More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Tim Burton Thread

Go down 
+7
Harmsway
Santa
bondfan06
Makeshift Python
Control
TedHeath
Largo's Shark
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

The Tim Burton Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:51 am

Just to kick it off, I've got a question. What were these creepy masks that Barbara and Adam put on in BEETLEJUICE? They're only on screen for a short while, but they scared the crap out of me as a boy.

The Tim Burton Thread 4d1014077e5291ea0f71a99432a207cd
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:54 am

It's a bit of a coincidence that you started this thread, as I was just watching the trailers for Batman and Batman Returns. The Batman trailer was just awful and poorly done. About your Beetlejuice question though, I can't help you there; I haven't watched the film in ages.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:57 am

They weren't masks in the film. They morphed their heads into those in order to show Sylvia Sidney that they were capable of making themselves look scary.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:00 am

Fair enough, I just want to know what they are.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:08 am

You should check out the flick again, good Burton camp and Keaton steals the scenes. He's like a role model for this forum.

Anyway, favorite Burton flick is ED WOOD.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:09 pm

I have never been fan of Burton's visual style. I find it emotionally distant & the dark fairy tale aesthetic doesn't appeal to me. ALICE IN WONDERLAND is especially guilty of that.

But then again I haven't seen ED WOOD or SWEENEY TODD which are supposedly his best films so what do I know.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Burton.

No.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:23 pm

No?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Burton makes big budget B-movies. What's the point of that?
Back to top Go down
TedHeath
Cipher Clerk
TedHeath

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 1:50 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Burton makes big budget B-movies. What's the point of that?
Burton's Batman films are the best ones, and were definitely worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Burton makes big budget B-movies.

Balderdash. Explain to me how ED WOOD, MARS ATTACKS! and BEETLEJUICE are B-movies in under 200 words. Time starts now.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Well, I want my lunch, and I need to untie Santa before the crabs eat her. Off the top of my head then ...

Ed Wood was a famously incompetent b-movie maker.

Mars Attacks was an expensive amalgam of 50's apocalyptic SF b-movies and bubblegum cards.

Beetlejuice ... er .... not seen it, never will.

Not much of a defence, I concede. I was thinking more of Burton's shallow Hammer retreads such as Sleepy Hollow. Plus if I have to justify half the crap I spout in this place then we're going to be here a very long time.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Ed Wood was a famously incompetent b-movie maker.

Mars Attacks was an expensive amalgam of 50's apocalyptic SF b-movies and bubblegum cards.

They're post modern comedies looking fondly back at B-movies, but not B-movies themselves. Big difference. Also, to think of MARS ATTACKS! as simply a 50 sci-fi homage would be seriously missing the point. It's one of the finest films made about Clinton's Americaâ„¢, but it went over everybody's heads at the time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Er. Bollocks, Sharky. :D
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Your mind's deteriorating Ambler. Too much mince pies...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Sharky wrote:
Your mind's deteriorating Ambler.

You may be right, Oh Shark.

Now, I know I came into this forum for something, but what? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
the crap I spout
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:48 pm

I meant the spout I crap.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:50 pm

I thought it worth quoting for truth.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 4:54 pm

As long as it's not all you swallow.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 pm

The trailer for DARK SHADOWS has arrived.

Back to top Go down
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:29 am

Sleepy Hollow is my personal fave Burton movie and one of my desert island discs, it just brings everything I like best about his style and humour to a fine balance.

Sleepy Hollow
Batman (1989)
Batman Returns
Beetlejuice
Big Fish

I dislike the animated 'Nightmare' derivatives and despise 'Sweeny Todd' with a passion.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:16 am

Another link to the trailer for DARK SHADOWS:

Turned out exactly the way I didn't want it to. Marketed as a comedy, FFS. laugh

As for Eva Green, she's getting uglier as the years go on. I'd still stick it between her tits, though, just for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:28 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
Another link to the trailer for DARK SHADOWS:

Turned out exactly the way I didn't want it to. Marketed as a comedy, FFS. laugh

As for Eva Green, she's getting uglier as the years go on. I'd still stick it between her tits, though, just for the hell of it.

Agreed that the movie is going to get howls of outrage from fans of the series, and deservedly so. They wanted a straight portrayal.. However, I'm not a fan and I thought the trailer was unexpectedly hilarious, Depp was back in fine form after a regrettable performance in THE TOURIST and RUM DIARY, and Eva Greene was smoking hot and never looked better. Greene shows some comedic chops in this movie. I may end up seeing it.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:25 am

is anyone else tired of Depp+Burton movies?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tim Burton Thread   The Tim Burton Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tim Burton Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next