More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Making a commitment; critical mass

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Salomé
GeneralGogol
Vesper
Chang
Fairbairn-Sykes
Louis Armstrong
lalala2004
Moore
CJB
colly
Tubes
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
Lazenby.
Makeshift Python
Control
Fort Knox
retrokitty
Jack Wade
Fae
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
colly
Q Branch
Q Branch
colly

Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Mr. Brown wrote:
Ambler's comments are spot on, though. With this site, perhaps we should break up films into a few categories. For example, Hollywood Franchises, Away From Hollywood, Foreign, or something similar to these. Or, we could always do genre-based forums.

Personally I dont think we need to break it up so much - theres plenty of room in one board for all those categories, and dividing it just seems like pointless division. For example, I'm not going to venture into the "Foreign" board all that much, but if theres a Foreign film posted in the general films board, its much more likely to get attention.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:34 pm

colly wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
Ambler's comments are spot on, though. With this site, perhaps we should break up films into a few categories. For example, Hollywood Franchises, Away From Hollywood, Foreign, or something similar to these. Or, we could always do genre-based forums.

Personally I dont think we need to break it up so much - theres plenty of room in one board for all those categories, and dividing it just seems like pointless division. For example, I'm not going to venture into the "Foreign" board all that much, but if theres a Foreign film posted in the general films board, its much more likely to get attention.

The only division I support is a seperate subforum for franchises. I think one board will generate a lot more discussion than splitting everything up, and setting the big franchise movies apart will, I think, help generate more discussion of non-franchise films.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:35 pm

Then I suppose a subforum just for franchises would be sufficient.

And then we've got the general news thread, if anyone's compelled to make a joke about Tyler Perry's latest outing.

Edited this:

WELCOME TO BOND & BEYOND
- New Member? Introduce yourself here.
- Inquiries

LATEST BOND NEWS
- Bond 23 News
- James Bond News
- Screenings/Event Updates

THE WORLD OF JAMES BOND
- Bond 23 and Beyond
- The James Bond Films DN - QOS
- Actors & Actresses
- Directors & Crew
- Literary 007
- Music Discussion
- Merchandise, Subforums: DVDS/BluRay, Collectibles, Video Games
- Artwork and Photography

FAN ZONE
- Fan Art
- Fan Audio & Video
- Fan Fiction
- Fan Reviews
- Polls & Surveys

GENERAL DISCUSSION
- General Discussion/News & Current Affairs
- Stainless Steel Delicatessen
- Non-Bond Films, Subforums: The Multiplex (Franchise Discussions)
- TV Discussion
- Music Discussion
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:39 pm

If we are to have descriptions... ;)

The Multiplex
Grab your popcorn with butter-flavoured chemical goo and your caffeinated high-fructose corn syrup, and join us in our stock of schlock. Don't forget the pics of tits.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:

My General Discussion would look like...

-General Discussion
-News & Current Events
-The Stainless Steel Delicatessen
-Film (Non-Bond)
-----The Multiplex
-Television
-Music (Non-Bond)

Looks good to me.

While I think sports and science are more than worthy of discussion, for the moment we can fit those topics into News & Current Events section without the need for subforums. Some may disagree, but I'd personally prefer an active Current Events forum to a cluster of subforums with one or two threads each.

Last edited by CJB on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 10:44 pm

CJB wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:

My General Discussion would look like...

-General Discussion
-News & Current Events
-The Stainless Steel Delicatessen
-Film (Non-Bond)
-----The Multiplex
-Television
-Music (Non-Bond)

Looks good to me.

While I think sports and science are more than worthy of discussion, for the moment we can fit those topics into News & Current Events section without the need for subforums. Some may disagree, but I'd personally prefer an active Current Events forum than a cluster of subforums with one or two threads each.

Yeah, we need to circle the wagons. Huddle together. Touch eachoth-

Wait.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't think this needs it's own section - though, if it does, I'd be happy to run it... But I think the deli needs a bar.

I'd like to see some discussions on the history of cocktails, recipes, trends, tips, bar ware and so on. Cocktails are a major part of Bond as well as many other movies from the last century.... I think I'd like to just start a few threads to see where they go and how they pick up though... if that's alright.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:58 pm

I agree with Tux. The anti-MI6 sentiment won't keep things running. I'm trying to shift some old ideas over here to provide a variety. This will be the main base of operations for the Goldfinger audio drama. Hopefully, I can set up an interview series, whether it be Fan Fiction/Media or everyone.

Furthermore, maybe I can spur some literary topics on my fondness for some John Gardner.

Perhaps in a week's time, close and delete the old refugee thread once we have the new format Tux suggested in place. Right now it seems the center of discussion, I don't want to lose that at the moment. But once we have all the general topics in place I think we should close it up and focus on moving on and getting back to Bond and building up the community.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:46 am

I think it's important that if you have anything to say about any thread, even if you've not too much to add, but you enjoy the discussion, to say so. It's not like it's going to get spammy with positive comments, and it lets people know that someone is reading and enjoying it.

