More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up Empty
PostSubject: Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up   Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 8:56 pm

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/04/megaupload-trial-may-never-happen-because-the-fbi-apparently-doesnt-understand-extradition-rules/

Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up Kim-dotcom1-300x219

The U.S. government seems to be losing ground quickly in the PR war surrounding the case against Megaupload, the massive file-sharing site, and the company’s leader, Kim Dotcom. Just over a week ago, we learned that Quinn Emmanuel had signed on as the company’s defense team; the firm hit the ground running with a brief calling B.S. on one of the government’s objections.

And on Friday evening, news broke that the FBI may have again screwed the Megaupload pooch. The potential procedural goof was apparently severe enough that a federal judge wondered aloud if it might have killed the case…

t turns out that the US judge handling the case has serious doubts whether it will ever go to trial due to a procedural error.

“I frankly don’t know that we are ever going to have a trial in this matter,” Judge [Liam] O’Grady said as reported by the NZ Herald.

Judge O’Grady informed the FBI that Megaupload was never served with criminal charges, which is a requirement to start the trial. The origin of this problem is not merely a matter of oversight. Megaupload’s lawyer Ira Rothken says that unlike people, companies can’t be served outside US jurisdiction.

“My understanding as to why they haven’t done that is because they can’t. We don’t believe Megaupload can be served in a criminal matter because it is not located within the jurisdiction of the United States,” Rothken says.

Megaupload’s lawyer adds that he doesn’t understand why the US authorities weren’t aware of this problem before. As a result Judge O’Grady noted that Megaupload is “kind of hanging out there.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up   Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:18 am

Idiots.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/

Megaupload Trial May Never Happen cuz FBI may have messed up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: News & Current Affairs-
Jump to: