More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords  Empty
PostSubject: Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords    Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords  EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 7:33 am

Some employers have been asking prospective employees for the Facebook account user name and password so they can go snooping to determine what kind of person the potential employee is.

If an employer asked me that at the Job Interview and threaten to not give me a job or consider me for the job because I refuse to give them my Facebook log in password, I will be suing them all the way to the US Supreme Court!

Companies like SEARS are doing that; of course, who wants to work for those fucking LOSERS?

http://personalliberty.com/2012/03/26/facebook-says-employers-cant-ask-for-passwords/

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/03/23/facebook-tells-employers-it-cant-ask-for-passwords/

I would tell them I want the Facebook user name and password for every supervisor and manager at that company so I can see what kind of company culture they have and how they treat their employees and what they say about their employees behind their back!!

An employer cannot even ask you if you are single or married during the interview process due to privacy issue; this falls under privacy issue, they cannot ask you for your Facebook user ID and password and in the Facebook user agreement, it does say you agree not to ever give out your user ID and password!!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords    Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords  EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:02 pm

How a person behaves on the Internet shouldn't be the measuring tape for how they will turn out as an employee. I'm sure there are plenty of deviants on the Web who are perfectly fine at their day job.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords    Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords  EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:18 pm

j7wild wrote:
An employer cannot even ask you if you are single or married during the interview process due to privacy issue; this falls under privacy issue

Is that true in your part of the world? On every application form I've ever filled, or even visa application, there was a field that asked marital status...personally I didn't find that to be obtrusive.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords    Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords  EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:36 am

yes, an employer cannot ask on a job application and during your interview: if you are married, single, how many children do you have, what is your religion, your gender, if you drink or smoke, your health, height, weight, how long you been in the USA, what is your original nationality, your race, if you are pregnant, how far do you live from work, are you disable, etc etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords    Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords  Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook Says Employers Can’t Ask For Passwords
Page 1 of 1