More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Comments and Suggestions.

Go down 
+49
Control
dr. strangelove
lachesis
Agent007391
boldfinger
Dr No
Santa
Moore
General Yuskovich
Blunt Instrument
Toppers
James Bond
j7wild
Salomé
Jack Wade
Prisoner Monkeys
tiffanywint
Chief of SIS
Gravity's Silhouette
Sleeper
bondfan06
Fairbairn-Sykes
bitchcraft
GeneralGogol
HJackson
Perilagu Khan
colly
MOO7RE
Louis Armstrong
Fae
Ravenstone
Klown
danslittlefinger
G section
Mr. Trevelyan
Hilly
Fort Knox
Chang
CJB
Makeshift Python
Satorious
Lazenby.
lalala2004
CIS
retrokitty
Largo's Shark
Vesper
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The White Tuxedo
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:27 pm

Looks like its back to normal to me now. Dunno what the glitch was all about.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 am

I'll take out all of the word censorings, there's no need for them.  Forgot they were even still in place anywhere here. 

On another note, some recent posts seemed to debate the amount of sections devoted to music here. I actually think these sections will work out well, especially the bands and artists section.  Already there are posts appearing which seem to be getting some of our best members talking in the ways the forum is trying to encourage.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:50 am

What about "After Hours: Adults Only Area?" Is that to remain restricted access?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 1:55 am

That's up to us lot as a collective, not me.  A few valued members preferred it to be hidden/optional.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 2:18 am

Can we get rid of "Only Mods Can See This Link" in the lower sections?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:04 am

Not a fan of this new thin width (looks like it was made for 800x600) resolution monitors). Never was a fan of fixed widths to be honest. I prefer it to be set at 100% so that its width is flexible to the size of one's window, much like the old MI6 had set.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:18 am

This is bad. I feel like it's 2001 right now.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:21 am

Okay, nice, I can now change the shape of my window and not have to scroll left or right. Doubt I'll need to expand to full screen ever again, as I am using a 16:9 monitor and that has never been my favorite monitor format for computers.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:43 am

The layout was fine the way it was. Why change it? A layout probably isn't going to bring in members.
Back to top Go down
General Yuskovich
'R'
'R'
General Yuskovich

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 am

Yes, I see no need for the change, either. It was fine as it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:42 am

Jack Wade wrote:

All new members get a Nokia 3310.
Back to top Go down
General Yuskovich
'R'
'R'
General Yuskovich

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:55 pm

CJB wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:

All new members get a Nokia 3310.

I had one for those for about nine years! Most reliable phone ever made? And virtually indestructible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 11:44 pm

I see that the Multiplex has been blended in with the Film Discussion. I remember thinking in the beginning of this site that it might have been pointless, but over time I thought it worked out nicely. It was convenient to have a whole section dedicated to franchises so that you know where to look and narrow it down. I'm not against merging the two sections, it does trim the layout, I just think it's too bad the little convenience is gone. Let's definitely keep the film news section separate for the rest of this forum's time, I remember MI6 having film news and discussion all in one section and what a mess it was to plow through so many pages just to look for a certain thread.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 12:33 am

At least there aren't like six different film subforums now.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 am

I like the change. Too many film sections. Same with Music having four separate sections before: one for reviews, news, etc. and other stuff. Looks much better.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 12:42 pm

I cannot find my Western thread even when I check the list of topics I have started.
Is it missing or I am just doing something wrong?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 1:22 pm

You didn't create the thread, you just owned it. Welcome back, busty.

*slaps ass*

https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/t123-the-western-thread
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:30 pm

As a last ditch attempt at saving this forum, I want every active member of B&B to make at least one suggestion. I'll ensure that the majority get acted on by M. You know the drill. Keep your demands within reason - don't ask for the impossible.

If anyone dares make yet another snarky "stop whining" comment, I'll come down on you like a shit tonne of bricks, and probably delete your post. That may seem tyrannical, but I'm at a point where I'd rather emigrate to MI6Community. It's that bad.

