More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie you Watched?

Go down 
+34
Louis Armstrong
Perilagu Khan
HJackson
Prince Kamal Khan
Jack Wade
CJB
Toppers
Tubes
G section
TedHeath
Salomé
GeneralGogol
Vesper
bitchcraft
Gravity's Silhouette
Manhunter
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
dr. strangelove
bondfan06
Makeshift Python
Control
Hilly
Loomis
Blunt Instrument
lachesis
tiffanywint
Fairbairn-Sykes
j7wild
The White Tuxedo
Harmsway
trevanian
saint mark
Santa
Largo's Shark
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 pm

When did this forum become so negative? It's unpleasant to be around here most days now, everything's so judgemental.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
When did this forum become so negative? It's unpleasant to be around here most days now, everything's so judgemental.
Stay away from the Skyfall boards. It's worse there.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:43 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Nothing wrong with calling a turd a turd, imo.
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:51 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
everything's so judgemental.
It's called having an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

There's a difference between having opposing opinions on a movie, and actively denegrating someone for having that opinion. It creates a negative experience for people using the forums, since it creates a situation where members are ostracized for having certain opinions. And if that's going to happen, why post? Why should I put up with Ambler bitching to Tux for liking Star Trek?

For fuck's sake, it's a James Bond forum. No need to strut about all high and mighty.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 11:27 pm

j7wild wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
I'm at a 2nd viewing of TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY. There are about 6 people here. laugh

I still need to watch that!

😢

Highly recommend it.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:13 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
There's a difference between having opposing opinions on a movie, and actively denegrating someone for having that opinion. It creates a negative experience for people using the forums, since it creates a situation where members are ostracized for having certain opinions. And if that's going to happen, why post? Why should I put up with Ambler bitching to Tux for liking Star Trek?

For fuck's sake, it's a James Bond forum. No need to strut about all high and mighty.

This.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:28 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

This.

Good luck trying to change it FS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

A. If someone starts to criticize you for your opinion, come back with something that actually shuts them up. If you don't really have a comeback, your opinion was probably shitty and unfounded.
B. I'm not "ostracizing" anyone. Just about every Bond fan has an opinion I'll at least listen to.
C. What forums are we supposed to strut about all high and mighty in?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:57 am

j7wild wrote:
The Bodyguard (1992)

4/5

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103855/

Whitney Houston's smashing film debut.

Watching this movie reminds all of us how one person can rise and fall from grace and fame so quickly and how life is short and fleeting and we are all on this earth for a short time.
That's deep J7. I saw this movie too back in the day. I remember it didn't completely suck, which was a relief, considering what it could have been.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 am

TedHeath wrote:

A. If someone starts to criticize you for your opinion, come back with something that actually shuts them up. If you don't really have a comeback, your opinion was probably shitty and unfounded.

Right, because the proper response to bullying is to bully right back, and to not stoop so low is to admit defeat. Sure thing.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:25 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Why should I put up with Ambler bitching to Tux for liking Star Trek?

But aren't you Trekkers used to it by now? The caricatures are legend...parent's basements, Spock ears, conventions, Star Trek pajamas.....laugh . I'm just kidding with you but people do like to have fun with the stereotype..in good fun of course.

May the force be with you! Oops, my bad. That's the other series.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:21 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
That said, Tux is the first person I've come across who would happily admit not to reading one of the greatest novels of the twentieth century.

I didn't happily admit it, just honestly. I guess that didn't stop you from using it as a springboard to try to insult me. :)

Also, if I'm the first person you've come across which fits that bill (which I don't), you need to get out more.

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:

I seemed to pass some threshold to get on the shit list. Seriously, I come on here to talk about films and stuff like Star Trek because no one I know away from my laptop as much interest in either. If anyone gets their jollys by putting me down for it, that's on them. But it is annoying. I'll just try to ignore it. Not even watching the films of Kubrick seems to be enough to elevate me from the dreaded depths of being a Star Trek fan or finding Star Wars entertaining. And I find it funny that you, Sykes, nor Python or Hilly, get to receive any flack.

