More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Are you using "cloud" storage?

Go down 
5 posters

What cloud storage service do you use?
Amazon Cloud Drive
Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_lcap0%Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dropbox
Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_lcap0%Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Google Drive
Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_lcap50%Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
iCloud
Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_lcap50%Are you using "cloud" storage? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Microsoft SkyDrive
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Are you using "cloud" storage? Empty
PostSubject: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:06 pm

If so, what do you use?

I just signed up for Google Drive today. I may start storing my documents on it from now on, so I don't lose anything in case my laptop crashes. I lost a lot of essays and reviews in my last PC crash.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:10 pm

No to all.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Head of Station
Head of Station
j7wild

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:45 pm

No!

I don't want them (and the gov't) to see what files I have, and then go the way of Megaupload and end up losing all my files.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyThu May 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Sharky wrote:
No to all.

Same here....I prefer to use my own back-ups....portable hard-drives, cd-rs, flash-drives etc. I might also email myself important attachments so they're backed up in gmail, hotmail and yahoo.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyFri May 11, 2012 7:45 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Sharky wrote:
No to all.

Same here....I prefer to use my own back-ups....portable hard-drives, cd-rs, flash-drives etc. I might also email myself important attachments so they're backed up in gmail, hotmail and yahoo.

This.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:32 am

I moved everything to iCloud a few months ago and, a few glitches apart, it's changed the way I work.

Being able to write and edit documents wherever I am and pick up the files on different machines is eyeopening but there can be drawbacks. For instance, there's still no WiFi in some places I visit, obviously a problem if the files aren't stored on your laptop. iCloud has also tied me into the Apple closed system even more, which is something I wonder about occasionally. Great for calendars and TDLs though.

I still haven't uploaded my music and photos though it might make sense than constantly buying portable storage.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 1:51 am

I'm using Google Play for my music.

You can store 20,000 songs for free and any music purchase from Google doesn't count against your storage capacity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you using "cloud" storage?   Are you using "cloud" storage? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you using "cloud" storage?
Page 1 of 1