremely persistant, and is set on doing his job no matter how dire the situation gets.
Back to top Go down
groucho070
Cipher Clerk
groucho070

PostSubject: Re: 25 Bonds: An individual dissection.   25 Bonds: An individual dissection. EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:24 am

Bond In Thunderball.

A master in time management. With little time to find Bomb, he still manages to kill lots of bad guys,have lunch with Domino, sleeps with the beauties, the good and the bad, roasts a Count, play tag with sharks, gambles, shoots skeets, spies, taunts Felix, do lots of underwater stuff and finally retrieve the Bomb. There is a self-help book waiting to be written about time management with James Bond ;)
Back to top Go down
http://grouchydays.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 25 Bonds: An individual dissection.   25 Bonds: An individual dissection. Empty

Back to top Go down

25 Bonds: An individual dissection.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Bond: General News & General Discussion-
Jump to: