More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

B&B Banner/Theme

Go down 
+29
saint mark
Big Boss
AMC Hornet
lachesis
6of1
Moore
Vesper
j7wild
Toppers
tiffanywint
James Bond
Lazenby.
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Louis Armstrong
The White Tuxedo
Hilly
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
Harmsway
Largo's Shark
Fairbairn-Sykes
Perilagu Khan
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Fort Knox
CJB
Makeshift Python
Control
bitchcraft
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

What banner design do you prefer?
Louis Armstrong and Sharky's pop art design (Bowie, Connery, Hendricks and Hitchcock)
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Vote_lcap80%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Skyfall's gunbarrel
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Vote_lcap20%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Neither
B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Vote_lcap0%B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 2:12 pm

B&B has gone Sasha Grey.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 5:42 pm

What's the point? Is this really supposed to stir up more discussion other than in here? I really liked that banner. If it needed any kind of reworking, I can understand replacing Connery with Craig so that it would have one foot in the 20th century and the other in the 21st. I do agree having all four images being a representation of 40-50 years ago was an oversight.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:39 pm

I do like the new font, though.
Back to top Go down
Santa
Q Branch
Q Branch
Santa

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:05 pm

I liked the last look but this was a pleasant surprise too, and I agree on the font. Very pretty.
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 10:33 pm

As everyone knows, I loved the previous banner in itself, but the headache of full forum colour co-ordination became just one more hanging piece of uncertainty in a forum which has had plenty of that already over the last year. Our agreement not to change the name of the forum left us really stuck between two stools. We don't want to just be a part-culture forum or just a part-Bond forum, because that leaves a fuller fix of either available elsewhere. To be the best culture forum, we'd be restricted by our remaining Bond emphasis because not everyone out there loves Bond. And as a Bond forum, we'd be encouraging hardcore Bond fans to go elsewhere if Bond is only a small part of the banner and/or emphasis. Some certainty and firming of our identity was needed, hence the decision to fully embrace our Bond affiliation and present it with as contemporary, simple yet dynamic a banner as possible. The big Bond moment is that iconic gunbarrel appearing, aiming right at you, drawing you in. Rather than simply recycling our classic six-gun salute banner of yesteryear, it felt more progressive to use the very latest gunbarrel instead, with the size taking into account the use of the forums via mobile devices. I'll regretfully be standing down as Admin soon, which was another big reason in trying to plant a firm identity, consistency, concision and professionalism to the front page here. The posts now need to become the star of the show here, and I can only hope that this aspect of our forums can grow in a positive way. We stand more chance of becoming the best Bond forum than we do of becoming the best of anything else.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:14 am

Typeface looks like hell. Might just be the laptop I'm working off from, though.

I like the banner, though.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:50 pm

I hate the current banner. I don't need to be reminded of how dodgy SF's CGI gunbarrel looked, but more than anything it comes off as half-arsed. While the previous banner was more focused on Beyond than Bond and might have been difficult to find a matching layout, it was a labour of love. Weeks and weeks were put in that design. The current one looks like it took all but 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:13 pm

Agreed, it was the best banner we had in awhile and well reflected the whole point of this forum. The only thing I would have changed would be to replace Connery with Craig, maybe even Bowie too just to not give the impression that we're some retro site longing for the 50s-70s days.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 am

I miss Miss Hendricks.
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Poll added.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 6:48 pm

The previous banner will be reinstated on Monday. In the meantime...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B&B Banner/Theme   B&B Banner/Theme - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

B&B Banner/Theme
Page 18 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18