More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Working on anything?

Go down 
+13
Hilly
General Yuskovich
Murdock
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
Vesper
Tubes
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fairbairn-Sykes
Moore
The White Tuxedo
Harmsway
Control
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Working on anything? Empty
PostSubject: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:29 pm

--

Last edited by Control on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:19 pm

For a while now, I've been working on a screenplay adaptation of G. K. Chesterton's classic novel, THE MAN WHO WAS THURSDAY, re-imagining it as a 1960s spy romp.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Gonna be acting in an indie flick called THE LAST ACT, very small budget. It's fun though, because the director is an actor who knows what he's doing.

And the second season of a webseries called THE BROTHERS BARBARIAN. I did the first season last year.

On THE LAST ACT, the directer isn't the greatest when it comes to the camera, though I've not seen much footage and we're reshooting practically everything. But we've been rehearsing stuff at his house, and he actually knows about good acting. That's a rarity in Louisville. On BARBARIAN, the technical stuff is pretty decent (they had a fucking steady cam), but the acting is shit. Even mine wasn't too good on the last go around because I didn't have a script until right before we shot and I had no idea what the fuck I was supposed to be doing.

http://www.brothersbarbarian.com/

On my own, I'm still working here and there on plotting out my Alternative Prequel Trilogy, just as a big writing exercise.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 1:34 am

I've been writing songs for a few months now for fun. I've been thinking about maybe recording and posting some of them.

I've been into music all my life. Never really thought about writing songs. But this year I had my own apartment and it kind of just started to happen.

It's nice to be able to create something without having to depend on others. I had a horrible time when I tried to do films. Nobody would ever show up.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 7:05 am

I'm in the sound mix section of post-production on my 22min student film. Picture edit was probably the most creatively satisfying part of the process thus far, though. Sound mix is a frustrating affair so far. Not that the sound is bad, the location sound team did a fantastic job, but just trying to convince the sound editor about what needs to go, what needs to stay, what needs to be louder, softer, etc. He keeps wanting to layer tons and tons of unnesecary background noise into the thing, utterly afraid to leave it silent for a while.

What format did you shoot your short on, Brown?
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Digital. I rented a Panasonic HVX 200. It works pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I had my latest rough cut reviewed by a filmmaker who's work is playing at Tribeca this year.

He told me my cinematography is competent, but competency's never won any awards. He also suggested using a DSLR more often. I've got to look into getting a 7D or 5D. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:22 am

I finished writing a script for a feature, which I've handed to my acting coach who has just opened up a production company. He said he was taking it on the plane to Sydney, so hopefully he started reading it.

My agent has sent through a casting brief for a feature in June/July. I needed to audition at home by filming myself answering some questions. I should find out next week if I have been shortlisted for a screen-test!

:)
Back to top Go down
Tubes
Q Branch
Q Branch
Tubes

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
I had my latest rough cut reviewed by a filmmaker who's work is playing at Tribeca this year.

He told me my cinematography is competent, but competency's never won any awards. He also suggested using a DSLR more often. I've got to look into getting a 7D or 5D. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'd save some money now and get a lower end Canon (60D, Rebel T2i or Rebel T3i). The video quality is largely untouched and you can use the saved cash to buy a nice lens and a big SD card.

Just don't go overboard with the shallow DOF.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:08 am

Old thread, but it's worth bring back I suppose. Anybody working on any new film stuff?

I used to do a lot of film stuff a few years back, but kind of drifted away from it. There was one short 5-15 minute idea I always wanted to write and have filmed but never got around to it for lack of proper equipment/cast.

I've been knocking the idea around again and am probably going to start writing the script for it soon. It will never be filmed because I just don't have the equipment or man power needed, but it's a start to get back into it I suppose.

How about everyone else? Any new projects?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:27 am

Currently working on the fourth draft of my feature script, after getting another scriptwriter to read over the third draft. He liked it, and wants to see it made, which is a good sign, but provided 6 pages of comprehensive notes with different things to consider - some which made the 4th draft.

Acting progress is in the Actor's Thread.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 1:08 pm

I have some half-done stuff. I'm working on turning what was supposed to be a short into a full feature script but at the same time I'm toying with changing the setting because some sequences came to me in my head that wouldn't work in a contemporary setting.

I'm also toying with taking a stab at writing a biopic of a certain actor, doing a bit of reading on them, because while they've had a lot of films/works written about them, none seem as good to me as the story I see in there.

And I'm thinking about taking a stab at playwriting.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 pm

Yesterday was a lot of fun. I worked on a project for a 48-hour film festival. The director suggested the idea of doing it all in one, continuous Steadicam shot (he owns one). He asked if anyone could think of any possible reasons why we shouldn't do it that way before moving ahead with the idea, and I said it was like holding a red flag to a bull, and that if we didn't try it we'd never be able to make a very enthusistic film otherwise. So we did it in one shot. Kinda. We shot some news coverage tying into the story that the main character sees on TV. I played a news reporter in that, and I show up at her door shortly after. It was a lot of fun. We did about 10 takes, and they went a lot better than I had expected. We only ran into a few problems because everyone seemed to know what they were doing. We got a usable one, but then the main actress and the director elected to try for "one more because we have one in the can". I was glad and predicted (to myself) that it would be the best one because there was no pressure. It turned out I was right, and it's the one we're using. Hopefully it will be online. It turned out well.

Funny, I play "Charlie Kane". In the other movie I'm in I play a guy named "Charles Foster Kane".

I also got in a TWIN PEAKS reference as I say, "And now back to 'Invitation to Love'". It got cut, but another actor picked it up and referenced it. I had wanted to name my character Donald Quincy Jones. That got vetoed in favor of Charlie Kane.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:08 am

How long was it supposed to run that they were considering doing it as one steadicam shot?
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 1:15 am

It had to be over 4 minutes and under 7, excluding credits. I think we clocked in at just under 7.

I think there are 6 or 7 speaking roles and some extras, and it goes outside and inside twice. And it has a TV news report playing at the right time.

Best line is" Uncle Vern got probed." I did not speak it.
Back to top Go down
Moore
Q Branch
Q Branch
Moore

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:01 am

Been in the mood to do something creative, but not much going on in the area. Was thinking abut an audio drama. I did a Bond one a few years ago, maybe another? Just feel the need to write.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:22 am

The movie I was in has a trailer.

Ugh, I hate my voice. I've been told my throat is tense. I hope I can improve my voice over time.

Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:00 am

Not an actor, but how much control do you have over your voice? I can speak deeper or higher, project, refine my pronunciation or broaden it to adjust for whomever I'm conversing with pretty easily. Either by speaking from lower or higher in my throat, or controlling how much I move my mouth. Maybe get a recorder and just experiment talking to yourself and seeing how to create variations in pitch and pronunciation?

Or google voice exercises?

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Do what Richard Burton did. Drive around Kentucky till you find some hills and wilderness, and spend your time there shouting like a madman and reciting lines. Use the full stretch of your voice.

If that doesn't work, you could try elocution lessons.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 am

Get a voice coach.

Or just deal with the voice you have. To me, there isn't anything wrong with your voice. I can't stand my own, but even if you get a voice coach or do what LS said, your voice is still yours. The quicker you become more comfortable with it, the quicker you'll be able to provide honest performances because you aren't restricted by self-consciousness.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 5:01 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Do what Richard Burton did. Drive around Kentucky till you find some hills and wilderness, and spend your time there shouting like a madman and reciting lines. Use the full stretch of your voice.

If that doesn't work, you could try elocution lessons.

I could do like Burton and drink.

Went to a screening of the movie tonight, along with a dozen other short films. I liked four of the movies, including the one I worked on. Though the other three were better because the one I was in didn't have the best actors, save for me. laugh Not that it's my shining moment.

I was genuinely surprised that any of them were any good. Some were horrendous, a few actually well-produced. Two had actual good actors. All in all, there seems to be more of a film presense in Louisville than I had thought. There are a few legit indie peeps around, and this: http://www.cityonahillproductions.com I auditioned for a couple of their projects through my agent, but I dunno if I'd wanna be in some evangelical movie. Pity they seem to have some of the best equipment in the area.

Still, I can't wait to get the fuck out of this town. Once my mom's house sells, I'm OUT.

FieldsMan wrote:
Get a voice coach.

Or just deal with the voice you have. To me, there isn't anything wrong with your voice. I can't stand my own, but even if you get a voice coach or do what LS said, your voice is still yours. The quicker you become more comfortable with it, the quicker you'll be able to provide honest performances because you aren't restricted by self-consciousness.

Yeah, but I do feel like my voice sounds tense. I do plan to find some kind of voice class. I know I could find one in Louisville. A good acting class in Louisville? Next to impossible. I'm lucky to be working with a guy who actually studied method acting and knows quite a good deal about it. I don't apply the term "method actor" to myself, but it's essentially what I'm after in terms of naturalistic acting. Most of what I encounter here are people who have a very stagy, old-fashioned style of acting that doesn't interest me in the slightest. Shit they learned at some poduck college somewhere. Actually most of what I see is flat-out bad acting. laugh

There are a few decent things happening in Louisville, but not enough to keep me here. I'd rather shoot myself.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:27 pm

The movie we did: http://vimeo.com/46523696
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 10:58 pm

The audio's fine, but the video's running in slow motion for me.
Back to top Go down
Vesper
Head of Station
Head of Station
Vesper

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:58 am

What have you been working on lately Control? If you're at liberty to discuss.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 am

I've got two short films entered into the Calgary International Film Festival, which runs in September.

The first is called THE RACER, I produced it, and my usual cinematographer Dan Crittenden directed in his directing debut from a script by Jackie Nicolls. It's a sort've retro-throwback racing movie (GRAND PRIX is one of Dan's favourites) about a young small-town racer who grows up around cars at the local track and becomes a promising could-be star. His best friend is the son of the track owner, who eventually sells the track to corporate interests and dies soon after. The friend views the racer's decision to compete at the corporately owned track as a betrayal, but the young racer sees it as an opportunity to win sponsors.
The movie came about because Race City, the local track in Calgary, was being closed down by the City and Dan felt it was his only shot to make a racing movie. We shot it in 2011 and then it had a long post period because we all became busy on other things.

The other is called SAMAPTI, and it's an international co-production with India that I directed and produced.  A young Calgarian man's husband dies of leukemia and he decides to return his ashes to the family in India, whom he has never met. He had always assumed the family disowned the husband out of homophobia, but when he arrives in Mumbai he learns the situation is much more complicated, and must re-evaluate the image he had of his husband, while the family tries to deal with recent events. They all struggle with notions of identity and family in order to come together and honour their deceased loved one. We shot in Calgary and Mumbai earlier this year and it was a real adventure getting the flick made, so I'm hoping it does well.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working on anything?   Working on anything? Empty

Back to top Go down

Working on anything?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next