More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Last television show you watched - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 10:40 pm

Been catching up on True Blood on HBO....
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Of the continuing shows, Person of Interest and Fringe are still worth watching.
Always good to see someone else who appreciates Fringe.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:59 am

the legendary episode of Dad's Army with the U-Boat crew. Never gets old and Mainwaring is a delight.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:15 pm

The Great War and the Shaping of the 20th Century (1996– )

Next year it will be a century ago that the first major conflicts of the modern world of the last century did start, so when I found this dvd boxset I did jump on the possibility to enlarge my knowledge on WOI, and that was very small considering that the Netherlands was neutral in this conflict. SO the first big war was never really taught at our schools except for the basics.
This tv series gave a rather grim view on this war and all its parties but gave a shedload of insight on the awefullness of it all, combined with real footage from those days.

Well worth your time.
Back to top Go down
saint mark
Head of Station
Head of Station
saint mark

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 7:59 pm

They showed EON- the untold story on tv, I enjoyed the music the most.

Last edited by saint mark on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 2:02 am

Top Gear

the boys are back. Though I don't know who has the bigger death wish, Damien Lewis for persevering in ice or Clarkson for driving a piddling little car/holding up traffic and on a motorway to boot.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Hilly wrote:
Top Gear

the boys are back. Though I don't know who has the bigger death wish, Damien Lewis for persevering in ice or Clarkson for driving a piddling little car/holding up traffic and on a motorway to boot.

And May is excited about the Dacia Sandero again laugh .
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 9:03 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Top Gear

And May is excited about the Dacia Sandero again laugh .

probably for him that beast is still in production.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 pm

Hehehe, indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:20 am

30 ROCK

With all the hubbub over the series finale this week, I decided to finally check this out. I'm about halfway through season one and I'm just not sure it's for me. It's good, sure, and I really like Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin, but I don't know if it's my thing. It's a little too zany sometimes, I guess. It reminds me a bit of what I've seen of Community -- another show I just can't get into.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 am

I've enjoyed it so far but I don't think it's that great. Still, it's amazing how I was able to find Tracy Morgan actually amusing, as I find him unbearable in everything outside of 30 ROCK.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 am

He's terrible. I'm assuming the 30 Rock people are just being as absolutely ironic about him as they can be.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 am

Jack Wade wrote:
30 ROCK

With all the hubbub over the series finale this week, I decided to finally check this out. I'm about halfway through season one and I'm just not sure it's for me. It's good, sure, and I really like Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin, but I don't know if it's my thing. It's a little too zany sometimes, I guess. It reminds me a bit of what I've seen of Community -- another show I just can't get into.

Yeah, when I talk about not being able to get modern smug US comedy, I meant shows like that, MODERN FAMILY and COMMUNITY. I like PARKS AND RECREATION though. It's not too cute and self-knowing. Also, I'm not doing a Gravy but I find 30 ROCK's brand of limousine liberalism vomit inducing.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 11:43 am

I enjoyed 30 Rock. Mostly for Baldwin, Krakwoski and Morgan. Could alwasy take and leave Tina Fey, the writers and the chinless wonder.

Morgan doesn't realise the joke's on him, but it's still funny.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Jack Wade wrote:
30 ROCK

Yeah, when I talk about not being able to get modern smug US comedy, I meant shows like that, MODERN FAMILY and COMMUNITY. I like PARKS AND RECREATION though. It's not too cute and self-knowing. Also, I'm not doing a Gravy but I find 30 ROCK's brand of limousine liberalism vomit inducing.
I can see that.

And for my dollar, Parks and Rec is the best comedy we've got.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:44 am

HOUSE OF CARDS

One thing that grinds my gears about a lot of shows is that they get bogged down in these ultra-soapy side arcs that serve no real purpose other than to make a TV show a "TV show." (If that makes any sense.) From what I've seen so far -- I'm through six episodes -- House of Cards doesn't really have that, and I love it. Instead, it's a vehicle for Kevin Spacey to power through every second of screentime he has without much of a distraction, and it truly is something to behold.

The writers deserve a ton of credit. House of Cards isn't light or even simple, but more lean and focused, I'd say. In the interest of full disclosure, I haven't seen the British version to make any kind of comparison, but I can say without a doubt that, barring some kind of debacle in the back half of the season, this show is stellar.

Netflix done good.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:12 am

The pilot for THE WEST WING. I thought it was watchable. I'll probably watch some more of it. There's a ton of shows on Netflix, I frankly would like to watch several of them.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:45 am

Been watching THE WEST WING. I really love it. Schmaltzy? Sure, but it just works for me. The energy, the cast, the dialogue, the subject matter, I just find it very enjoyable.

I'd love to see it end with Frank Underwood from HOUSE OF CARDS parking his car in the White House garage, leaving it on, and gassing everyone, though. It would just amuse me.

Thumbs up for Elisabeth Moss being in it.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 am

Smash

Season 1, episode 6 to Season 2, Episode 2.

When this show is good, it is good. When it is bad, it is terrible.

