More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last television show you watched

Go down 
+48
Thunderpussy
silvertoe
Sarai
T.A. Ferguson
Professor Train
Strangways&Quarrel
Bond Fan 90
Gravity's Silhouette
Hilly
SarahN
Dr No
Chief of SIS
Santa
Loomis
Moore
Prisoner Monkeys
00Beast
Control
Fairbairn-Sykes
Toppers
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
lachesis
Makeshift Python
j7wild
FourDot
Harmsway
tiffanywint
dalton
saint mark
Lobelia Overhill
Salomé
HJackson
trevanian
Largo's Shark
Louis Armstrong
colly
bitchcraft
Fae
Jack Wade
Blunt Instrument
Vesper
Mr. Trevelyan
SJK91
G section
Ravenstone
CJB
The White Tuxedo
Prince Kamal Khan
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Last television show you watched - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 12:39 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Last television show you watched - Page 32 EP3YTri

ROTFLMAO
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 7:57 pm

Flashing? How charmingly retro.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyTue Jan 30, 2018 7:54 am

Naturally Breasty Middle Class Girl indeed.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm

For a few months been slogging through my Forsyte Saga boxset. The main reason was Kenneth More, I read the books early last year and reached the end today of the series.

Outside of the series, the best bit are the 1967 programmes shown in the extras. Seeing people debate about Soames and Irene, the language and suggestions but then a clip of some chap from the electricity board or some such showing a graph demonstrating the use of electricity a night when the saga's on and when it's not. The likes of Muggeridge rambling on about the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Professor Train
Cipher Clerk
Professor Train

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 8:13 pm

I've been watching 70s anthology series Armchair Thriller on DVD of late.
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 8:58 am

I have watched the first two episodes of BBC's (and Netflix') new Iliad adaptation, "Troy: Fall of a City".

I can't decide if it's a conscious decision to make some of it so unintentionally funny.

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 11:45 am

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Salomé wrote:
I can't decide if it's a conscious decision to make some of it so unintentionally funny.

Hmmm. If it was conscious then it was intentional. Anyway, looked like the usual rubbish to me. My only thought is that their Helen doesn't seem to have a face that would launch a thousand ships. Maybe a semi-inflated dingy?  

The gold standard for the modern day interpretation of these sandal epics is still HBO's "Rome".
The only thing it seems to have in common with that show, so far, is the nudity.
Which has already led to some thinkpieces of the feminist slant which have criticized the objectification. ROTFLMAO

It's rather an odd coincidence that the of the more recent "Troy" adaptations have cast German actresses as Helen of Troy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 12:51 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 2:23 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Ooops. I meant dinghy. flush

How long has nudity been a contractual matter in the Anglosphere? Must be since the late 1960s at least. I like to think the French have a more relaxed and sensible attitude but may well be deluding myself.

Oh no, they do. The continent in general, I think.
Hence the embarrassing scene of English/American actresses attacking Deneuve for her comments.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 am

Resumption of Season 8's The Walking Dead.

Mortified that they killed off Carl Grimes. That doesn't happen in the comic.

Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:26 am

bitchcraft wrote:
Resumption of Season 8's The Walking Dead.

Mortified that they killed off Carl Grimes. That doesn't happen in the comic.

Online sources claim they did this because the actor in question was up for renewal and they would no longer be able to pay him the same rates he had negotiated as a child actor. So they instead opted to just get rid of the character.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 7:20 pm

I ended up thinking 'Oh HURRY UP and die, you little shit' which is presumably not what they were going for laugh .

Also, the action stuff took place in such dimly-lit circumstances that these middle-aged eyes found it difficult to decipher what was happening. Meh.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 10:26 pm

Salomé wrote:
Online sources claim they did this because the actor in question was up for renewal and they would no longer be able to pay him the same rates he had negotiated as a child actor. So they instead opted to just get rid of the character.

A bad gamble on their part...just as well Gimple is gone angry
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2018 10:00 pm

forget if I've said, but via ITV4 eking my way every so often through Gerry Anderson's The Protectors

Odd little series. Twenty-five minutes doesn't allow for much to build unlike the similar Persuaders. Had they done the Persuaders this way the first episode would've been restrained to the car race to Monaco, a quick punchup, randomly going after the girl and returning. Each Protectors episode is thus constrained. Vaughn is quite engaging, Nyree Dawn Porter beautiful and poor Tony Anholt sporting this weird accent which is meant to be French or Spanish. Vaughn says in his autobio from about 2007 it wasn't the best thing he did nor was it something he thought much of and yet, in spite of the above, it's decent enough filler.

It does boast some good guest stars and some that catch the eye like Margaret Lee.

Last television show you watched - Page 32 Margar10
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 am

I remember this, Hilly ... wow, that's an extraordinarily short per-episode runtime (especially with each one being a self-contained story); I mean, Doctor Who episodes of the era were that length too but they were usually part of a 4+ episode story.

Oh look ... I found a version of its cracking theme tune accompanied by stills of beautiful famous women on YouTube and I'm posting it, like the oppressive patriarchal scumbag I am -

Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 17, 2018 11:37 pm

as much as I like that, do love this video they did a little while ago

though I forgot to say, the title sequence of The Protectors does bear a short clip of From Russia With Love's helicopter pursuit ("I'd say one of their aircraft is missing")
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2018 2:52 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 4:19 pm

x

Last edited by Erica Ambler on Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Resumption of Suits.

Meghan Markle is anti-Trump, hope the Queen tells her to know her role and shut her mouth. sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Salomé
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Salomé

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyMon Apr 02, 2018 6:02 pm

Supposedly Harry and her are going to snub Trump and invite the Obamas to their wedding.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyTue Apr 03, 2018 8:25 am

THE ALIENIST (4.5 out of 5 stars). Read the book twice and the series seemed to be fairly faithful to what I remember. Never heard of Luke Evans prior to the casting of the series, but I was the most impressed with him. Fanning and Bruehl were acceptable, but somehow I felt like I was expecting something different in those roles (never had heard of Bruehl either). If I had any complaint about the series it was that the killer was not as drawn out as I would have expected; he shows up essentially late in the last episode and gets little screen time.

THE TERROR: I've also read this novel back in 2012 and so far the tv series is every bit as gripping as I hoped it would be. Think "Titanic" meets "Alien". It's got a great, all-star cast of British veterans doing period drama as only they can. And Cornelius Hickey appears to be the character everyone is going to love to hate. Definite recommend.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 10:22 am

x

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last television show you watched   Last television show you watched - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last television show you watched
Page 32 of 41Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 41  Next