More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.

Go down 
+6
bitchcraft
Jack Wade
Loomis
j7wild
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:15 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
It wouldn't take an EMP to cause American society to implode. Somthing like the Great Depression would suffice. And if that--or some other economic catastrophe occurs--you better load up on the artillery and head for the hills because the population centers will quickly become cauldrons of savagery.

Oh, I totally agree, though in the book I referred to, the exact cause of the EMP is not definitively stated, though the characters believe on good authority it was the Iranians launching three nuclear missiles into the upper atmosphere for detonation. Talk about a real view to a kill. No, I'm not sure the American society will have to wait that long for an upper-atmosphere nuclear strike; any population that riots over Nikes and fried chicken will eventually implode upon itself, dragging the rest of us down with them.

KFC's Refusal to Give Away Grilled Chicken Sparks Sit-In?
http://gothamist.com/2009/05/06/kfcs_denial_of_grilled_chicken_give.php

"People have kids they trying to feed.....You mean to tell me we can't feed our kids?"

Robin Quivers: 'Racial Epithets Being Spewed'

Minnesota Police Called to calm tensions at Popeye's over $4.99 chicken deal

Woman refuses to leave drive-thru until given free chicken
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm

I don't even want to click on those.

:|

I just don't have the stomach.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
I don't even want to click on those.

:|

I just don't have the stomach.

I don't blame you. I have a pretty good constitution...a strong stomach, but even I got grossed out today. I was watching Chelsea Lately on dvr, and she ran the story that's been going around about Stephen Hawking being a regular at some swingers parties in Southern California, and I almost vomited. I'm sorry, but the image of Stephen Hawking at a sex club is just too much for me to handle.

Back to the riots....any woman yelling into a drive-thru speaker that she was planning on 'Feeding her kids Popeyes chicken and now what is she expected to do? Let them go hungry?' tells you everything you don't want to know about the state of decline in the United States.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:08 pm

I should have added that I just don't have the heart.

I already harbor so much negativity, contempt and disgust--watching those sorts of videos will only exacerbate the condition. Don't want to become a complete misanthrope.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:40 pm

that's just so silly

if you go to KFC or Popeyes and they ran out, go to another place

there are 2 KFC and 1 Church's and 2 Popeye's within 5 square miles of where I live
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 9:30 pm

j7wild wrote:
that's just so silly

there are 2 KFC and 1 Church's and 2 Popeye's within 5 square miles of where I live
You're missing the point. They went there because they were having a special.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 am

Jack Wade wrote:
j7wild wrote:
that's just so silly

You're missing the point. They went there because they were having a special.

I got the point about they were having a special BUT was that special ONLY at that ONE location only.

When I go to KFC and Popeyes and Church's for their specials, the specials is usually at all of their locations.

So what I meant by comment is if you go to one location and they are out of chicken, go to another location or wait for them to make more.

Unless they are completely out of raw chicken and they don't have the ingredients to make more.

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:02 pm

*THIS* is inevitably what happens when you try and market and cater to a person or group of people based on cultural or racial stereotypes: backlash. Even if the intended gesture was to "honor" the people (sort of like NBC's cafeteria attempting to honor Black History Month with collards, fried chicken, watermelon, and cornbread on their February menu: http://www.mediaite.com/online/nbc-cafeteria-celebrates-black-history-month-with-fried-chicken-special/). But I digress..............

The most interesting part about the new outrage against Nike from people in Ireland IS NOT because Nike attempted to make a shoe based on the stereotype of Irish being heavy drinkers of Guinness and Harp, but because the shoes were called "Black and Tans", which apparently was some sort of political crackdown back in the 1920's.

Look, I'm going to give Nike a pass on this. I don't think it's possible to Google every single marketing phrase or idea you can think of to see if it will be offensive to someone. On the other hand, Nike probably did this on purpose to drum up some new publicity, so maybe I shouldn't give them a pass. They get their shoes made from sweat-shop labor in South East Asia and China, so somehow I truly doubt they are all that concerned with the plight of the Irish people from the 1920's. Honestly, when I heard that Nike had a new shoe they were calling the "Black and Tans", I thought is was a new marketing campaign aimed at African-American and Latino consumers.

In any event, I don't own Nikes and haven't owned them in 20 years. Not worth getting shot on the street for them.

New Nike Shoe Sparks Irish Outrage

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/nike-black-tans-sneaker-accidentally-incites-outrage-among-160904943.html

The name of a new Nike sneaker has people upset in Ireland. The footwear giant accidentally insulted the Irish while trying to honor the country leading up to St. Patrick's Day.

The Nike SB Black and Tan Quickstrike is named after a black and tan colored alcoholic beverage made by mixing stout and lager--usually Guinness and Harp or Bass--in a pint glass. Even though Guinness and Harp are Irish, it is not a drink that is commonly requested in bars in Ireland. In the 1920s, a British paramilitary group, known as the "Black & Tans," used brutality to suppress an armed Irish Revolution, and it was known for its ruthless attacks against Irish civilians.

The president of the Irish Lobby for Immigration Reform, Ciaran Staunton, said the name of the shoe "would be the American equivalent of calling a sneaker 'the Al Qaeda.'" Staunton added, "Is there no one at Nike able to Google Black and Tan?"

Nike issued an apology for inadvertently upsetting people in Ireland, saying "no offense was intended." Nike officials also told FoxNews.com that the official name of the sneakers is 'Nike SB Dunk Low' and that the shoes were "unofficially named by some using a phrase that can be viewed as inappropriate and insensitive."
Many people on social media are echoing Staunton, saying that Nike should have simply put the name "black and tan" in an Internet search engine to figure out the sinister connotation behind it. Even Atlanta news anchor Mark Hayes tweeted that "Nike put its foot in its mouth and now they are scrambling to do some damage control!"
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 pm

If people in power would tell these hypersensitive looney birds--no matter where they be--to shut the fuck up, perhaps they would stop whining and crying every time they get their pweshus wittle feelings hurt. But oh no! That would make too much sense. Everybody has to apologize and grovel before the idiots instead. This sort of behavior is kerosene for the politically correct conflagration that is consuming western culture.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:14 pm

Perilagu Khan wrote:
If people in power would tell these hypersensitive looney birds--no matter where they be--to shut the fuck up, perhaps they would stop whining and crying every time they get their pweshus wittle feelings hurt. But oh no! That would make too much sense. Everybody has to apologize and grovel before the idiots instead. This sort of behavior is kerosene for the politically correct conflagration that is consuming western culture.

Agreed. And why can't you just make a good-looking, durable shoe and put it out on the market without trying to appeal to different racial and ethnic groups? Why can't a good shoe just be a good shoe? Liberals get themselves painted into these corners every time they try and honor somebody not because of what they have accomplished or achieved, but because of what they look like.

If the shoe had been green and had gel insoles filled with Irish whiskey would they be less offended?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: a   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Perilagu Khan wrote:

Agreed. And why can't you just make a good-looking, durable shoe and put it out on the market without trying to appeal to different racial and ethnic groups?

Aye. This is the bizarre intersection of capitalism and mult-culti.

One of the free market's odd little secrets is that corporate America has flipped largely to the left. And here we see leftwing capitalists attempting to profit from the multiculti they were taught at Harvard, only to have that multiculti come back and bite them in the ass. One can't help but chuckle imagining them in the boardrooms spluttering, "B..b...bu...but we were just trying to honor them! Why are they so angry? Don't they know we're on their side?"

Well, if you assholes and your fellow travelers hadn't been fomenting trumped up ethno/racial outrage these last 40 years (see the tempest over Amerindian mascots for a relevant example), maybe this sort of crap wouldn't have happened. But being a Leftist means never having to say your sorry.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Just wanted to issue a quick alert to fellow Bond and Beyond readers: please avoid all shopping malls, strip malls, shoe stores, etc...this Saturday, June 8th. Basically anywhere, any place that sells shoes or is frequented by people who look like they're fans of Kanye West, rap music, or the NBA.

His new shoe, "Air Yeezy 2", will be "dropping" on Saturday and we all know what that means: violence, riots, shootings, stabbings, stealing, SWAT, police, etc...all over a $245 pair of sneakers that were made by slave labor in China. You read it here first.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Kanye West is a Hack!
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeezy? Isn't that what Tiffany Case said when Mr. Kidd went up in flames?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 11:32 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
His new shoe, "Air Yeezy 2", will be "dropping" on Saturday and we all know what that means: violence, riots, shootings, stabbings, stealing, SWAT, police, etc...all over a $245 pair of sneakers that were made by slave labor in China. You read it here first.

But Kanye's a humanitarian!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.   Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nikes....riots...police...SWAT helicopters.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: