These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Last television show you watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:42 am

I'm still waiting for The Wanking Dead starring Kimmy Novak.

Rita

Reasonably well-acted if somewhat sentimental Danish comedy drama about an anarchic schoolteacher named Rita. Opens with her smoking a fag while sat on the crapper, which gives you a fair idea of the way it’s headed.

Some acute observations about the hypocrisy of adults such as her teaching her class of the need to wait before beginning any sexual relationship when the night before she was being fucked in the gents by a guy she’d just met. Yeah, it’s big on toilets this show.

Oh, and hideous music. Rescore the show and it’d be much better.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:40 am

I take it this is no belated sequel to Educating Rita?

whistle
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Hilly KCMG wrote:
I take it this is no belated sequel to Educating Rita?

whistle

You are correct. But then you knew that.

I'm finding Rita fairly interesting still. Denmark strikes me as one of the more genuine of the small European countries, managing to maintain its independence without the usual inferiority-complex that accompanies that position.

In the latest episode, Rita is forced to combat state stupidity that decrees the losers of the school football tournament will be declared the winners so that 'they can feel better about themselves'. Beaten 18-0, the losers take the cup home.  

All must have prizes except for the winners. It'd be funny if it weren't true.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:46 am

"Sometimes we have to do things that we never thought we were capable of, if only to show the enemy our will."

Rewatched Battlestar Galactica: Razor. I'd forgotten what a great show this was. The characters of Admiral Cain, Kendra Shaw and Kara Thrace are convincing, tough and entirely fallible.

These women must be the best female role models on television in recent years, yet it's easy to see why feminists ignored the show. The last thing wimmin want to believe is that when faced with untenable situations they would make the same hard and ruthless choices that men have done throughout history. After all, the idea that women are somehow intrinsically better than men is the cornerstone of their fundamentalist religion. If you want evidence of this, take a look at Wiki's entry on Helena Cain, where a neutrality dispute has broken out over whether she simply did what had to be done or was a war criminal. Fiction is a serious business. wink
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue May 05, 2015 5:39 am

Luther is coming back for two specials, but without Ruth Wilson. Bollocks. For me, it was always about Ruth and Idris, and they were far better than their material. Some politics going on there ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/11576114/Ruth-Wilson-Im-more-honest-in-acting-than-in-life.html
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 am

BBC's never been keen on redheads really, let's be honest
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri May 08, 2015 5:27 am

Unless they're knocking about space and time with the Doctor ...

Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun May 10, 2015 8:38 am

Been watching this latest Beeb stuff, The Game.

As AA Gill wrote it's The Spy Who Came in from the Ipcress File. It looks good, fine attention to detail and yet feels -at least in its first episode- like a Tinker Tailor (the film) clone. The effeminate chap (forget his name, the Dad from Friday Night Dinner -"Argh, shit on it!"), the handsome spy chap, the working-class chap and some women.
It's not bad, it's better than some things out there.
In the preview for episode 3 I was heartened to see Rachel Stirling and indeed, in one certain shot she didn't half look like her mother which as always makes me wish she did Bond one day...the film not the man or both, who knows it's the 21st Century...

Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun May 10, 2015 10:45 am

Actor in question is Paul Ritter, Hilly ... Guy Haines in QOS, no less. Haven't seen The Game myself.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon May 11, 2015 4:54 am

Thanks Blunty. I don't remember specifics in QOS which is no surprise really.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:52 am

As it didn't quite warrant a new thread, we'll double post via Channel 4's new offering -Witnesses

this is a French cop drama, one of the few foreign shows on TV of late that isn't from north of Berlin. And as this is the only French cop series besides Engrenages I've seen (the film '36' was so long ago it's murky in my memory), we must invite comparisons. Do we? No, but let's.
There's a female cop more or less in charge, unlike Laure though she is relatively new as a detective. Is she better looking? I suppose but Laure could handle herself.
Like Laure, she has a Gilou-esque sidekick but unlike Gilou this guy is a bit of a slob in comparison. Bit on the fat-belly side of things, divorced etc.
And here comparisons shudder to a halt. It's set in Brittany but done in the style of the Nordic outpourings. It's grey and dull, buildings are almost Nordic copies (I'm no expert in Bretagne architecture so who knows), there's a lot of meaningful staring into distances, the title sequence has a dreamy song (my definition of dreamy might be off here) that overlays a surreal scene ending with a wolf and we have seven more episodes of this.

What this series needs is a flaming redhead and some shooting.

In seriousness it's interesting and I'll watch on. As I've said before, with the exception of 1864, I've little time for Scandinavian shows. I read last week that Channel 4 are creating a channel dedicated to foreign shows including a German cop series (I believe the channel will be called All4, something about it only being online perhaps or one of those hard to get if you have freeview TV channels) but also some Nordic bits.

