More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

Last television show you watched - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:48 am

Sharky wrote:
What??? You're not proud of

I thought every Aussie stood up and put their hands to their chest when they heard his.

I had an opportunity to possibly try and perhaps maybe get a gig writing for that show.

I didn't take it. I'll die poor and drunk first.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 am

FourDot wrote:
Sharky wrote:
What??? You're not proud of

I thought every Aussie stood up and put their hands to their chest when they heard his.

I had an opportunity to possibly try and perhaps maybe get a gig writing for that show.

I didn't take it. I'll die poor and drunk first.

Wise move.

I take it writing for NEIGHBOURS is some kind of Faustian pact down in Oz.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 9:52 am

The Man From Uncle Season 1, 1964/65. Have burned through 26 of 29 episodes. 3 more eps to go before moving to Season 2 and the beginning of the glorious colour episodes of Uncle.

Richard Kiel was battling Solo long before he tangled with Bond. The large henchman, had a smaller LH role in the debut episode, The Vulcan Affair. He returns later in a beefed up speaking-part LH role in Ep.24, the Hong Kong Shilling Affair

Luciana Paluzzi of course has a starring role as a Thrush femme fatale in Ep.21, The Four Steps Affair, (feb.22/65)

In season one we also meet the future Kirk and Spock, Shatner and Nimoy; the future Klink and Schultz, Werner Klemperer and John Banner; the future Batgirl, Yvonne Craig; the future Agent 99, Barbara Feldon and future Batman Joker, Cesar Romero both appear in Ep.25, The Never-Never Affair (Mar.22/65); other names include, Robert Culp, Eddie Albert, Ricardo Montalban, a boy Kurt Russell and Gavin MacLeod of future Mary Tyler Moore fame.

Fun viewing, and we're just getting started.
Back to top Go down
FourDot
'R'
'R'
FourDot

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 4:01 pm

Sharky wrote:
I take it writing for NEIGHBOURS is some kind of Faustian pact down in Oz.

Oh, indeed.

But then the whole Australian TV industry is an ongoing nightmare of ineptitude. They can't even do a coherent presentation of the footy anymore, and that's just a bunch of guys kicking a bit of leather around. Imagine how they try and cope with things like... narrative.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 5:17 pm

The man who did more for lollipops than any kid, Kojak.

Was Kojak a kind of badass? Yes. Did the fifth season credits cause epileptic fits? Probably.

This was the fifth season opener, 3am on ITV1 so we have the sign language bloke that contrasts so damn sharply with the 70s film it's like he's a ghost. Anyway.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:26 pm

The Only Way is Essex.

Or as I keep wanting to call it - I Can't Believe It's Not Essex

Dear God, it's hysterical. Like watching someone pull out their own eyeball for money. I've laughed so much, I've coughed up half a lung.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:36 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:37 pm

I won't touch it with a cattle prod, closest I got was this Amy Childs number on Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Irritating voice and I bet if you put your ear to hers you'd hear the sea.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:57 pm

I'd normally avoid it like the plague but it was just to see what it's like. I can't believe anyone would watch it again, but still - it's hysterical.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Ravenstone wrote:
I'd normally avoid it like the plague but it was just to see what it's like. I can't believe anyone would watch it again, but still - it's hysterical.

it does look a good giggle. Saw something on YouTube where somebody took transcripts from Jersey Shore and did them in the style of Oscar Wilde. Word for word in that style. Absolute riot in this reporters humblest opinion. Maybe somebody could do that with this Essex malarkey. Or The Only Way is Essex as read by Brian Blessed.

Or John Hurt as done in the Big Fat Quiz.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:39 pm

There were times when my partner and I didn't understand a word they were saying.

Some poor bastard went to the bonfire party, and all everyone wanted to do was commiserate with him about his girlfriend, who - if I understood them correctly - had 'accidentally' screwed someone else.

I howled as some old biddy, who said - (as close as I can remember) - "Now listen to me, Marco. Hear what I'm saying - just you listen to me. You don't want to listen to what other people tell you...."

Oh dear Lord, some people need to hear themselves :D

Then two-timing girlfriend grabbed the microphone and made a public spectacle of herself to apologise about her 'mistake' in 'accidentally' screwing someone else. ("Honest - I just turned around and his dick just went right in there. Well, I didn't know where to look - I mean, it seemed rude to say anything....")

Of course he took her back. Like every good soap.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:26 am

I 'encountered' Ms. Childs on Buzzcocks last week, too ... and 'Joey Essex' on 8 Out Of 10 Cats. Gormless fuckwits both ... God, how I DESPISE this modern trend of the not-actually-good-at-anything becoming famous anyway.

While I'm about it, that pair of endlessly shit-prattling little c**ts Jedward can fuck RIGHT off too.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:16 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm

It mystifies me how the willfully stupid and ignorant seem to get so popular. Well, I do have a theory. It's so that other stupid and ignorant people can feel so much better about themselves, secure in the knowledge that - somewhere, somehow - someone is even more stupid than they are.

It's like watching a train wreck. You don't know how it happened, and you like it, but you watch to find out why.

I shan't be watching it again.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm

Oh yes you will.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:08 pm

I doubt it!

Well, unless I find myself feeling ridiculously in need of proving just how stupid the world is, and there's absolutely nothing else on whatsoever.

The Other Half was completely flabbergasted about blokes behaving like this. Y'know - talking about their feelings and stuff. One chap was saying to his best mate that he was thinking of moving away or something - I'm not sure because next thing he wanted a relationship with some bird or other - it all gets confusing; they all sound alike and look alike. Anyway, they start blubbing over each other. 'Imself said, "That's not how bloke are! Blokes are 'Have you still got my quarter drive spanner? Well can I have it back, please?"
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:36 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Ah well, when you let your mate get his hands on your quarter drive spanner, that's love....
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:39 am

The Mighty Boosh

I'm OLD GREGG!

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:43 am

I think Noel Fielding is very funny on Never Mind The Buzzcocks, but I think his stand up's terrible and the Boosh did absolutely nothing for me either.

I like the likes of Monty Python and Reeves and Mortimer when it comes to 'surreal' humour, but I dunno ... it seemed to me like the Mighty Boosh was trying far too hard to be 'cult', or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 am

Boosh is one of those things you have to be in the right mood to watch tbh. I can only take it in small doses and I have to be in the right mood ... otherwise nope. When I first watched it, it did nothing for me, it but rewatching some episodes when I've been slinging comments with my friend I found it funny.

I dunno ... it isn't brilliant but it does have its moments.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:45 pm

Whale Wars

I think some old fashioned piracy, and some mini subs, are required. Why not just shoot the bloody whalers? Destroy the harpoons? Scupper the boats?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:46 pm

My grandad was a whaler.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm

No disrespect intended to your grandfather, of course, Sharky. Different times then, after all.

These are meant to be for 'scientific purposes'. Japanese whalers. So why are they throwing all the guts into the sea and processing the meat for sale in markets???
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Because they're crafty buggers. Beyond a Klingon Bird of Prey the ultimate trap would be a sub masquerading as a whale. Actually I think of Captain Nemo's Nautilus. Ram the whalers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 7 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24 ... 41  Next