More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What you'd like to see in Bond 24.

Go down 
+13
Walecs
Blunt Instrument
Perilagu Khan
lachesis
j7wild
bitchcraft
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Louis Armstrong
Largo's Shark
Control
Makeshift Python
Prisoner Monkeys
MBalje
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 pm

A pre-title that involves something in the air...with real stunts in the air...

They can afford a bigger budget next time.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 12:45 am

Bond smoking a cigarette.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:10 am

The main Bond girl surviving and making out with Bond before the end credits roll.
Back to top Go down
Fae
Q Branch
Q Branch
Fae

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:47 am

GeneralGogol wrote:
The main Bond girl surviving and making out with Bond before the end credits roll.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CartwrightCurse
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:23 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Blunt Instrument wrote:
Maybe this is a bit daft, but I've wanted to see a snowmobile chase for a while now - but across terrain that is equal parts snowy/icy and water. And the thing is, Q has issued Bond with a snowmobile that becomes a jetski at the flick of a switch (I could be wrong, but the 2 seem like fairly similar vehicles to me and the technology seems maybe feasible).

Yeah, I think you and me have commented several times before on the desire for a good snow mobile chase. I don't think we've really ever had one. Bond was pursued by the Russians on a snowmobile in AVTAK, but it wasn't him on a snowmobile being chased by others on a snowmobile.

Yeah, AVTAK's is aged Rog sat on a snowmobile in the studio (when it isn't the on-location stuntman) against back-projected snowy wastes vs. a helicopter. And the California Girls 'gag' ... ugh.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I'm reading a book right now called SCARECROW by Matthew Reilly that reminds me of NLF, and it made me wish EON would pick up this story and develop it. The idea of Bond being the target of a game of international bounty hunters is intriguing. Incidentally, this book I'm reading, SCARECROW, has some massive action sequences that would be really interesting in a Bond film.
Ah, Scarecrow. It certainly has some ambitious action sequences, but it's a very tiring book.

Spoiler:

Reilly does go bonkers at times. I'm assuming you have read some of his other stuff? If not, I strongly recommend you check out Temple and Ice Station, though you should probably skip the Jack West trilogy (Seven Ancient Wonders was decent, but The Six Sacred Stones and The Five Greatest Warriors sucked).

SCARECROW is my first Matthew Reilly novel. And yes, the book can be exhausting at times. I've just wrapped up the ambulance chase.

Quite honestly, I don't really like READING ABOUT ACTION sequences as much as I like looking at action sequences. So in that respect, Reilly wears down the reader with very imaginative, but mind-bogglingly long action. I'd like to read more about spying and espionage and political maneuvering. But I will continue on.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 pm

Well, Scarecrow was the first book in what he called "Reilly 2.0", with the idea being that it was wall-to-wall action with the characters trying to figure everything out as they went. It was ambitious, sure, but the end result was poorly-received among fans. Action sequences that should have been mind-blowing were drowned out by other actions sequences that should have been mind-blowing themselves.

Don't let it out you off, though. If you're in the right frame of mind, Scarecrow is worth reading just for the sheer scale and insanity of some of the stuff that gets done. Some of Reilly's early stuff is really, really good, particularly Temple and Ice Station. Both have plenty of action, but both also know when to slow down and take a breath.

I wonder ... one of Reilly's strengths is his ability to put ambitious action sequences on the page, and they're usually paced very well. There's a forty-page hovercraft chase in Ice Station that flows so well that it feels like four pages. He does need to learn to show some restraint, but I wonder if EON could use him to conceptualise an action sequence or two for BOND 24. Early last year, Top Gear explored the world of film-making and shot a car chase for a remake of THE SWEENEY. They were idiots about it, of course, but when you cut out the mucking around, there was enough content to form a solid car chase, and they said they had been approached to come up with a car chase through the streets of Moscow for A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD. So it's not unheard of to get someone to do something like that. Perhaps if EON approached Reilly and gave him the core elements of an action scene, it would work really well. SKYFALL's pre-titles very much reminded me of Reilly's work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you'd like to see in Bond 24.   What you'd like to see in Bond 24. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you'd like to see in Bond 24.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2