More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Three day rule.

Go down 
+4
Blunt Instrument
AMC Hornet
Jack Wade
bitchcraft
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:58 am

According to urban dictionary, which has some good shit...

Quote :
The "three day rule" is an outdated piece of dating technology popularized by such films as "Swingers." It is a seemingly sensible yet often unrealistic tactic.

The "three day rule" is a rule to prevent a man from appearing desperate or needy after attaining a girl's phone number that he (just) met. Following this rule, you are to wait 3 days before calling in order to create suspense and appear non-needy.

The truth is, it is far better to call sooner but to make shorter calls. This way you slowly but surely integrate yourself into the girl's life, and by ENDING THE CALLS YOURSELF instead of waiting for conversation to dry out, you eliminate any signs of desperation. If you wait 3 days, you may have lost emotional momentum and it may be harder for her to recall the attraction she felt, depending on how well you did when you first met!

Anyone ever incorporate this 3-day rule in real life?

It was tried on me once, maybe deliberately, maybe not...truth is, I was itching for a fuck with someone hot and he might have gotten lucky if he called earlier...but when he finally did...I wasn't so interested anymore. He was persistent though, didn't give up for well over a year and was still calling up until the day I left that part of the country.....

I do subscribe to the notion of not appearing to be needy or desperate...even if I had some hot solo moments with one, two, or three fingers later on...but a nice, strategic phone-call does indeed work....

Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 am

That rule is stupid. I don't contact the majority of girls I get numbers for again, mostly because I met them drunkenly, Facebook stalk them and then realize they look like a foot, but if for some reason that's not the case, I usually text them back the next night (if it's on the weekend).
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:31 am

Way,way back (when FYEO was still 'coming this summer,') I met a lady whom I invited to a party I was planning for the next week. I told her I'd call her the next day with the details. I deliberately waited until the day after, just to give the impression that I wasn't desperate. She was annoyed because she'd waited by the phone the entire day for me to call (Ka-plagh! - as the Klingons say). I can't imagine why she eventually married me.

FFW 20 years: As a divorcee the same age as Roger Moore was filming LALD, I met another lady and made a date for the following week. I called her the very next day, and suggested - if she wasn't busy - that we meet and go for a walk in the unseasonably pleasant winter 'Chinook' ('false spring,' for you south of 49). She was more impressed with me as a middle-aged divorcee devoted to my children than she had been with me the night before as a Roger Moore stand-in (which had impressed her - bless her heart).

That was nine years ago, and we're still going a lot stronger than my first wife and I were after nine weeks.

The moral of the story, boys and girls, is: try beingt honest with your prospective partners. You may lose out on a lot of supermodels along the way, but the partner you end up with will be the right one for you, and vice versa. (I tried to give myself the same advice when I was in my 20s, but do you think I listened?)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:10 am

It's as well your avvy of your denim-cutoff clad ass wasn't still there next to the 'imagery' you've supplied of you playing with yourself in that post Ms. Sects, otherwise I'd be needing my underwear dry-cleaned. Ahem.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Never a problem with me, since I never give my own number straightaway, but ask for theirs.

If they don't want to give it, their loss.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:30 pm

That's another thing: when I met my new lady-love I didn't ask for her number - I offered mine first. That let her know that I wasn't just out collecting numbers, or had some ulterior reason for not wanting her calling me (like there being someone else who might answer the phone or hear my messages). When I gave her my card she gave me hers straight away.

Neither of us were into playing games, and we've been happily and voluntarily together ever since.

I only wish I'd met her sooner - but then, perhaps I wasn't ready for her yet.

Last edited by AMC Hornet on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:02 pm

The real question in this day and age is calling vs text messaging. Not how long. It should be within two days, three at the very most.

And in that debate I fall on the side of the phone call. It's harder to say no to a voice.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
It's as well your avvy of your denim-cutoff clad ass wasn't still there next to the 'imagery' you've supplied of you playing with yourself in that post Ms. Sects, otherwise I'd be needing my underwear dry-cleaned. Ahem.

That reminds me of my after-hours webcam days,...I knew about the video capture software since I'd record my daft mates, but was always discrete myself...

Salomé wrote:
Never a problem with me, since I never give my own number straightaway, but ask for theirs.

If they don't want to give it, their loss.

Sometimes when myself and co-workers were out on lunch or in a bar after work, we'd get the occasional loser who couldn't take a hint that there was no mutual interest. So we'd have ready-made numbers to give out...pretend to be hesitant...let them think they got what they wanted.

Anyone who called my 'number' got a mortuary 50 miles away or a pizza-parlour :face:
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:42 pm

Robert Townsend's take on the subject:

"She gave you the wrong number, man. Ain't no woman got no 800 number!"

Last edited by AMC Hornet on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:29 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Sometimes when myself and co-workers were out on lunch or in a bar after work, we'd get the occasional loser who couldn't take a hint that there was no mutual interest. So we'd have ready-made numbers to give out...pretend to be hesitant...let them think they got what they wanted.

Anyone who called my 'number' got a mortuary 50 miles away or a pizza-parlour :face:

Not the type of 'stiffy' or thing to munch on that they were hoping for, then ... ;) .
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:19 pm

you can' try your 3 day rule on Mila, she's lonely!!

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/aline/mila-kunis-don-t-asked-213935508.html
Back to top Go down
clublos

clublos

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:27 pm

I think 3 days is kinda money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Three day rule. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three day rule.   Three day rule. Empty

Back to top Go down

Three day rule.
Page 1 of 1