More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Madonna's Super Bowl performance

Go down 
+9
Hilly
6of1
saint mark
Largo's Shark
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Vesper
Makeshift Python
j7wild
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Madonna's Super Bowl performance Empty
PostSubject: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:42 am

This is how the Half Time Show worthy of the Super Bowl is done!!

Not that crap they had recently with The Who and The Geriatric Stones and Black Eyed Pea!!

Even the stage is worthy of the Super Bowl!!

You would think Madonna is performing at one of her Multi-Million dollar World Concert Tour with a stage like that!

The entire thing is a colossal video screen!!

Before Gaga and Black Eye Pea and Spears and Beyonce and every one else, there was MADONNA!

Now, almost 30 years later, there is STILL ONLY ONE MADONNA!

OFTEN IMITATED, NEVER DUPLICATED!!

:cheers:

Where's MICHAEL JACKSON now?

I remember in the 80s when Jackson was at the peak of his career, the Brothers said he was going to replace Madonna and he will be around forever!

HA!

His musical career was fading long long before he died while

MADONNA's MUSICAL STAR never faded once

and it has shined brightly for almost 30 years now!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:51 am

What an old bat.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:10 am

Not a Madonna fan by any means but I have to agree with j7wild's sentiments. That was put together damn well, great lighting and shit.

Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:10 am

NBC Censor fail at 7:52!!

:cheers: :lol!:

Last edited by j7wild on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:12 am

j7wild wrote:
NBC Censor fail at 7:51!!

laugh
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:21 am

That's why we pay j7 the big bucks.

Fucking hate Nicki Minaj.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
What an old bat.

you would still do her!

she's quite a Cougar and she is still HOT at 52!!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:43 am

She's a walking Chinese finger trap for sure, but I leave the cougars to my cousin unless it's Carrie Lowell.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:26 pm

j7wild wrote:
This is how the Half Time Show worthy of the Super Bowl is done!!

Not that crap they had recently with The Who and The Geriatric Stones and Black Eyed Pea!!

Even the stage is worthy of the Super Bowl!!

You would think Madonna is performing at one of her Multi-Million dollar World Concert Tour with a stage like that!

The entire thing is a colossal video screen!!

Relatively speaking she did okay. But she's clearly lost a step in terms of performance. Furthermore, I just can't get all that excited over a performance where I know the singer is lip-synching. And the opening sequence, with her on a throne and a bunch of half-naked guys in some sort of gladiator dressing was just too gay for an NFL half-time show; too much "camp". It was embarrassing to be watching a sport that is rough and tough, and then to have to interrupt it for Madonna's femme boy-toys playing harps and frolicking around on stage like some sort of gay pride parade in West Hollywood. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:03 pm

NFL's pretty gay anyway. Madonna's just keeping with the spirit of the game.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Sharky wrote:
NFL's pretty gay anyway. Madonna's just keeping with the spirit of the game.

I disagree. I think we may all look back on this performance in a few years and feel like it was a turning point...a tipping point...back to more mature, responsible acts that don't depend so much upon drama, camp, theatrics, and intentionally offending half the audience.

I sensed something had been edited or cut during the half-time show, but I wasn't sure. I thought maybe the feed gave out for a split-second; now we know it was M.I.A. flipping her middle-finger to the audience.

It's not like the NFL needs NIcki Minaj or M.I.A.; ratings for the NFL games are enormous, dwarfing everything else on television. So why invite this sort of scrutiny by hiring acts that have shown zero ability to restrain themselves? Nicki Minaj's latest single is so offensive towards black women that even BET won't run the video; Cee-Lo's biggest hit was "F*** You" last year. We're all intimately familiar with every bit of Madonna....was there no one else that the NFL could have chosen for entertainment value and to avoid some of the controversy that has been accompanying these "stars" like Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake? Did the NFL learn nothing from 2004?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Yeah, they could have easily saved the money and just have Madonna perform solo. Reminds me of that awful halftime show with Britney Spears, NSYNC and Aerosmith, like the NFL wanted to cover all demographs from tween to 50 year old beer bellies. At least Madonna had more showmanship.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Yeah, they could have easily saved the money and just have Madonna perform solo. Reminds me of that awful halftime show with Britney Spears, NSYNC and Aerosmith, like the NFL wanted to cover all demographs from tween to 50 year old beer bellies. At least Madonna had more showmanship.

And it's a fairly captive audience, from the people inside the stadium to the people in their living rooms. Where are we going to go?

As for M.I.A. and her finger-flippin'....I'll live. My world won't crumble apart. But I just wonder why it seems so difficult to get the NFL to book acts that don't intentionally set out to offend the audience. It's not like we're demanding Christy Lane or Amy Grant or Michael W. Smith be booked to do the half-time, but is it really asking too much for the NFL to *NOT* book these stupid, stupid, classless, trashy, lowest-common-denominator rap "artists" who play with themselves on stage, curse, and use obscene gestures? It simply can't be that difficult to find major talent out there willing to do the Superbowl without having to lower oneself to the level of Madonna, Cee "F*** You" Lo, Nicki "Stupid Hoe" Minaj, and MIA.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:12 pm

I think it's sad that people get more upset about Janet's boob hanging out than M.I.A. looking directly at the camera and flipping the bird. I guess tits are evil. Call me a sinner.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
I think it's sad that people get more upset about Janet's boob hanging out than M.I.A. looking directly at the camera and flipping the bird. I guess tits are evil. Call me a sinner.

It's not the tits. Everyone loves tits. It's the lack of choice, though. The Superbowl is a community event. It should be understood that some behavior reserved for private places (strip clubs, bedrooms) isn't appropriate in a forum so public as the Superbowl. People didn't have the choice to opt out of Janet Jackson's strip routine because we had no prior knowledge that that was going to take place. There's a time and a place for that and the Superbowl ain't it.

I think Tit-Gate was still the more obscene of the two incidents because naked titties are considered inappropriate in all civilized cultures (except Central Africa, where they let it all hang out). I'm not sure people in Japan may understand that in America "flipping the bird" is considered obscene. Not really sure that insult translates into all other cultures.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Still don't see why nipples are evil.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:

It is a puritan thing.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:30 pm

saint mark wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

It is a puritan thing.

No, that's what liberals who don't want society to have any sort of standards or self-control say to shift the argument. Besides, Puritans loved tits to. Everybody loves tits. Unless you're momma breast-fed you through a straw, we all were raised on tits at some point.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
saint mark wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

It is a puritan thing.

No, that's what liberals who don't want society to have any sort of standards or self-control say to shift the argument. Besides, Puritans loved tits to. Everybody loves tits. Unless you're momma breast-fed you through a straw, we all were raised on tits at some point.

I saw that show with Janet Jackson and only later on the internet learned about the breast thing. I was utterly amazed about the reaction on it. It is a breast one of natures most beautifull things (imho).

Talking standards when breasts get shown the age-label on a movie or tv show gets higher, but when we see somebody getting killed in what ever way it does not effect said age-label as much.

I prefer my kids seeing breasts over people dying/killed every day of the week.

Back to top Go down
6of1
Cipher Clerk
6of1

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:56 pm

saint mark wrote:

Don't be a wet blanket, it becomes so much more agreeable if a bunch of scumbags in Marine BDU pisses on the corpses afterwards...
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm

6of1 wrote:
saint mark wrote:

Don't be a wet blanket, it becomes so much more agreeable if a bunch of scumbags in Marine BDU pisses on the corpses afterwards...

:D
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:16 pm

How would old Kamal put it, liberals are a rare breed...soon to be extinct.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Controversy aside, a great show. Great spectacle and great dancing. How in the world is that dude doing what he's doing about four and a half minutes in? Must hurt like hell.

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
It's not like the NFL needs NIcki Minaj or M.I.A.; ratings for the NFL games are enormous, dwarfing everything else on television.

Is M.I.A. famous in America? I'd never heard of her until today, even though she's British. Maybe she's bigger in the States than she is over here.

Still don't know who Nicki Minaj is. Heard of Cee Lo Green, though.

Anyway, I was impressed by Madonna's show. Wish she'd performed "Die Another Day".
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Loomis wrote:

Is M.I.A. famous in America?

N.O.

Quote :
I'd never heard of her until today, even though she's British. Maybe she's bigger in the States than she is over here.

I think I've seen the name before, but that's it. She's no break out artist over here.

Quote :
Still don't know who Nicki Minaj is, though. Heard of Cee Lo Green, though.

I have one song by Nicki Minaj, which was actually a fairly good rap called "Right Thru Me". Also have about a half-dozen Madonna songs. I've seen Madonna's tingling naughty parts in Playboy (strictly for journalistic purposes at the time) and also watched Body of Evidence several times on VHS (again, just for edumicational purposes; I was doing a paper on the effects of....aw, f**k it! I was a perv!)

I stand by my earlier statement: the campy theatricals just feel over the top to me, even in a venue and a forum that is being hyped as the greatest show on Earth. I mean, at it's heart it IS still a football game. RIght? I have no personal problem with homosexual players (I always root against the heterosexual in women's tennis) because it is possible to be homosexual and not gay. I think the "gay vibe", which works well at New Years Eve parties in Key West, don't work as well at the Superbowl. It's a totally different audience.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Besides M.I.A. (which I only know of because of one hit song) I have no idea who the other guests are. But I've been out of the loop on pop music for ten years now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madonna's Super Bowl performance   Madonna's Super Bowl performance Empty

Back to top Go down

Madonna's Super Bowl performance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next