I've been really guilty of just reading and not posting at forums in the past (like MI6 in the last few weeks) and for this forum to work, it needs as much interaction as it can get.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:49 am

Good point, Lala. Moderators here won't be penalizing members for one-sentence replies.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:51 am

Good. 👅
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 am

Doubly good as that's what I fear I'll end up doing after a while. Or sooner even
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 am

lalala2004 wrote:
and for this forum to work, it needs as much interaction as it can get.

Aren't you a teacher? laugh

Don't let them see Lazenby.'s avatar.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:01 am

I'm only going to send warning to members if my dinner isn't on the table by 5PM EST.

I'm sure you can all see why I'd be concerned.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:02 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
Good point, Lala. Moderators here won't be penalizing members for one-sentence replies.

I think we Mods are gonna be janitors rather than policemen. We'll move threads around if needed and do whatever. This place is as informal as your own bathroom.

Well, maybe not that informal.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I'm only going to send warning to members if my dinner isn't on the table by 5PM EST.

I'm sure you can all see why I'd be concerned.

You can always pick something up at the kiddie table. It's called MI6 Communism.
Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:15 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
lalala2004 wrote:
and for this forum to work, it needs as much interaction as it can get.

Aren't you a teacher? laugh

Don't let them see Lazenby.'s avatar.

laugh

Yeah, they don't like James Bond anyway.

Somehow my interest came up and one of my students said: "My dad likes James Bond!"

That's all I got....
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:58 am

My idea of subforums for the Film discussion section would be:

Multiplex: Basically for upcoming flicks of the week, ect.
Franchises: Focused on long running film series.
Foreign/Independent: The flicks you're not likely to see at the local mall theater.

Then anything else film related could be on the main Non-Bond section. That's just my take.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
My idea of subforums for the Film discussion section would be:

Multiplex: Basically for upcoming flicks of the week, ect.
Franchises: Focused on long running film series.
Foreign/Independent: The flicks you're not likely to see at the local mall theater.

Then anything else film related could be on the main Non-Bond section. That's just my take.

If we had more members that would be possible. As it is, I don't think we can afford to divide the film section beyond a subforum for franchise films.

In time, if we get more members and generate a lot of discussion, that could maybe be done. But i like the idea of everyone pretty much talking in one place. Because then you're not isolated and you can see what other people are discussing and maybe join in. That develops dicussion. And it's a fire we need to light pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:12 am

Following that reasoning, perhaps we should condense the Fan Projects to one area? It seems pretty dead, perhaps combining them all into one for the time being would be better. Not really enough members to warrant a Fan Art, Fan Fiction, and Fan Media thread?

Just an opinion, but perhaps putting them together would result in some more stuff getting posted?
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:16 am

Moore wrote:
Following that reasoning, perhaps we should condense the Fan Projects to one area? It seems pretty dead, perhaps combining them all into one for the time being would be better. Not really enough members to warrant a Fan Art, Fan Fiction, and Fan Media thread?

Just an opinion, but perhaps putting them together would result in some more stuff getting posted?

good point, though I hope to get something going. Not that it will set the place ablaze or anything :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:25 am

I think the 'Introduce Yourself' and 'Screenings and Events' forums need to go. They can simply be threads instead. As forums, they would be a waste. All Bond news could be collected in one forum (including news on B23), too.

I also agree that there should only be a separate forum for Film Franchises (distinct from the main Non-Bond film forum).

I am currently testing out a layout - colour scheme and graphics - for Bond and Beyond on this Forum-Motion platform. When the layout's about done, I'll post a link to it and see what you all think.

Last edited by Louis Strongarm on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:32 am

Good point on the introductory section. Perhaps it would be more fitting if the site had members booming in but we don't have too many anyway and most have already made their debut on that one particular thread.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 am

Moore wrote:

That actually might not be a bad idea.

A "Fan Creations" forum, for fiction, art, audio, and video.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 am

Moore wrote:

The current layout...

The James Bond Fanzone
-James Bond Fan Artwork
-James Bond Fan Fiction
-James Bond Fan Media - Audio/Video
-James Bond Film Reviews
-James Bond Polls, Surveys, Games and Competitions

Okay, first step is to dump the name "James Bond" from everything. laugh

My idea for a layout...

Fanzone
-Fan Media - Art/Audio/Video
-Fan Fiction
-Polls and Surveys

James Bond film reviews? I say ditch that board and move all the reviews (there are only a handful anyway) to a new Bond film Review Thread in the James Bond Films: Dr. No - Quantum of Solace board. That way it's gonna be seen. It's too easy to scroll by the board. I just clicked on it for the first time. Putting it in the Bond film board will get more people to read them, and putting them in thread will generate more discussion. We only have so many members, and I don't imagine too many of us will write long reviews. But many of us might read them. And tell the reviewers how wrong they and stupid and retarded and gay they are. See discussion.

I hate polls and surveys, but I can tolerate the board's existence.

Last edited by The White Tuxedo on Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a commitment; critical mass
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next