More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics

Go down 
+3
Largo's Shark
Fort Knox
retrokitty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics Empty
PostSubject: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 am

On January 1, 2012, I started to draw. I was practicing for a fashion illustration course I was to begin later in the month. I started doing graphite portraits and then moved onto the water colour fashion figures. I'll try oil and acrylic when the weather warms up and I can do it outside. For now, I am exploring how to combine the graphite shadowing and the watercolour.

I'm interested in the experiences of people who make art regularly and how they started... what they wanted from it and what they feel are the benefits and challenges.

Are their any non-film artists on the forum these days?

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics Sart_painter_100-102
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Well, since there is nothing else going on in the forums yet today, I'll share where I ended up with my course...

I learned to paint with watercolours and did alright with the fashion, but found that I was more stimulated by graphite portraits. So here are a few I did in the spring of 2012.  The last photo is a portrait I did this spring (2013) when I took a charcoal portrait class.  It's James Braddock (Cinderella Man) for my hubby. I am doing a series of early 20th century boxers for our home, which had started with the boxing gloves in graphite.  

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics 40459410 Hepburn

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics 40271510  Stella Stevens from Playboy

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics 42773710One of the girls from Madmen in an ad. My teacher gave it to me as a project.

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics 39314010

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics 38223610

I'm planning on combining this hobby with Bond over the winter but haven't decided if it's Bond I want to sketch or the ladies of Bond. Something will move me.

Last edited by retrokitty on Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:34 am

Some excellent work there, Retrokitty, I'm very impressed.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 12:37 am

Like the Hepburn one a lot. Almost like a mask of Melpomene. Very surreal.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 1:12 am

Very talented, Kitts. More than I can do. Recall at school copying a picture of Point Bonita Lighthouse from this book on San Francisco (still got the drawing someplace) and the teacher saying I had a talent, could expand on it. Alas, I went for the history route. :) Yours is something else entirely.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 4:27 am

Terrific work.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:02 am

Thanks, gents.

The two things I found most important to remember in the process was that each person does develop a certain style of their own - duh - and that it takes time. Not the learning but the actual business of drafting, sketching, creating and finishing a drawing. I used to think I totally sucked at drawing and if you saw these drawings at one hour into them, you'd have thought the same thing.... even at two hours in.  

When I realized that most portrait artist spend 4 - 6 hours on a good portrait, it gave me some room to breathe and develop. The one of Jimmy Braddock is 12" x 12" and I spent about 8 hours on it over about three weeks. Hepburn is on 5" x 7" paper and took 3 hours.

I really recommend it to everyone. It really feels good to make your mind work differently or use different parts. My day job is in administration so this is a good departure.

Thanks again for the comments. :)

Hilly... I do think there are some people who are natural, but most artists will tell you that it takes work, and I fully agree with that. The talent isn't in knowing where to put the graphite immediately but having the patience to work it out until it looks right. You can do it.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am

I retired (early) two years ago after a tussle with the necromancer, i needed a hobby so i took up oil painting, i bought all the gear and looked for tuition on the internet, i had always fancied the idea of painting but i never ran with it but now armed with my trusty fan brush i was determined i was to become the next leonardo. I came across a name which may be familiar even with NON artists, a man who could finish an entire painting in less than 30 minutes....Bob ross.
Bob convinced me with his undying encouragement that i too could paint beautiful landscapes and two years later i have produced over 100 paintings in Bobs unique style. I shall now attempt to attach a few examples but i wouldn't hold my breath sad
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyThu Jul 09, 2020 10:55 am

Nah, thought not....what gives? Maximium size 0 kb?
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Amongst the rubble....Oil on canvasArt - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics _2020110
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 2:29 pm

Amongst the rubble 2
Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics _2020111
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 pm

Are these your works, silvertoe? Impressive!
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 11:25 am

Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang wrote:
Are these your works, silvertoe? Impressive!
Thanks MKKBB, yes...it's my hobby since retiring early due to cancer. These two particular paintings are a departure from what i normally like to paint.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:38 am

If that's a departure I can only imagine how good your other works are. Great stuff! Hope you well and truly kicked cancer.

I dabble a little in abstract expressionism. Not often enough and certainly without the skill you present in those images.
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 2:34 pm

Thanks MKK, yeah kicked its ass, base of tongue and lympth nodes....All good now thanks wink
Back to top Go down
silvertoe
'R'
'R'
silvertoe

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyMon Dec 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics _2020010
Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics _2020011
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics EmptyMon Jan 04, 2021 10:01 pm

Excellent work, silvertoe! I especially like the composition of the first and the 'lighting' in the second. Very moody. I'd put that up at my place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics   Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics Empty

Back to top Go down

Art - drawing, painting, sculpture, computer graphics
Page 1 of 1