These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Last television show you watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:57 am

The Fall Guy- The Huntress

nostalgia seems to be what keeps me going with this (and yes, there's Heather Thomas etc) but sometimes it's beyond silly. Back projection gets stupid but aside it was a bit of fun. In this episode was the beautiful Angela Aames who I recall as Brandee from Cheers (who said about an Australian movie, "I don't like subtitles"). Looking her up on IMDB it was surprising, nay shocking to see she died in 1988 aged 32.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 887
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : On a sleigh ride with Tonya

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:02 am

Father Knows Best
Back to top Go down
colly
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 788
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : The 50s.

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:08 pm

Watched the MASH episode The Trial of Henry Blake.

Quite possibly the best episode of all time. And thats no mean feat.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 am

Fall Guy again but with Walter Gotell. It was Gogol-light.

I swear a Galactica set managed to get into this episode.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:12 am

Fall Guy

another 'doing a Bond film' thing. "Always Say Always". Bit of a good guest list or at least some actors I like to see:

Soon-Teck-Oh
Jonathan Frakes (1984, pre-TNG, bearded, might as well have stayed home)

then

Britt Ekland, Joanna Pettet and Lana Wood.

but then stupid back projection, vague attempts at the Bond theme and somehow a stock picture of New York when meant to be Peking.
Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 853
Member Since : 2010-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Just getting into 'The Wire'. Really enjoying it so far. Might have to buy a couple seasons, would help alleviate boredom when I move to the city.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:09 pm

Try THE SHIELD.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:51 am

Telly Savalas narrating about Portsmouth via Harold Baim's Britain on Film

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b012tnr8/On_Film_Harold_Baims_Britain_on_Film/

collection of these educational shorts. Savalas on Birmingham and I'm sure, Ed Bishop on London

Back to top Go down
trevanian
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 1385
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Pac NW

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:51 am

Louis Armstrong wrote:
Just getting into 'The Wire'. Really enjoying it so far. Might have to buy a couple seasons, would help alleviate boredom when I move to the city.

Took me forever and a bunch of people bugging me before I watched it, but we wound up blowing through the whole run in less than a month once I started in, and it really really impressed. I think I rank it above DEADWOOD and CARNIVALE as far as recent (for me) series. Each season really has its own unique merits, so you don't experience that whole 'hardening of the creative arteries' thing most series fall prey to.

THE SHIELD was really solid for quite awhile too, but somehow it lost me in the final season.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 887
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : On a sleigh ride with Tonya

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

Mork & Mindy
Back to top Go down
G section
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 499
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Magic 44

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:47 am

The pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Looks like a fun series. Might check out a few more, which now means I'll be watching that as well asOnly Fools And Horses, Ironside, Batman and Torchwood on a regular bases. Plus The Football League Show is starting again and Match Of The Day is just around the corner. laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 am

Ah, Fall Guy just finished being shown from 1 to 3. Watching the pilot's fun. Ironside usually loops from the pilot through end of season 3 (pilot's butchered to bits) and Batman was epic. Well, wait until you see the surfing episode. Batman saying to Joker, "Why don't we go into the lockers and change into our baggies?"
Back to top Go down
G section
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 499
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Magic 44

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:57 am

laugh

I have to be in the mood for Batman. It's criminal that False-Face has been excluded from The Dark Knight Rises. It's as if a shop mannequin (or an auton) had bumped into Lane Smith.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:58 am

Some of the villains were quite dumb even for the Batman series. Mad Hatter or whatever it was , Bookworm.

But I like the Lane Smith reference :) Bit of a legend in my book.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 am

Finished, finally what with work, the Fall Guy pilot and that scene at the end with Majors and Farrah was somehow touching which was weird.

Show had some great guests in my opinion even if the show's plain silly. Paul Winfield the other day, Robert Wagner tomorrow. Anne Lockhart...

and G Section, if I may be so blunt, bitchin' avatar :)
Back to top Go down
HJackson
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 465
Member Since : 2011-03-19
Location : Cambridge, UK

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:02 pm

Been watching a lot of BBC News lately. The writers have really outdone themselves with this civil disobedience plot. Never saw that one coming.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5315
Member Since : 2011-08-05
Location : back in a bit

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 am

The Hour.

More expensive rubbish that proves the BBC can no longer make decent drama. The Telegraph grasped the show's failings rather well:
Quote :

less a story than an exercise in upbraiding the past for failing to live up to the politically correct ideals of the 21st century. The Hour is set in the Britain of the 1950s, when sexism and racism were more commonplace – or at any rate, more overt – than they are today. But The Hour isn’t content merely to portray this unpleasantness. It has to keep pointing at it and tutting.

“Martin Luther King [talks about] the birth of the new negro, one driven by dignity and destiny. But we don’t even challenge the fact that in every hotel window we still without shame say, ‘No coloureds, no Irish’,” scolds Freddie. Bel delivers similar lectures on male chauvinism. “Beyond that door [of the bar she’s in], women are not allowed. What is it about you men? You always need a tiny corner where we can’t reach you.” When Freddie suggests being a woman will hinder her career, she is incensed: “I can actually do this. Watch me.” She is also, she reminds him, “not your secretary”. It would have been no less subtle had the producers flashed up a sign on screen saying, “This is an example of sexism, which was rife in the 1950s. Sexism is bad. Root for the woman.”

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2304
Member Since : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 am

Mad Men is superior in that respect. It spends little time on the predicament of African Americans. Why? Because the protagonists (upper class and upper middle class white New Yorkers) would not have been pre-occupied with the civil rights movement.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3223
Member Since : 2011-03-20
Location : Belfast, Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:55 am

Avarice wrote:
The Hour.

More expensive rubbish that proves the BBC can no longer make decent drama. The Telegraph grasped the show's failings rather well:
Quote :

less a story than an exercise in upbraiding the past for failing to live up to the politically correct ideals of the 21st century. The Hour is set in the Britain of the 1950s, when sexism and racism were more commonplace – or at any rate, more overt – than they are today. But The Hour isn’t content merely to portray this unpleasantness. It has to keep pointing at it and tutting.

“Martin Luther King [talks about] the birth of the new negro, one driven by dignity and destiny. But we don’t even challenge the fact that in every hotel window we still without shame say, ‘No coloureds, no Irish’,” scolds Freddie. Bel delivers similar lectures on male chauvinism. “Beyond that door [of the bar she’s in], women are not allowed. What is it about you men? You always need a tiny corner where we can’t reach you.” When Freddie suggests being a woman will hinder her career, she is incensed: “I can actually do this. Watch me.” She is also, she reminds him, “not your secretary”. It would have been no less subtle had the producers flashed up a sign on screen saying, “This is an example of sexism, which was rife in the 1950s. Sexism is bad. Root for the woman.”


Shame it doesn't mention that Freddie and Bel's nicknames for each other are 'James' and 'Moneypenny' ... as a Bond fan, I found that quite endearing.
Back to top Go down
G section
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 499
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Magic 44

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:38 am

Hilly wrote:

and G Section, if I may be so blunt, bitchin' avatar :)

Thanking you kindly, Hilly.


Watched "To Kill A Saint". Had seen it before, but had somehow managed to miss a young Valerie Leon first time round.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 am

G section wrote:
Hilly wrote:

and G Section, if I may be so blunt, bitchin' avatar :)

Thanking you kindly, Hilly.


Watched "To Kill A Saint". Had seen it before, but had somehow managed to miss a young Valerie Leon first time round.

Odd, she's not the kind of woman to miss at any time :D
Back to top Go down
G section
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 499
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Magic 44

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:50 am

Hilly wrote:
G section wrote:
Hilly wrote:

and G Section, if I may be so blunt, bitchin' avatar :)

Thanking you kindly, Hilly.


Watched "To Kill A Saint". Had seen it before, but had somehow managed to miss a young Valerie Leon first time round.

Odd, she's not the kind of woman to miss at any time :D

Crikey, no. :shock:


Only Fools And Horses : He Ain't Heavy, He's My Uncle

I've always preferred Lennard Pearce's Grandad, but I'm gradually warming to Uncle Albert as each episode passes.


And finished the "second part" of the pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Lots of Bond type moments such as the larger than life sheriff who accompanies Colt whilst doing a Diamonds Are Forever-style two-wheeled car stunt. And of course picking the villains' car up in a helicopter by a hook is shades of You Only Live Twice. Although, considering the car was vertical, the passengers would surely have fallen through the windscreen to their doom. But hey, that's an 80's cop show for you.
I swear one of the goons was in Live And Let Die.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5395
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Buckinghamshire

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:14 am

On the quiet a few Bond folk turn up in these episodes. If they carry on to the end of season 3 you get a couple of Bond girls. I think it's a season 1 episode where Richard Burton guest stars as himself. Bills to pay.
Back to top Go down
Prince Kamal Khan
Senior Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 887
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : On a sleigh ride with Tonya

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 am

G section wrote:
The pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Looks like a fun series.

Make sure to watch the episode where Colt Seavers is in Hong Kong working on a Bond film called Always Say Always with Lana Wood(Plenty O'Toole), Britt Ekland(Goodnight) and Joanna Pettet(Mata Bond). It also features an homage of stunts to "Nobody Does It Better."

Last TV showed I watched: Burns & Allen on Antenna TV.
Back to top Go down
G section
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 499
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Magic 44

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:35 am

Prince Kamal Khan wrote:
G section wrote:
The pilot episode of The Fall Guy. Looks like a fun series.

Make sure to watch the episode where Colt Seavers is in Hong Kong working on a Bond film called Always Say Always with Lana Wood(Plenty O'Toole), Britt Ekland(Goodnight) and Joanna Pettet(Mata Bond). It also features an homage of stunts to "Nobody Does It Better."

Last TV showed I watched: Burns & Allen on Antenna TV.

Sounds great, thanks for the tidbit PKK. Any idea which season that takes place? Just so I know when to look out for it. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   

Back to top Go down
 
Last television show you watched
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 30Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Television & Radio-
Jump to: