More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Apparel Thread

Go down 
+7
retrokitty
CJB
Santa
Perilagu Khan
bitchcraft
6of1
Vesper
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:15 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
I love the look of the KC1907.
It's very attractive in person. The picture doesn't quite do it justice. The dial is not pure white; it's actually brushed metal.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:16 pm

Currently got a cheapo Lorus sports watch, and the rubber wrist strap's not easy on the skin.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
You're going to regret buying the Skagen, Harms. The straps cannot be replaced and no leather watch strap lasts for long.
I got the pictured Skagen w/ leather strap for about fifty bucks. I figure I'll get my money's worth and discard it as soon as the band goes.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Currently got a cheapo Lorus sports watch, and the rubber wrist strap's not easy on the skin.
Yeah, as a rule, I don't like rubber straps on watches (my preference runs to leather bands, since they breathe), but I sprung for the KC1907 anyway. I wanted something I could wear when I travel. Something relatively light, handsome (in a slightly ostentatious way, since, as you can see, that's my taste), and something I wouldn't have to go out of my way to protect.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 5:48 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:10 pm

There's definitely something generational at play. The younger generation hardly wears watches at all (with phones, who needs watches?). So they're now more of a fashion accessory than a dependable utility.

That said, I want watches across a spectrum. I have a few sturdy, dependable watches and now I have a few that are primarily fashionable accent pieces. The Skagen models I purchased I purchased purely because I admired their design. If I had found comparable models from sturdier brands, I would have sprung for those.

Last edited by Harmsway on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 6:15 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:

In my universe, women are passing pleasures

:roll: 
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:50 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 6:53 pm

I'm happy to report that my taste in timepieces has somewhat improved over the last year-and-a-half. I've built up a collection comprised mostly of affordable Japanese timepieces (you can't beat Seiko, Orient, and Citizen in the sub-$200 price class), and am gradually putting away funds for a Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:45 pm

Seiko makes some gorgeous watches. I'd even say they match Omega's design quality.

Citizen watches are nice, too. My grandfather owned many. They still work and look like new today.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Control wrote:
Seiko makes some gorgeous watches. I'd even say they match Omega's design quality.
Seiko's diversity is unmatched. Some foolishly turn their noses down at Seiko because they're easily obtainable and thus lack the exclusivity of other brands that artificially inflate their prices (Omega was caught buying their own watches at auction to keep the resale value artificially high), but their build quality is top-of-the-line regardless of which price class you look at.

These are the Seiko models I own:

SNDD61:
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 91sndd61

SPC087:
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Seiko_spc087p1e

SRN054:
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Ceas-seiko-kinetic-srn054p1-158376

SSC210:
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Seiko-chronograph-chronograph-grey-dial-gold-tone-mens-watch-ssc210-57

SNKL23:
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 5h6KQZb

SNK801:
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 SNK801K1_01

There's a strong argument to be made that the Grand Seiko (Seiko's prestige line, which they've only recently begun to export) is right up there with the best of the best. It holds its own in the European watch competitions, and surpasses Rolex/Omega in the quality of its finish. If Bond ever partnered with Seiko again, it would be great to see him sport one. It has a humility in its design and a classic elegance that perfectly suits the Bond persona.

Regarding Omega, of the "big name" Swiss brands, it's my favorite. It has the best heritage, the best designs. These days, Rolex seems practically stodgy (though Rolex's sister brand, Tudor, is more adventurous in its designs and therefore a bit more appealing), and Tag Heuer and Breitling are monstrously over-designed.

Control wrote:
Citizen watches are nice, too. My grandfather owned many. They still work and look like new today.
Among no-hassle quartz movements, the Citizen Eco-Drive is a gem. These solar-powered can run for over twenty years without servicing (or so they say).

Here's my Citizen (which I'm especially fond of due to its elegant moonphase function):
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Cz062_im
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 am

Recent purchases for Summer:

The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Wk08_stl1
- 100% Linen Shirt. 100% Cotton Chinos. Works both as smart-casual gear with a blazer, or sleeves/cuffs of the pant can be rollled up for a more casual look. Hoping to get the same shirt in Indigo once they restock. Have the chinos in Stone.

The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Wk09_stl3
- 100% Cotton shirt.

Some button up linen ts that I can't find pictures of online.

The Apparel Thread - Page 3 TwigFace_large
The Apparel Thread - Page 3 TwigFront_large
- 100% Wood frame sunglasses with Walnut finish.

Hoping to pick up some boat shoes and shorts over Christmas.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 7:35 pm

I did a 'headcount' earlier today.

Not including flip-flops but everything else...I have 205 pairs of shoes.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Vesper wrote:

The Apparel Thread - Page 3 TwigFront_large
- 100% Wood frame sunglasses with Walnut finish.

Hoping to pick up some boat shoes and shorts over Christmas.
I like those quite a bit.

I've lost a lot of weight (60 lbs, hoping to get up to 80 lbs), so most of my clothes don't fit, so as I go along I've been upgrading my wardrobe. Christmas brought me a lot of apparel, including some new blazers (one in brown suede, the other in a deep merlot/cranberry) and dress shirts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Apparel Thread   The Apparel Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Apparel Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3