More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Film adaptations you'd like to see

Go down 
+7
Loomis
Harmsway
j7wild
trevanian
Hilly
bitchcraft
Largo's Shark
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:00 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
HALO (would love to see this video game franchise turned into a film trilogy)
Why? It has solid gameplay, but its narrative is terribly generic.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:01 am

The CIVILISATION series would make an interesting film.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:48 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
The title of the film was based on the flavor of the area between Jolie's legs, I heard.

we all need salt in our diet for the human body to function
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 am

Subscribe now for j7wild's daily health tips!!! Only $69.99 per month. 80% off if you belong to the female race.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:07 am

Sharky wrote:
Subscribe now for j7wild's daily health tips!!! Only $69.99 per month. 80% off if you belong to the female race.

henceforth, the FEMA Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:11 am

Harmsway wrote:
HALO (would love to see this video game franchise turned into a film trilogy)
Why? It has solid gameplay, but its narrative is terribly generic.

I think the story, the worlds, the characters, the weaponry, etc....all of it is very imaginative and would look great up on the big screen. Just some of the live-action commercials for the video game have sent a tingle up my leg.

Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:46 am

Just some of the live-action commercials for the video game have sent a tingle up my leg.
Please. I like Halo for the most part, but the trailers were just artsy fartsy. They tried to be "emotional" and they just came off as tacky and melodramatic.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 am

Well, according to IMDBpro, Stuart Beattie who wrote POTC: On Stranger Tides, Tomorrow When The War Began and GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra is writing a script based on Halo.

Not sure what to make of that - never played the game, but I'm assuming it's not going to be good.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:00 am

Halo... isn't that the game where you shoot aliens, run over aliens, throw grenades at aliens, and decapitate aliens?

Sounds like Hollywood material. Get Jason Statham and Andy Serkis on the line.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:21 am

I just finished reading A GATHERING OF SAINTS, which deals with the actions of Mark Hofmann and his blackmailing activities against the LDS Church with documents that threatened to destabilize its entire system of belief. Would make for hell of a film; if adapted directly, with an attempt to stay faithful to the facts of the case, it could make a fine procedural.

But I'd also be interested in a fictionalized version of the story. While the real Mark Hofmann is an unqualified sociopath and monster, it might be interesting to use him as the basis for a more sympathetic fictional character who has a crusade to bring down the Mormon religion because of his disillusionment with it, and finds an extraordinary way of doing so, only to get cocky and find himself way out of his depth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Film adaptations you'd like to see   Film adaptations you'd like to see - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Film adaptations you'd like to see
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: