More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Best of John le Carré

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Best of John le Carré Empty
PostSubject: Best of John le Carré   Best of John le Carré EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:50 am

As embarassing as it is to admit, I haven't read much of John le Carré. I've only gone through "The Russia House", "The Constant Gardener", and "The Spy Who Came In From the Cold".

I was wondering if any of you could recommend some of his best titles, or simply share your thoughts on his work.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Best of John le Carré   Best of John le Carré EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:08 pm

I'd recommend TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY and SMILEY'S PEOPLE next, followed by A PERFECT SPY - one of Le Carré's finest and most neglected works, autobiographical in nature and a highly compelling read.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Best of John le Carré   Best of John le Carré EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Good choices, Sharky. In the wake of the new TINKER TAILOR, I've been catching up on the other Smiley novels now.

And, Brown, if you dig Le Carré, be sure to give Graham Greene's spy novels a look.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Best of John le Carré   Best of John le Carré EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 am

I have a handful of his stuff. A Small Town In Germany. A Perfect Spy. Tinker, Tailor, etc.

Unfortunately, I have such a backlog I'll probably never get to them. I should send them your way, since gods knows I'll never have the chance to get to them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of John le Carré   Best of John le Carré Empty

Back to top Go down

Best of John le Carré
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Other Arts, Hobbies, Work & Interests-
Jump to: