More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Truffaut Thread

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

The Truffaut Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Truffaut Thread   The Truffaut Thread EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Yesterday marked Francois Truffaut's 80th birthday, had he lived past 1984. I figured it'd be appropriate to have a thread dedicated to his work.

There are a few Truffaut films that I haven't taken a look at yet--one being A GORGEOUS BIRD LIKE ME. I'm hoping it gets a restoration soon and shows up in a theater here in New York, or at least on Criterion DVD.

I'd say some of his best works include STOLEN KISSES, DAY FOR NIGHT, SHOOT THE PIANO PLAYER, SMALL CHANGE, THE SOFT SKIN, THE 400 BLOWS, and JULES AND JIM.

I also find his films like BED AND BOARD and THE BRIDE WORE BLACK to be extremely fun, although they might not match the quality of his greater works. FAHRENHEIT 451, as dry as it is, had some fine visuals and an outstanding score, too.

Shame that he died so young.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Truffaut Thread   The Truffaut Thread EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm

His greatest moment was as Mad Frog Bastard in CE3K.
Back to top Go down
bondfan06
'R'
'R'
bondfan06

PostSubject: Re: The Truffaut Thread   The Truffaut Thread EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:05 pm

He was one of many good elements of CLOSE ENCOUNTERS and I wish he had more screentime.

FAHRENHEIT 451 which was ruined by Oskar Werner but I agree about the score.

I've recorded THE 400 BLOWS and JULES ET JIM on my DVR, really looking forward to watching them soon.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: The Truffaut Thread   The Truffaut Thread EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:16 pm

I've seen very little Truffaut, but I loved L'ARGENT DE POCHE (also known as POCKET MONEY and SMALL CHANGE). Must watch it again soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truffaut Thread   The Truffaut Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Truffaut Thread
Page 1 of 1