More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+34
Louis Armstrong
Perilagu Khan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Jack Wade
CJB
Toppers
Tubes
G section
TedHeath
Salomé
GeneralGogol
Vesper
bitchcraft
Gravity's Silhouette
Manhunter
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
dr. strangelove
bondfan06
Makeshift Python
Control
Hilly
Loomis
Blunt Instrument
lachesis
tiffanywint
Fairbairn-Sykes
j7wild
The White Tuxedo
Harmsway
trevanian
saint mark
Santa
Largo's Shark
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

Last Movie you Watched? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:20 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Santa wrote:
Call them my teats to their face, just once, and I'll slap you in the balls.

This sentence is beyond comprehension. Stop drinking.

Bloody pedant. Santa's teats are lovely when they're drunk.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:21 pm

They are not teats That's so degrading.

They are funbags.

Last edited by Santa on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

TCM showed 2001, and 15 minutes later I was sound asleep.

Last edited by saint mark on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Santa wrote:
They are not teats That's so degrading.

They are funbags.

We present Santa's Trampolinos...

Bags of joy for all the family.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 10:26 pm

I love it when they squeak.
Back to top Go down
trevanian
Head of Station
Head of Station
trevanian

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:54 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

The Hidden (1987)

laugh

I've heard of this movie, but I spotted it on YouTube...

...and really enjoyed it. It's like a mix of THE TERMINATOR, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, THE THING, and ALIEN NATION. Clever script, a terrific cast (Clu Gulager alert!), well-done action sequences, good direction, and a sense of humor. All for a under 5 million. I like good little movies like this that rise above budget on their wits.

Speaking of teats, Claudia Christian has nice ones in this movie, but they remain hidden.

The director did an HBO movie called BY DAWN'S EARLY LIGHT that I like a lot, and he did a ton of editorial work on SUPERNOVA (after Hill left, before Coppola came on, and well before Hill came back and left again.) Kinda surprised he didn't have that much of a career, he was in his 40s when he did HIDDEN, which is really pretty decent stuff.

Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 am

PINA (2011, dir. Wim Wenders)

Out of any film I've seen, PINA makes by far the strongest choice for 3-D as a valid cinematic aesthetic choice. I'm now convinced that it has a valid purpose beyond conning audiences into paying higher ticket prices. PINA should never be seen in any other format than in a 3-D, theatrical exhibition.

That said, the film itself is a bit too fragmented to provide either a compelling portrait of Pina's choreography or of herself as a person. There are moments where PINA proves quite compelling--"The Rite of Spring" segment, for one--but sadly, the film jumps from segment to segment too quickly, rarely allowing each segment to establish a firm narrative of its own.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:23 am

Yes, but does any shit blow up?
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 am

The Grey (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1601913/

a deep deep movie - very well made

4/5

Red Tails (2012)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485985/

I am sure Lucas had good intentions when he took on this project but

the special effects are good and that's about all there is to this film - the rest is just a recycle of every cliche and plot device and paper thin characters from every war movie we've ever seen from the dawn of celluloid til today

Lucas said this is his Swan Song to the movie business - I guess he doesn't want remembered for what he has accomplished but for what was his final film - a big flop

2/5
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:21 am

The Grey

Great movie. Hilariously misleading marketing. Tons of macho males at the screening wanting to see "Taken but with wolves" and instead they get "Old Man and the Sea but with wolves". Great movie, though.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 am

it's not just a great movie, it's a deep philosophical movie

it's about Man dealing with Death and Mortality

the Wolves are just a metaphor
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:05 am

Man vs wolfs. I'm cheering for the wolfs. Woof Woof!
Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Seems a lifetime ago but I returned to the beginning of the HP franchise and was suitably impressed, I'd forgotten the series used to be about magic and actually had colour. Odd how much criticism Chris Columbus got for actually doing decent service to his material. The kids are ok in their roles, great casting all around, its funny in places, has a sense of wonder, a sense of mystery and a pace that belies the simple story. Glorious John William's Score too. The blu ray presentation does reveal some dodgy effects notably Harry on the Trolls back and the inpenetrably bizarre Quidditch.....today these scene are some of the very few in the cinema that might actually benefit from a retro 3D treatment. Anyways much better than I remember and a solid 8/10 from me!
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:19 pm

Drive Angry - maybe what Death Proof might've been like if Tarantino had realised that people don't go to 'grindhouse' movies for extended dialogue scenes (and that they DO go to see at least some tits).

