More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0

Go down 
+33
G section
hegottheboot
Ravenstone
bondfan06
GeneralGogol
Perilagu Khan
Drax
trevanian
j7wild
Jack Wade
Prince Kamal Khan
saint mark
Prisoner Monkeys
bitchcraft
Tubes
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
tiffanywint
lachesis
HJackson
CJB
Loomis
Fairbairn-Sykes
Fort Knox
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
The White Tuxedo
Makeshift Python
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
dr. strangelove
Hilly
Blunt Instrument
Manhunter
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lachesis
Head of Station
Head of Station
lachesis

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm

HJackson wrote:
BASIC INSTINCT

Deserves better than to be known simply as the film where Sharon Stone shows her minge (the scene works well in 1080p though). Good twists and turns, very well shot, Michael Douglas on top form. I enjoyed it a great deal - it's like a classic Hollywood noir but with tits and fanny.

Agreed its dismissed too readily based on that one scene, the perfomances are all good, it keeps an air of intrigue throughout, there is some beautiful cinematography going on and of course that deliciously perverse score from Goldsmith really brings it all together.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Harmsway wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:
And why do you say CABIN was too clever, Harms? It seemed like 90% of the people in my theater didn't get it at all.
Its conceit prohibits the audience from legitimately investing in the unfolding events. We get a funny concept that delivers a number of decent laughs, but ultimately prohibits any emotional investment on the part of the audience.

I see what you're saying, and the same thing occurred to me, but really...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:22 am

TOKYO STORY. An elegy for a vanished Japan that perhaps never really existed in the first place, Ozu's masterpiece also concerns itself with universal and timeless themes of familial dysfunction, loss and growing old, and it still packs one heck of an emotional punch six decades on (and now in a surprisingly crisp Blu-ray transfer). A sort of minimalist epic (it clocks in at well over two hours), and in some ways perhaps more novelistic than cinematic (which is certainly no bad thing, given the material), it's elegantly directed, supremely well-acted, beautifully shot and scored, and unquestionably one of the best films ever made.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:09 am

Loomis wrote:
THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (1956 - snap, Hilly). Fearfully overextended (c'mon, what purpose does the visit to the taxidermists serve?) but more than watchable, thanks largely to James Stewart and Doris Day - this is a Hitchcock film in which, for once, the director somewhat disappointingly doesn't appear to be the "star". Liked the leisurely-but-nonetheless-suspenseful first half hour or so rather better than the rest of it.
Always been one of my least favorite Hitchcock flicks. It's okay, but it not as witty or as stylistically impressive as many of Hitchcock's other works.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:42 am

Can anyone that saw the new Cabin movie, use some spoiler tags and spoil it for me, if you don't mind. I mean completely spoil it. I do like knowing everything I can about a movie before I see it, especially movies with surprise twists and stuff.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:45 am

The black guy dies first.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:55 am

lachesis wrote:
Agreed its dismissed too readily based on that one scene, the perfomances are all good, it keeps an air of intrigue throughout, there is some beautiful cinematography going on and of course that deliciously perverse score from Goldsmith really brings it all together.
Agreed, especially on the score which I forgot to mention. Even the infamous interogation scene is well put together - solid editing work, interesting lighting and set design.

Loomis wrote:
TOKYO STORY. An elegy for a vanished Japan that perhaps never really existed in the first place, Ozu's masterpiece also concerns itself with universal and timeless themes of familial dysfunction, loss and growing old, and it still packs one heck of an emotional punch six decades on (and now in a surprisingly crisp Blu-ray transfer). A sort of minimalist epic (it clocks in at well over two hours), and in some ways perhaps more novelistic than cinematic (which is certainly no bad thing, given the material), it's elegantly directed, supremely well-acted, beautifully shot and scored, and unquestionably one of the best films ever made.
I find Ozu a little difficult, but TOKYO STORY is the closest I've come to loving him (sans the ending of LATE SPRING which, although I don't really understand the work as a whole, is probably the most beautiful moment I've ever seen in a film). Ultimately I think McCarey's treatment of a similar story in MAKE WAY FOR TOMORROW works better, but part of that may just be native tongue advantage. I certainly need to put in more hours before I dismiss a giant like Ozu.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 8:57 am

CJB wrote:
The black guy dies first.

Thanks! laugh Anybody that has sex or acts like a horndog is sure to go too!

I want to know what the big surprise and twist is before I go see it.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 12:51 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Can anyone that saw the new Cabin movie, use some spoiler tags and spoil it for me, if you don't mind. I mean completely spoil it. I do like knowing everything I can about a movie before I see it, especially movies with surprise twists and stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cabin_in_the_Woods

There you go, Tiff.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:06 pm

A DANGEROUS METHOD (2011, dir. David Cronenberg)

Flimsy.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:

There you go, Tiff.