To paraphrase Steven Patrick Morrissey: "forum in a coma, I know, I know - it's serious."
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:06 am

Dare I suggest give Python a crack at admin. Don't mean this in a snarky way but based on his recent posts in the other thread. I don't have anything else beyond this. I'm a desert.

(MI6Community? If you do go, tell them...for their tomorrow we gave our today)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:22 am

Would rather eat my own shit than go near MI6 Community again. We'll sort things out here because we still have members who give a shit and speak their minds, ad well as being given the freedom to do so. It's a very slow time culture-wise to be trying to turn our fortunes around. Most current films & music aren't very discussion worthy. I think the Skyfall discussion only really bombed out quickly because most of the film's major plot points were revealed and discussed prior to release, which left us with little to say other than that we liked the film. It wasn't a majorly divisive Bond film and, given M's major personal effort to promote the forums at the time, I can't see how any other admin would have made the situation any better. We've lost some great members, which is what is slowing the place down. Until all members can be tolerant and understanding towards each other, we'll end up in freefall under ANY admin.

My one idea/suggestion? A need for clear focus on what we are and what we offer, because right now Bond isn't offering anybody anything.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:30 am

We just need to recruit a lot more active members. Until then, this place is going to be a bit of a ghost town.

I think we've all offered ways of doing that. Some fell short, or never lifted off the ground. A lot of the responsibility is on the shoulders of the administrator. Non-administrators can only go so far with roping-in new, active members.

The layout is really the least of our worries, but seems to be revamped whenever I log in.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:40 am

MI6Community isn't the gulag a lot of us make it out to be. The mods are pretty laisser-faire these days, and they've got a handful of mature posters who aren't disillusioned with Bond. SirHenryLeeChing, RC7, and TheWizardOfIce are all wisened Bond fans, and the later's funny-as-fuck. The downside of course is Brian, but then he's fairly easy to ignore.

I've already started posting there again. Why? It's simply a less depressing experience than B&B. The massive volume of traffic gives you naive kids to cynical 40 somethings and everything in between.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:47 am

It'll take a bit for me to get there. I've looked by once or twice, once largely as someone kicked a fanfic into life, but failing that no. No.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:49 am

I wouldn't be against rejoining MI6, but that goddamn format the use as a forum is annoying. I have never seen any other site using a forum remotely like that.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 12:55 am

We've got a ton of writers/filmmakers. Why not do a small documentary on something related to Bond. It could even be 5 minutes. Hell, even something non-Bond related could bring in some people. I think we need some niche that can be developed. Not many are doing various types of multimedia. That might be a draw.

Ultimately, we need active members. The only way to really do that is have some sort of draw. Corner some area of Bond that hasn't been tackled.

While the forum layout changes are nice, it's just painting over a problem. If I own an apartment building that catches on fire and is destroyed, it doesn't matter how many times I repaint the one wall that remains standing. No one is want to going to live there.

Quote :
I've already started posting there again. Why? It's simply a less depressing experience than B&B. The massive volume of traffic gives you naive kids to cynical 40 somethings and everything in between.
I wouldn't go back to MI6, not after a lot of comments that were made by the mods/head people there towards me and others. But I would agree B & B is turning into a depressing experience. Every time I come here the major threads are "How can we fix the forum?" and then no one acts on it. So the same discussions happen over and over again. It's kind of sickening already. We either need to act on those changes or forget about it and stop with all these damn topics/posts.

If I was a person visiting the boards, there is no way in hell that I would join seeing that. If the people that use this place dislike it so much, why would I join? I never would.

Either act on it or forget about it and enjoy the little, quiet niche community that we created.

Someone needs to put their foot down and say "We have one month to actually implement some idea and see what happens. God, it could be a spectacular failure, but hell, I would be so f-ing thrilled. At least we did SOMETHING instead of just talking about it.

There hasn't been this much talk about change and so little action on it since this guy appear on the stage:

Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 Url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=1lCewv9YnT8r9M&tbnid=Qliw-0jYTXT2DM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FBarack_Obama&ei=sOobUpmgFsnA4AO79YD4Dw&bvm=bv.51156542,d

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comments and Suggestions.   Comments and Suggestions. - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comments and Suggestions.
Page 16 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next