Utter, utter nonsense ... but it's never dull.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 4:06 pm

THE THIN RED LINE. Tried and failed to watch Terrence Malick's 1998 comeback, but found it absolutely intolerable - after half an hour, I could simply take no more. Ponderous, patronising, pseudo-intellectual guff, with dire performances, horrendous dialogue and hamfisted flashbacks, not to mention the most pointless and distracting "all-star" cast since THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD. Unintentionally hilarious when not simply deeply dull, but, sadly, not sufficiently funny to make it worth a watch.

Granted, I saw only half an hour, so I guess I can't really judge THE THIN RED LINE, but then again I did give it a shot and it failed spectacularly to engage me on any level. I'd been planning to watch THE TREE OF LIFE, but if it's anything like this trainwreck I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 6:48 pm

THE TREE OF LIFE isn't that much like THE THIN RED LINE, a film I don't much care for, really, and would probably consider to be Malick's weakest effort. It shares some weaknesses with THE TREE OF LIFE, but it's ultimately a pretty different experience.

That said, Malick is a bit of an acquired taste. You have to struggle with him a bit, since he has some tremendously irritating tendencies, even though he has a remarkable talent for visual imagery. For my money, his best films are BADLANDS and DAYS OF HEAVEN, and I'd pin THIN RED LINE as his worst work to date.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Lost World a.k.a. Jurassic Park II

plenty of pithy one liners by Goldblum, Richard Attenborough cameo, decidedly bit of alright Julianne Moore and a T-Rex giving Goldblum a George Kennedy in Naked Gun style "Why?" look after being tranquilised.
Soundtrack wise one favourite moment is the appearance of the Jurassic Park theme in "Visitor in San Diego" which plays as Malcolm and Harding drive to the ampitheatre. Indeed in the same track there's notes/sounds that I detect in the Revenge of the Sith score, mainly if I recall involving Grevious' scenes.

Jurassic Park IV you say? Start of a new trilogy/possibly rebooting with new characters you say? Paging Sam Neill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 pm

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN. Terrific entertainment and certainly one of Spielberg's most stylish efforts.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm

I love THE THIN RED LINE. Absolutely towers of the TREE OF LIFE in almost every respect. Probably Hans Zimmer's finest score, too.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 pm

Hilly wrote:
Jurassic Park IV you say? Start of a new trilogy/possibly rebooting with new characters you say? Paging Sam Neill.

Wouldn't mind a reboot of the original, based more on Crichton's novel.

Shame Peck isn't still around. He was underused in JURASSIC PARK.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Would be pretty pointless, if you ask me. No one could do it better than Spielberg & Williams.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Hilly wrote:

Shame Peck isn't still around. He was underused in JURASSIC PARK.

definitely prefer one closer to the novel. Bloodier for one.

Peck's one of the best parts of the first film. Haven't read the book in a while but I think Muldoon featured more than in the film.

From what I've read JP4 is being produced by Speilberg rather than directed and is scheduled 2013 but it's been 'in development' for yonks anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 pm

I remember it being in development when I was 14. I just turned 25 last year, I really don't see it happening now. Then again, Indy 4 did happen, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:05 am

Sharky wrote:
I love THE THIN RED LINE. Absolutely towers of the TREE OF LIFE in almost every respect.
I can't for the life of me understand why anyone love that film, though I know it has its fans. I'd much rather watch THE TREE OF LIFE.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 am

Sharky wrote:
No one could do it better than Spielberg & Williams.
I don't think Spielberg's JURASSIC PARK is anywhere near the Platonic ideal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next