Thanks Blunt! I saw it tonight. What a waste of money. I actually saw it without reading spoilers, but wasn't surprised in the slightest. There's no twist. It's just a slow build to a rather-not-very-surprising conclusion.

Cabin is Joss Whedon re-visiting Buffy and Angel, but this time on big-screen steroids, yet minus either Buffy or Angel. Not even Spike. Ho Hum.

I want my money back. I've been burned twice in a row now. First by Hunger Games and then this garbage. I'm not sure which movie was worse.

The blonde in Cabin at least had way more appeal than any of the femmes in Hunger Games, so Cabin gets the nod for better blonde ambition.

Still Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 1547689115 ,

here's the blonde btw: Anna Hutchison, from New Zealand

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 Safe_image.php?d=AQAD7RC8YTfg6JNk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FBQln4_uQxSE%2Fhqdefault

and when not screaming in dumb horror films

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 Anna-hutchison
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 6:59 am

Prime Cut (1972)

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 500full
"Delicious."
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 10:26 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:

There you go, Tiff.

Thanks Blunt! I saw it tonight. What a waste of money. I actually saw it without reading spoilers, but wasn't surprised in the slightest. There's no twist. It's just a slow build to a rather-not-very-surprising conclusion.

Cabin is Joss Whedon re-visiting Buffy and Angel, but this time on big-screen steroids, yet minus either Buffy or Angel. Not even Spike. Ho Hum.

I want my money back. I've been burned twice in a row now. First by Hunger Games and then this garbage. I'm not sure which movie was worse.

The blonde in Cabin at least had way more appeal than any of the femmes in Hunger Games, so Cabin gets the nod for better blonde ambition.

Still Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 1547689115 ,

here's the blonde btw: Anna Hutchison, from New Zealand

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 Safe_image.php?d=AQAD7RC8YTfg6JNk&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi3.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FBQln4_uQxSE%2Fhqdefault

and when not screaming in dumb horror films

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 Anna-hutchison

I think I might need to see it again ... the BARRAGE of gore towards the end coming after the up-to-then relatively restrained amount for modern horror and the 'reveal' as to what the whole set-up is actually for kinda threw me for a loop first time round.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 5:19 pm

THE ITALIAN JOB (1969)

It drags on a bit in some areas, but makes up for it with an exciting finale.

Always fun, though.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Prime Cut (1972)

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 500full
"Delicious."

A wonderfully odd flick. :)
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Titanic (1996)

dastardly stupid, ineffective, bewilderingly dense film/miniseries. Dodgy CGI, liberal use of facts and the night itself. For one Thomas Andrews is MIA. Acting so bad it blushes, most if not all the 'British' characters sound variations of Dick Van Dyke's "Bert" accent from Mary Poppins. Not even George C Scott as the hindsight enabled Captain Smith helps. Not even cleavage sporting Marilu Henner as Molly Brown (MH a woman who can float my lifeboat most hours) helps.

Red bold font and excalmation points.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:47 am

Hilly wrote:
Titanic (1996)
... Dodgy CGI.

Thought you were talking about Cameron's version for a sec. The CGI in that one does indeed look Nintendo 64-ish to contemporary eyes - and that was circa 2006 when I last saw it.

And yet the original Star Wars flicks, with their miniatures and whatnot, remain terrific in appearance. Just goes to show that heavy CGI has a very short shelf life.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:27 am

I wish they had combined TITATIC with JURASSIC PARK. TITANIC PARK.
Back to top Go down
Loomis
Head of Station
Head of Station
Loomis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 2:28 am

STILL WALKING. Tender, touching and often blackly funny, Hirokazu Koreeda's fly-on-the-wall family drama carries obvious echoes of Ozu and Mike Leigh, yet still feels fresh and is utterly captivating from beginning to end. Superbly directed and acted, this is a wonderful, universal and probably timeless film that may well go down as one of the classics of the past decade (along with the same director's NOBODY KNOWS).
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:46 am

SCREAM 4

*fart*

Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:53 am

Mr. Brown wrote:
SCREAM 4

*fart*

I'm guessing Hayden Panettiere is killed off in the first five minutes?

I'd like to ***** **** ***** her.

I never decided what to watch tonight. Hate when that happens.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 4:56 am

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Mr. Brown wrote:
SCREAM 4

*fart*

I'm guessing Hayden Panettiere is killed off in the first five minutes?

I'd like to ***** **** ***** her.

She dies eventually. And we never get to see her tits, either.

I know that's a spoiler, but none of you should waste your time watching this piece of shit anyway.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:00 am

I'm sure many of you of this site: http://www.cinemorgue.com/
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 am

Gary Busey: The Magnificent Seven Ride! (1972) [Hank Allan]: Shot to death by Lee Van Cleef.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:27 am

http://www.cinemorgue2.com/chucknorris.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Watched? 6.0   Last Movie You Watched? 6.0 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Watched? 6.0
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next