I haven't read the book, so I gave my thoughts on the film. I enjoyed it. I found it flawed, but I found a lot to like in it and have a blast watching it. At least mostly. I actually found a little inspiration in it, as an aspiring filmmaker.

Dr. Strangelove (1964)

I've always enjoyed this one, though the satire is a little over the top at times for my liking. My favorite here is George C. Scott, actually.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 8:46 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Dr. Strangelove (1964)

My favorite here is George C. Scott, actually.

I'll second that. Sellers does little for me in the film, and Strangelove is the only character of his that I find particularly funny. Scott and Hayden, on the other hand, are practically perfect the entire way through.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 9:02 am

HJackson wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
Dr. Strangelove (1964)

My favorite here is George C. Scott, actually.

I'll second that. Sellers does little for me in the film, and Strangelove is the only character of his that I find particularly funny. Scott and Hayden, on the other hand, are practically perfect the entire way through.
My sentiments, especially Hayden.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
A FACE IN THE CROWD, FieldsMan.

Great, great, film. Somehow even more relevant today.

About time America did its duty by Kazan.

Another decent man destroyed by good old Senator McCarthy.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:09 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I seemed to pass some threshold to get on the shit list.
Just Ambler's. But I just joined ya, and the water's fine.

The White Tuxedo wrote:
I haven't read the book, so I gave my thoughts on the film.
Despite Ambler's "You're not a person until you've read LOLITA" shtick, you should read the book. It's brilliant.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:17 pm

I've been trying to watch Adventures of Tintin for 3 days now but I keep turning it off after a few min.

It's not holding my attention and Daniel Craig doesn't sound like Daniel Craig!
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
TedHeath wrote:

Right, because the proper response to bullying is to bully right back, and to not stoop so low is to admit defeat. Sure thing.
I said "criticizing", not "bullying". For example, what I meant was if someone said "I don't think George Lazenby could act very well", and you were a Lazenby fan, form a counter-argument instead of just whining about them saying that. I don't think anyone actually bullies someone for an opinion on James Bond.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

A decent man, like bitter Marxist creep, Abraham Polonsky?
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:51 pm

THE DAY OF THE LOCUST (1975, dir. John Schlesinger)

I wanted to see it again after reading the novel. I watched it with my wife this time, who hadn't seen it, and she kept leaning over to me and saying, "That is so David Lynch." And the film is, in its own way. The use of sprinklers made by Schlesinger definitely recalls Lynch's use of sprinklers in BLUE VELVET (and maybe some other films, too), and the hazy Hollywood of DAY OF THE LOCUST gets a very strong echo in MULHOLLAND DRIVE.

THE DAY OF THE LOCUST is a tremendously impressive film (thanks, Sharky, for bringing it to my attention), though I do think the film falters a bit in Karen Black. Karen Black more than succeeds at encompassing the more distasteful aspects of her character, but she completely lacks any kind of allure, which is required to make this kind of Sally Bowles/Holly Golightly character work. So throughout the running time, it remains a bit perplexing as to why our handsome protagonist would be so deeply obsessed with a person who is so thoroughly unattractive.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Agreed with you there about Karen Black. She reminds me of a bloke in drag, though maybe Schlesinger intended that.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Sharky wrote:
Agreed with you there about Karen Black. She reminds me of a bloke in drag, though maybe Schlesinger intended that.
Perhaps so. He does devote a bit of time to that drag performance later in the film.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Harmsway wrote:
Sharky wrote:

Perhaps so. He does devote a bit of time to that drag performance later in the film.

Ant there's the cross-dressing kid. More likely than not that's from John Schlesinger's sensibilities as a director. He was gay, and there's homosexual or sexually ambiguous characters in nearly all of his films. It's one of the things that differentiates THE DAY OF THE LOST from the cinema of David Lynch.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Sharky wrote:
Salomé wrote:
Erica Ambler wrote:

A decent man, like bitter Marxist creep, Abraham Polonsky?

Well that depends, do you believe either man did enough to warrant having their professional careers largely destroyed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie you Watched?   Last Movie you Watched? - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie you Watched?
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next