Come on Spiral 6.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:18 pm

WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER: FIRST DAY OF CAMP

Fucking hysterical. There isn't an episode that lets up and the star caliber of the cast is astronomical — even with all the huge names involved and brought back from the 2001 movie (which is also hilarious), it's Chris Meloni who shines the most. Probably my new favorite Netflix "original" or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:23 am

Collection of outtakes from The Trip. Michael Caine is the Reluctant Paedophile at about 6:00 is a particular highlight:

I find Steve Coogan an insufferable prick but, as Rob Brydon's only purpose is to point this out, The Trip is most satisfying.

Now if only I could find Roger Moore sings Alanis Morissette...
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:31 am

Second series The Trip To Italy was the very definition of 'nice work if you can it'. Jammy buggers.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:32 am

Horror Channel are re-showing The Invaders, haven't seen it since the early 90s when I watched it with my dad. Forgot like all QM productions you have the voiceover: "Guest Starring..."

One of these programmes similarly done just for the new colour TV market. So damn vivid like the original Star Trek but it's a good series and personally, quite dark for a show of its time. Invasion of the Body Snatchers-vibe. Pleasant jolt two episodes in not only to see Roddy McDowell but Laurence Naismith.

Shame the show lasted as long as it did. And yet Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, a show I quite like all the same, lasted long enough to turn into utter nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Strangways&Quarrel
Experienced Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 pm

In tribute to Catherine Coulson (The Log Lady) who passed away yesterday I threw in a disc of Twin Peaks today. It was a season two disc, episodes 23 thru 26. I realize I keep picking this particular set of episodes often when I watch the show because while it does have some suffering with Billy Zane throughout the episodes it does have more of David Lynch as Gordon Cole, James Hurley only relegated to a narration and one scene after his horrid framed for murder plotline, more nefarious Benjamin Horne before the civil war nonsense and well, more Lynch as Gordon Cole especially the diner scenes with Shelly.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Most US TV critics seem to agree that this batch of Fall premieres might be the worst collection of new shows ever. A mere coincidence or a symptom of the current overproduction?
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 am

First episode the new series of The Detectorists. Charming nice little comedy. Now, one major thing for me is Rachel Stirling -Dame Diana's daughter. She sounds like her sometimes and has the looks. So imagine my delight when I hear this voice, look up and Dame Diana is in it playing the mother to Stirling's character.

I fully expect, nay demand, a Lazenby cameo. That'll really cheese her off.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Location : I don't know what things will be like in 4 years. I don't have 2020 vision.

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:16 am

The Walking Dead...with Glenn's apparent (but not definite) death.

Love this series....
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 pm

^ Just finished catching up with Season 5. Will watch the first 3 eps of 6 soon.
Back to top Go down
G section

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:40 am

London Spy with Ben Whishaw. An intriguing and engrossing first episode with lots of possibilities of where to go next. Our man Ben is a very fine actor. Looking forward to next week's installment.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:15 am

G section wrote:
London Spy with Ben Whishaw.  An intriguing and engrossing first episode with lots of possibilities of where to go next. Our man Ben is a very fine actor. Looking forward to next week's installment.

Saw it is as well. Definitely a different take on the spy drama (or from what has been about of late). Though coincidence that he bumps into a MI6 agent jogging on Lambeth Bridge. I know, I know, I'm joshing. See where it goes.

Didn't realise it was done by Tom Rob Smith though until last night.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:35 pm

The Sherlock special.

It was an irresistible opportunity to do a standalone story set in the stories' original era and we weren't to worry about how, where and why it fitted with the modernised version because it didn't, Moffat had told us. And for the first hour or so, that's precisely what it was and was tremendous fun because of it.

Then, they pulled the big 'reveal' and I spent the remaining half-hour alternating between pissed-off and confused. Bah.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:52 am

Been watching on More4, a new French drama which we've dubbed "Spin" -Les hommes de l'ombre

sort of a West Wing/Borgen type thing with a familiar face in the shape of Gregory Fitoussi from Engrenages. Went straight into Series 2 and pleasantly surprised to see Carole Bouquet in the first episode as the President's wife who herself is not wholly clean. Still got something going for her I must say.

This on top of Deutschland 83 marks a decent change for Channel4.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Senior Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:07 am

Been working my way though MacGyver. Having been laid off from work two weeks ago, I've been trying to break up the monotony of job searching and interviewing with some lighthearted fun. Made it to the start of Season 3 so far.

I rarely if ever tend to binge watch any TV shows. If I do, I tend to make it 2 or 3 seasons before burning out. Made it 3 seasons with Kojak a while back and then had to step away from it. Haven't watched it since, but will eventually get back to it.

Also started watching The Americans. Pretty solid, but only a few episodes in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Television & Radio-
Jump to: