More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him Empty
PostSubject: London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him   London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:10 pm

Quote :
Man Reveals Alleged Racist Abuse By Police

A man arrested a day after the London riots has claimed police officers racially abused him so badly that he felt "humiliated" and powerless in what was "the worst experience" of his life.

The 21-year-old, from Beckton, east London, allegedly recorded abusive comments made by a group of Metropolitan Police officers on his mobile phone as he was taken into custody.

Following complaints from the unidentified suspect's lawyer, an officer has been suspended and an initial decision not to charge the policeman and two others is being reviewed by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) .

The man claimed the officers used racial slurs and swear words, called his mother a "whore" and verbally threatened him with death.

He told journalists: "They abused me really badly. I felt like an animal, I felt humiliated. It was the worst experience in my life.

"They were saying I was going to be dead soon.

"Words can't describe how it feels to have all those people against you and it's not in your hands to do anything."

He added: "The effect of the words were degrading and the most horrible words you could ever hear, especially when they were from someone who is supposed to be protecting the community."

The Guardian reported that the now-suspended officer can be heard in the recording telling the man: "The problem with you is you will always be a n*****, yeah? That's your problem, yeah.

"You'll always have black skin colour. Don't hide behind your colour, yeah. Be proud. Be proud of who you are, yeah. Don't hide behind your black skin."

Grace Ononiwu, deputy chief crown prosecutor for the CPS in London, said: "Lawyers for the complainant have written to the CPS and asked us to review our decision.

"I have considered the matter personally and directed that all of the evidence should be reconsidered and a fresh decision taken by a senior lawyer with no previous involvement in this matter."

Another officer is also allegedly heard on the recording swearing at the man - who has not been named - and admitting to strangling him.

Shortly before the recording ends, the man can be heard saying: "I get this all the time," and telling the officer: "Make sure you do a lot with your sixty grand, 'cos you're not going to get it no more, bruv.

He then tells the officer: "We'll definitely speak again about this. It's gonna go all the way, it's gonna go all the way - remember."

A Scotland Yard spokesman said the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) was investigating.

"We can confirm that the Metropolitan Police Service received a complaint alleging a man arrested on August 11, 2011 was subjected to discriminatory behaviour (racial remarks); assault and oppressive conduct/or harassment," he said.

"These are serious allegations; any use of racist language or excessive use of force is not acceptable. Following the alleged incident, three officers were the subject of a misconduct investigation."

Keith Vaz, chairman of the Commons Home Affairs Committee, said he was "deeply concerned" at the way the case was handled after the CPS originally decided not to bring charges.

He said: "What I have heard suggests that lessons of the past have not been learned.

"If we are to have a police force that is trusted by its public, it has to be trusted by all people irrespective of their race.

"There must be zero tolerance towards the type of behaviour alleged in this case, not just by the perpetrator but also anyone who observes racist behaviour and does not stop it.

"This is not just a matter of potential criminality, this is a matter of standards and ethics."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/met-suspend-policeman-over-racism-tape-claims-024828267.html
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him   London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him   London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 3:04 am

Sharky wrote:

"You'll always have black skin colour. Don't hide behind your colour, yeah. Be proud. Be proud of who you are, yeah. Don't hide behind your black skin."

He's encouraging him to be proud of his heritage. The officer should be getting some kind of commendation for services to multiculturalism.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him   London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:04 am

I guess he got dark justice....wait, did I say dark? That's racist...I'm giving myself a black mark for that...wait, did I say black?

London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him Sw50sw8sw578

But seriously...if he was rioting, should I feel sorry for him that he was on the receiving end of some slurs? If he was rioting he's a fucking animal regardless of his race. Just like those big nasty Eurotrash bullies who were caught robbing a kid by pulling a cam out of his schoolbag while he was dazed and sitting on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him   London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him Empty

Back to top Go down

London rioter claims Met Police "racially abused" him
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: