These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

What actors do you see when reading the novels?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:49 am

Good choice, Python.

I somehow find it tricky to place an actor when reading Bond, they seem amalgams of more than one actor but in OHMSS the man from Ag. and Fish I picture as a Douglas Wilmer kind of chap (were we casting actors from when the book was published) -Bond seems to veer between all sorts. I don't know, imagination is an active thing.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 pm

I've seen Brosnan and Connery mostly when reading The Spy Who Loved Me. Think I may have had a flash of Dalton too...
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:07 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Think I may have had a flash of Dalton too...

I think Mae West had something similar.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:16 am

For some reason I saw Connery in TSWLM, particularly his DN performance. I feel like that's the closest the books ever got to the cinematic interpretation of Bond, where he's always seen being cool as a cucumber in the Connery and Moore flicks.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:36 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
For some reason I saw Connery in TSWLM, particularly his DN performance. I feel like that's the closest the books ever got to the cinematic interpretation of Bond, where he's always seen being cool as a cucumber in the Connery and Moore flicks.

Yeah when I saw Connery it was DN Connery.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:44 pm

Seeing lots of Lazenby in the OHMSS novel, probably because the film is so closely adapted so far (4 chapters in).
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:51 am

Same chapters as you, actually. I get more of a Daniel Craig from SF though, as Lazenby played it with more youthful glee whereas Fleming's Bond was becoming very weary. I kind of forgot that he wanted to stop pursuing Blofeld, whereas Lazenby was much more eager to keep looking into it.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:49 am

Craig didn't pop into mind at all… I did visualise Moore from For Your Eyes Only/Octopussy at times, which was surprising. Maybe the stuff about visiting Vesper's grave and the fact that he was an ageing agent reflecting on the years that passed triggered that…
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What actors do you see when reading the novels?   

Back to top Go down

What actors do you see when reading the novels?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: Literary Bond-
Jump to: