More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What's your favourite first line?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

What's your favourite first line? Empty
PostSubject: What's your favourite first line?   What's your favourite first line? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Got to be 'It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen' for me.

(1984, George Horatio Orwell)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite first line?   What's your favourite first line? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:24 pm

"I am living at the Villa Borghese. There is not a crumb of dirty anywhere, nor a chair misplaced. We are all alone and we are dead."

-- TROPIC OF CANCER - Henry Miller
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite first line?   What's your favourite first line? EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:34 pm

"Now in these dread latter days of the old violent beloved U.S.A. and of the Christ-forgetting Christ-haunted death-dealing Western world I came to myself in a grave of young pines and the question came to me: has it happened at last?"

LOVE IN THE RUINS, Walker Percy
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite first line?   What's your favourite first line? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:34 pm

Another favourite, courtesy of Anthony Burgess.

"It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me."

From EARTHLY POWERS.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite first line?   What's your favourite first line? EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm

"It was a pleasure to burn."

~ FAHRENHEIT 451, Ray Bradbury
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favourite first line?   What's your favourite first line? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your favourite first line?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: