These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Cannes 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Cannes 2012   Sat May 19, 2012 2:35 am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/how-to-walk-the-red-carpet-like-bill-murray
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sat May 19, 2012 4:01 am

Got to love limousine liberals like Sean Penn and Paul Haggis, who show up at Cannes only to denounce the whole event and the media who are covering it. And no, poverty is the not the problem in Haiti. Haitians are the problem in Haiti.

Cannes 2012: Sean Penn Blasts the Media and His Fellow Celebrities for 'Abandoning' Haiti

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/sean-penn-haiti-cannes-326616

Before taking part in a black-tie fundraiser, the actor and activist urges President Obama to meet with Haiti's newly-elected president.

Sean Penn may have come to Cannes to take part in a glitzy fund-raising dinner to benefit the victims of the Haitian earthquake, but before heading to the black-tie event, he took time out to blast the media and his fellow celebrities for their fading commitment to the cause.

"It's not only celebrities who went for a day," Penn said at a Friday press conference. "It's the whole f---ing world. It's all of you."

He continued, “The reason we have Haiti fatigue is because there was never a commitment in the first place.”
Penn was joined by writer/director Paul Haggis and Czech model Petra Nemcova, who, like him, both have relief organizations working in Haiti. Their three groups – Penn’’s J/P Haitian Relief Organization, Haggis’ Artists for Peace and Justice and Nemcova’s Happy Hearts Foundation – are to receive the proceeds from the dinner that Giorgio Armani is presenting with co-sponsor Chopard on Friday night at the Festival Agora.

Haggis had been working in Haiti before the 2010 earthquake. “The central problem in Haiti is poverty,” Penn said, hailing Haggis for his efforts. Haggis returned the compliment, saying Penn is a “hero.”
Penn also said that it is time for President Obama to meet Haiti’s newly-elected president Michel Joseph Martelly.

”It is time for our formidable and elegant president to stand by side with the new president of Haiti,” Penn said.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sat May 19, 2012 4:45 am

Sean Penn wrote:
”It is time for our formidable and elegant president..."

Huh? laugh
Back to top Go down
G section
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sat May 19, 2012 5:57 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:

Haggis had been working in Haiti before the 2010 earthquake. “The central problem in Haiti is poverty,” Penn said, hailing Haggis for his efforts. Haggis returned the compliment, saying Penn is a “hero.”

I could have told you that without the need to have 'worked' in Haiti before the 2010 earthquake.

I'll be interested to hear what this tool thinks when Argentina carry out their threat of ethnically cleansing the Falklands.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 am

Penn's a great actor. Wish he'd dedicate more time to that.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sat May 19, 2012 10:02 pm

I see the festival's organizers have been brow-beaten into hosting a charity event for Haiti. Just what the poor people of Haiti need: rich people thousands of miles away partying on the French Rivieria in order to raise money. Oh the sacrifices these movies stars make!!

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/sean-penn-explodes-cannes-whole-f-ing-world-abandoned-haiti-40571

".....Penn was at a news conference with Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova and film director Paul Haggis, each of whom have non-profit organizations working in Haiti. They are joining forces with the Cannes Film Festival at a benefit for Haiti on Friday night.

For his part, Haggis hailed Penn as an "honest to God hero" for using his celebrity to address suffering in Haiti.

The Cannes Festival announced just last week that they would officially support a fundraiser for Haiti during the festival, an unusual event since it is not related to any film.

The Carnival in Cannes will be a star-studded event, with Ben Stiller, Gerard Butler, David Schwimmer, Hayley Atwell, Jada Pinkett Smith, Jason Clarke expected to attend.

Festival director Thierry Fremaux offered to support Sean Penn’s Haitian Relief Organization, Paul Haggis’ Artists for Peace and Justice and Petra Nemcova’s Happy Heart’s Fund
."
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sun May 20, 2012 1:40 am

I'm really not against celebrities having these fundraisers and stuff. I mean, whatever helps people in need. People getting help is what matters. Though I'm dubious on some star walking around a war zone or disaster area. But movie stars are people too. tongue I'm sure some of them are actually concerned.
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 am

Sharky wrote:
Sean Penn wrote:
”It is time for our formidable and elegant president..."

Huh? laugh

He surely means his precious Kirchner.

Can't really stand his acting either but then I don't go out of my way to watch a film for Penn.

Back to top Go down
Louis Armstrong

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   Sun May 20, 2012 12:53 pm

http://www.ultraculture.co.uk/ is blogging his time at Cannes & I'm enjoying his posts so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cannes 2012   

Back to top Go down

Cannes 2012
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: