More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Comments and Suggestions.

Go down 
+49
Control
dr. strangelove
lachesis
Agent007391
boldfinger
Dr No
Santa
Moore
General Yuskovich
Blunt Instrument
Toppers
James Bond
j7wild
Salomé
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
tiffanywint
Chief of SIS
Gravity's Silhouette
Sleeper
bondfan06
Fairbairn-Sykes
bitchcraft
GeneralGogol
HJackson
Perilagu Khan
colly
MOO7RE
Louis Armstrong
Fae
Ravenstone
Klown
danslittlefinger
G section
Mr. Trevelyan
Hilly
Fort Knox
Chang
CJB
Makeshift Python
Satorious
Lazenby.
lalala2004
CIS
retrokitty
Largo's Shark
Vesper
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The White Tuxedo
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

Comments and Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:46 am

Okay.

-Add a TV section.
-Perhaps move the Deli down to Genital- Ge- General Discussion.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 7:02 am

Perhaps compress some of the Bond forums.

For example, adding DVD discussion to the Merchandise section. Or merging the Cast & Crew forum with the Directors forum.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 am

MI6 is all over this forum and it needs to move on. Maybe move all the MI6 sections to a sub-forum of their own.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 am

I really like the new banner, by the way. Who made it?
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:25 am

Also digging the banner. That said, could we try having the background that it leads on to (though not necessarily the one our posts back on to) also be white? That way the ads and the banner and the background would all blend together and look rather seamless.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:31 pm

How about a quick reply feature at the bottom of the page?
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:36 pm

I've never understood the quick reply button... never found it quicker than a regular reply button. What am I doing wrong or not understanding?
Back to top Go down
CIS

CIS

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
I really like the new banner, by the way. Who made it?
Just came to post this. Great idea for a banner.

retrokitty wrote:
I've never understood the quick reply button... never found it quicker than a regular reply button. What am I doing wrong or not understanding?
You don't have to open another page to write a reply.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:36 pm

When you write a link or whatever, it looks like regular text.

[url=www.boobs.com/boobs/boobs.jpg ] boobies [/url]

The boobies part is the same color as regular text. At least from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

The boobies part is the same color as regular text. At least from what I've seen.

I'm not sure what's behind the scenes on Forum Motion, but I remember that IPB offered an option to change the color of hyperlinks. Seems like that's all the admin would have to do to solve this issue.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

I'm not sure what's behind the scenes on Forum Motion, but I remember that IPB offered an option to change the color of hyperlinks. Seems like that's all the admin would have to do to solve this issue.

I don't know who M is, so it'll feel weird to ask him to do so much. I think we need to put a comprehensive list together. Dossier for M.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 am

I want to echo what everyone said about the forum banner. Very cool.

I also like having a quick-reply option. It's good if you aren't quoting anyone or using any code. Just one less step. I've liked it in forums that implement it, and the great part is those who don't like it can easily reply the long way.

It is the only single thing I like about MI6book.

Last edited by lalala2004 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 am

A board for non-Bond games would be fine.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:

Shouldn't be too hard to sort out. I'll stick that in a PM along with the forum layout stuff.
Back to top Go down
Satorious
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Satorious

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 5:51 pm

Some decent warning if you are going to shut down the forums - I think that's my main request at present... ;)

EDIT: Another suggestion (not sure how easy/difficult it is - or if it's already been suggested) - Would be great to have a link to see what the latest posts are/the newest threads. Or am I just missing the obvious on how to do it? If not - pretty please with a cherry on top...
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:07 pm

Satorious wrote:
Would be great to have a link to see what the latest posts are/the newest threads. Or am I just missing the obvious on how to do it? If not - pretty please with a cherry on top...

I think the "View Posts Since Your Last Visit" link is essentially that....
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 pm

lalala2004 wrote:
Satorious wrote:
Would be great to have a link to see what the latest posts are/the newest threads. Or am I just missing the obvious on how to do it? If not - pretty please with a cherry on top...

I think the "View Posts Since Your Last Visit" link is essentially that....

The "Today's active topics" at the bottom also helps. Though I'm sure if anything can be done to make any of this stuff more user-friendly, the admin will get around to it. Maybe there's no better option in this particular system, I'd guess most forums have something or other that isn't quite as perfect as it is on other versions, though also perhaps having stuff that is much better also.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:22 pm

Are the swear filters gonna remain?

If so, I don't mind. I think you know what F*** is supposed to be. However, I notice that any words filtered are also automatically converted to large caps. I think that needs to be fixed. If I want to put emphasis on a swear word I'll do it myself.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Yeah, that should be fixed.

Makes everyone who uses an expletive seem angry. laugh
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:29 pm

laugh I didn't know the swear filter was even activated on here. I've been putting the asterisks into words myself.

I'm sure it can be sorted out though. What does everyone want, the swear filter removed and let common sense prevail or just keep the filter but remove the capital letters?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
What does everyone want, the swear filter removed?

Yep. I don't think the world will end.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:33 pm

I really wouldn't mind if it were lifted all together, but that's totally up to M.

Seems like we're a hardened bunch, for the most part.

Unless there's someone amongst us who's never cursed before. Then God bless 'em.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:41 pm

Concerning filters, I don't mind either way. Keep them activated or don't.

Just fix the caps problem if you're gonna keep the filter. I hate it being capped when it shouldn't. It does make me sound more aggressive/pissed off than I intend. laugh

Plus the filter selections are utterly strange. I can't say F*** but I can say motherfucker. laugh
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:48 pm

I wouldn't object to the filters being removed. There's a difference between "I don't F***ING believe it" and "F*** you cocksucker" and while the latter is unacceptable, I don't see why the former needs to be sullied by asterisks.
Back to top Go down
Chang
Universal Exports
Universal Exports
Chang

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:55 pm

Surely as with any site members will always find a way around the swear filters.
FCUK this
F-U-C-K that

Life finds a way. -Jeff Goldblum (Jurassic Park)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. Empty

Back to top Go down

Comments and Suggestions.
Page 1 of 32Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next