More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Making a commitment; critical mass

Go down 
+24
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Seve
Perilagu Khan
Salomé
GeneralGogol
Vesper
Chang
Fairbairn-Sykes
Louis Armstrong
lalala2004
Moore
CJB
colly
Tubes
Hilly
The White Tuxedo
Lazenby.
Makeshift Python
Control
Fort Knox
retrokitty
Jack Wade
Fae
Largo's Shark
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 pm

The quick-reply feature certainly makes things easier. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks, M. I really appreciate what you've put into all this for us. And I think a members only area is a great idea... for all the reasons mentions... and to keep a bit of that elitist flavour alive... tongue

Edit... I just checked and you cannot see the forbidden fruit if you are not logged in. Is there someway to show it without giving access to it? It's not an incentive if people don't know it exists.

Back to top Go down
lalala2004
'R'
'R'
lalala2004

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:52 am

Very happy with the quick reply feature. Thanks for implementing that!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:02 am

lalala2004 wrote:
Very happy with the quick reply feature. Thanks for implementing that!
I concur. Well done.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Louis Armstrong
Q Branch
Q Branch
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 am

So many people online, so little posting. Everyone must be posting in the 00 section. ;)
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:04 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:
So many people online, so little posting. Everyone must be posting in the 00 section. ;)

Nobody posts in the 00 section. They just gawk. And stuff money in G-strings.
Back to top Go down
retrokitty
'R'
'R'
retrokitty

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 4:27 am

I never sign out... don't know if that makes it look as if I'm online or not though. I popped in here for the first time yesterday in about a week.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:02 pm

retrokitty wrote:
I never sign out... don't know if that makes it look as if I'm online or not though. I popped in here for the first time yesterday in about a week.

ditto. Though I seem to be here everyday. I burned my 00 locker down.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 pm

ambler wrote:
However, as we soon found out, problems arise when members sit back and read but don't respond. (That is the way of most things, of course; the majority of people prefer to consume rather than contribute.)

This has been lingering with me recently, since I've often noticed top members searching through the forum, but not posting.

This place has hit an impasse, which will only get worse when the summer properly kicks off.

Anyone got a remedy? A pulsating rhythmical remedy?
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Sharky wrote:
ambler wrote:
However, as we soon found out, problems arise when members sit back and read but don't respond. (That is the way of most things, of course; the majority of people prefer to consume rather than contribute.)

This has been lingering with me recently, since I've often noticed top members searching through the forum, but not posting.

This place has hit an impasse, which will only get worse when the summer properly kicks off.

Perhaps a good 'ol Greatest Film tournament along with discussions can increase the buzz. I reckon with the membership here the results would be more interesting than in such tournaments on KTBEU in past years. I'd be up for organizing something like that, but I don't think I'd be able to keep track of it daily.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:49 pm

GeneralGogol wrote:
Sharky wrote:
ambler wrote:

Perhaps a good 'ol Greatest Film tournament along with discussions can increase the buzz. I reckon with the membership here the results would be more interesting than in such tournaments on KTBEU in past years. I'd be up for organizing something like that, but I don't think I'd be able to keep track of it daily.

Perhaps also a Greatest Film score tournament? That hasn't been done before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 6:57 pm

Sharky wrote:

I've already made far too many posts and I need to earn a living, not having one of those terrific UK public sector jobs that pay you a wage while you play all day on T'internet.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:16 pm

Tournaments won't do much good, we need some proper discussion. Apart from a few threads, many seem to struggle to get beyond a few pages.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:21 pm

Salomé wrote:
Tournaments won't do much good, we need some proper discussion.
True. I'm all out of one liners.

Fresh meat required.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:26 pm

We urgently need MOO7RE.
Back to top Go down
Ambler
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Sharky wrote:
We urgently need MOO7RE.

Yup. I don't think that ship's coming. Bloody tsunami.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 pm

The only advice I would give here is that too many forums reduce the traffic on each of them to unsustainable levels. When thinking about forums, err to the side of fewer rather than many. You want to concentrate traffic, not disperse it.
Back to top Go down
Ambler
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Stilicho Bias wrote:
The only advice I would give here is that too many forums reduce the traffic on each of them to unsustainable levels. When thinking about forums, err to the side of fewer rather than many. You want to concentrate traffic, not disperse it.

Hmmm, I thought we had rather the opposite problem. For instance, Tux has made 701 posts, but 699 of them have been in the Star Trek thread. :)
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Wasn't there a Star Trek episode called The Trouble with Tuxes?
Back to top Go down
Ambler
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Sequel to City on the Edge of Whatever
Back to top Go down
Seve
Q Branch
Q Branch
Seve

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:37 am

good news, I had to look this site up via Google today
and it appeared near the top of the second page
which is a big improvement over the last time I tried to find the site that way
:)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:05 am

Good job people! The last few days have been great on the forums, with the amount of posts and the rather healthy number of members on at the moment!. :D
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:59 pm

Incidentally, we just busted our old record for most users online, which was 45. Yesterday we got fifty.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Ed Tom Kowalsky wrote:
Incidentally, we just busted our old record for most users online, which was 45. Yesterday we got fifty.

Yes, that's absolutely outstanding to have had fifty people viewing the forums at 2am (UK time, at least) in the middle of a working week. And for the forums to achieve that figure with limited search presence and no big Bond news at present, it's a great sign that word of mouth is getting around. The members here have done a truly fantastic job in bringing this about.

This month, we've had our highest influx of new members since March, and our highest post count since April, with some key stats for this month almost doubling the stats from back in May. I think the forums have now truly transcended their "MI6 Refugee Camp" status of May, and become something far more fulsome and wide-reaching. If these forums can become the go-to place once discussion of Bond 23 really hots up, then I can see a really bright future for this place.

Again, brilliant work everyone.

Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Likewise, M. I honestly can't imagine anybody running this show better than you have to this point. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a commitment; critical mass   Making a commitment; critical mass - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Making a commitment; critical mass
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next