It is a shame that such an ambitious show will never live up to it's potential. Still, it is worth watching, IMO, for both the lessons of how a good concept and excellent production cannot make up for bad writing and lack of vision, and the amazing, second-to-none production values.

This show is fucking expensive. It drips onto the screen. Not even HBO would be producing something this costly.

I give it credit for trying to do something different, and I give it credit for network tv trying to compete with premium cable.

You can't fault ambition, even if it fails to deliver.

Megan Hilty and Katharine McPhee both have great potential, also, IMO. Neither gives a great performance: they're both hit and miss. But I think in the right roles, in the right mediums, they could both be thrilling.

These videos are badly cropped:

Last edited by Vesper on Sun May 05, 2013 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:39 pm

Jonathan Meades' Joy of Essex.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:02 pm

Last nights Top Gear. The old ladies 'testing' Clarkson and Hammond's behemoth were a delight. Probably the only women who could tolerate Jezza :)
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:18 pm

May vs. the 'driverless' military vehicle was fun, too.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:19 pm

BURNING LOVE :5*:

Wow! Where did this show come from? I'd never heard of it until yesterday when I was searching my DVR for a comedy. It's a deadly accurate parody of dating "reality" shows like The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. I laughed big and hard during this premiere episode (which apparently is the beginning of Season 2; looks like S:1 was a web-only series before E! brought the show to its network), which is difficult for me to do because I have a very weird, peculiar sense of humor and I don't laugh easily.

Nearly every joke worked in this episode. The performances were spot-on. They really captured the sort of desperation and craven depravity that must run through anyone who goes on these shows.

Ken Marino is a guy I've seen around before; mostly I remember him from RENO 911. Here he plays "The Bachelor", and he's got a strong supporting cast of women (many of whom are fairly well-known, like Kristen Bell and Malin Akerman). The best gag on the show may be who it was inside the panda suit. It's clearly someone having a bit of fun with their image.

Much like RENO 911, it looks just enough like the real thing that it may fool you for a moment. If you like "spoof" shows such as RENO 911, NIGHTSTAND W/DICK DIETRICH (a spoof of talk shows which ran on E! back in the mid-90's) or SON OF THE BEACH, this show is for you.

---------------------------------

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/01/28/e-adds-hilarious-dating-show-parody-burning-love-to-weekly-lineup/167047/

Ben Stiller’s Comedic Web Sensation, Featuring Some of Hollywood’s Biggest Stars, Makes Its Television Debut Monday, February 25 at 10:00pm ET/PT, With a Third Season Premiere of “After Lately” Following at 10:30pm ET/PT During E!’s Mock Block Monday

Los Angeles, CA – January 28, 2013 – E! is expanding its weekly comedy offerings with the premiere of the hilarious, critically acclaimed, dating show spoof, “Burning Love.” What began as a web phenomenon that follows charismatic, yet incredibly shallow, Mark Orlando (Ken Marino) as he embarks on a journey to find the kind of ever-lasting love that is only found on reality TV, will now be featured as a weekly series in seven, half-hour episodes. With a lineup of comedic heavyweights from film and television, including Kristen Bell, Adam Scott, Malin Akerman and Michael Ian Black, with special appearances from Ben Stiller (Executive Producer), Christine Taylor and Jennifer Aniston, the series brings the laughs and mega-watt star power to every episode. “Burning Love” will make its television debut Monday, February 25 at 10:00pm ET/PT, with the third season premiere of “After Lately” following at 10:30pm ET/PT during E!’s Mock Block Monday.

“E! viewers love clever comedy, and ‘Burning Love’ is a hilarious parody of one of pop culture’s biggest franchises that is perfect for our audience,” said Cyndi McClellan, President, Network Strategy and E! News, E! “We recognize that good content can come from anywhere and are excited to bring this popular web sensation to television in a meaningful way.”

In the premiere episode, viewers meet handsome bachelor Mark Orlando, a 34-year-old fireman who is looking for that special woman who will ignite his flames of lasting love. Mark will be grilled on what he is looking for, and perhaps more importantly, what he isn’t looking for in a partner. In his quest for true love, Mark will have the extraordinary opportunity to date 15 women … at once. Among them are Titi, the wealthy fashion buyer; Carly, the WNBA assistant coach who is not 100% attracted to Mark; Annie, the optimistic kindergarten teacher; 84-year-old Agnes, and Lexie, an intense District Attorney who cites ‘Fatal Attraction’ as her favorite film. From standup comedy challenges and pool parties, to bubble-bath dates and roller skating outings, these ladies will be taken on an emotional roller coaster, with some handling the pressure better than others.

The series is distributed and produced by Paramount’s Insurge Pictures, and executive produced by Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Stuart Cornfeld and Mike Rosenstein, Abominable Pictures’ Jonathan Stern, Ken Marino and Erica Oyama. The series was created and written by Erica Oyama and directed by Ken Marino.

Last edited by Gravity's Silhouette on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
May vs. the 'driverless' military vehicle was fun, too.

I'm sure I've never seen him go so fast (when he's driving.) Maybe the Bugatti but there was something savage in his driving :) Hate Land Rover's though.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:26 pm

'Captain Slow' steps it up a gear, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 18 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 41  Next