More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Last television show you watched - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 2:44 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Finally got round to Manh(a)ttan after exhuming it from Amazon Prime.

It's so rare to find an adult TV show these days, I can live with all its historical revisionism. Although the erasure of Emilio Segrè and the pioneering work of Tube Alloys is most regrettable. Even so, I defy anyone not in thrall to the EU to watch it and not to conclude the sad truth of the Allied atomic bomb programme: it should have been dropped on Germany not Japan.

I'm not sure if you're serious or not, but if you are, what is your reasoning behind that belief?

Strategically it makes no sense, since the Trinity test only happened after V-E day.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 6:18 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Watched the first few Punisher episodes. Gets better as it goes along, though the plot is a hackneyed as they come.

Possiby the most Jewish show I've seen since the heyday of Woody Allen and Golan Globus. ROTFLMAO

On Golan Globus, the docu 'Electric Boogaloo' about them and the infamous Cannon Films is a hugely entertaining watch.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 8:51 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Germany destroyed? Surely not! I mean, who would be left to boss Britain about?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Secret Files wrote:
Germany destroyed? Surely not! I mean, who would be left to boss Britain about?

Surely Britain has not run out of posh public school boys? blink
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 pm

So reading up on it online, this is like an alternate history of the Manhattan Project? How much do they deviate from the real facts?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:51 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Well there must have been some women working on the Manhattan project?
Didn't Clair Patterson meet his wife that way?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 1:12 am

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
There were lots of women working on the Manhattan Project, particularly mathematicians - I read a book on that very subject about 20 years ago when science most interested me. They just weren't in very prominent positions and I have no doubt that was due to the prevailing views at the time.

Checked my Clair Patterson recollection, it's not quite accurate. Clair and Lorna Patterson actually met at college but did subsequently both go on to work on the Manhattan project.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 1:16 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyTue Dec 19, 2017 11:42 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 5:58 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 5:59 pm

A friend recommended Dark on Netflix, anyone seen it?
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 1:42 pm

bitchcraft wrote:
A friend recommended Dark on Netflix, anyone seen it?

I did.
People like to compare it to "Stranger Things", but it's a very different show.
It's darker (occasionally much darker) than the Spielberg/King homage that is "Stranger Things".
It's worth the watch, though I feel like not all of the promise built in the first five episodes is realized in the latter five.
But it's somewhat interesting (though obviously referential) in terms of its writing and it is incredibly well-cast.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Watched S2 of ‘Orange is the New Black’ with my lost niece over the Christmas break. I was surprised by how slick and professional it is; Ep13 could almost be a handbook on how to write an effective season finale. Lorraine Toussaint steals the show.

Does this mean she navigated through her Stepford teen phase? wink
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Salomé wrote:
I did.
People like to compare it to "Stranger Things", but it's a very different show.
It's darker (occasionally much darker) than the Spielberg/King homage that is "Stranger Things".
It's worth the watch, though I feel like not all of the promise built in the first five episodes is realized in the latter five.
But it's somewhat interesting (though obviously referential) in terms of its writing and it is incredibly well-cast.

Thanks, will give it a look thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptySun Jan 28, 2018 2:41 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 10:31 am

It bugs me that all the inmates in Orange - bumpkins and ghetto dwellers alike - seem exceedingly articulate and well-read. Have the writers never met a legitimately dumb person?

Anyway, just started season 5. I found the last couple of seasons a bit stale, but I begrudgingly admit there's still some quality present. I've even gotten used to the masturbatory SJWism oozing from every frame.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 11:16 am

I saw the first episode of "The Alienist".
Somehow I feel like this show is a decade too late.
Serial killer stories need quite a bit of work to not feel dated, no matter the setting.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 11:28 am

x

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 11:47 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
CJB wrote:
It bugs me that all the inmates in Orange - bumpkins and ghetto dwellers alike - seem exceedingly articulate and well-read. Have the writers never met a legitimately dumb person?

Anyway, just started season 5. I found the last couple of seasons a bit stale, but I begrudgingly admit there's still some quality present. I've even gotten used to the masturbatory SJWism oozing from every frame.

You're going to love S5; the inmates take over the prison and form a matriarchy 'safe from the male gaze'.

For some reason I'm reminded of the guy who flashed his junk at a "slut walk" rally in Brazil.

Last television show you watched - Page 31 LkNiK

A face of the purest satisfaction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 31 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next