More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

OHMSS Anachronism

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

OHMSS Anachronism Empty
PostSubject: OHMSS Anachronism   OHMSS Anachronism EmptyWed May 23, 2012 2:58 pm

The stock car chase could never have happened in Switzerland at that time. The Swiss outlawed auto racing in 1955 after the terrible accident at Le Mans, and only lifted the ban in 2007.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Switzerland_lifts_ban_on_motor_racing
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

OHMSS Anachronism Empty
PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Anachronism   OHMSS Anachronism EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:32 am

Interesting find.

It's best to pretend Bond exists in an alternate dimension. For example, the Minister for Defence remains the same chap even though there was a change of government in 1979.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

OHMSS Anachronism Empty
PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Anachronism   OHMSS Anachronism EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:38 am

Bond is an alternate universe....

For example, in Thunderball, Connery's Bond says "My dear girl, don't flatter yourself. What I did this evening was for king and country. You don't think it gave me any pleasure, do you?"

Who was the King? Queen Elizabeth was, and still is, the reigning monarch for almost 60 years...
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

OHMSS Anachronism Empty
PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Anachronism   OHMSS Anachronism EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:44 am

Nicely spotted.

Typical seditious Scot. :x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OHMSS Anachronism Empty
PostSubject: Re: OHMSS Anachronism   OHMSS Anachronism Empty

Back to top Go down

OHMSS Anachronism
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)-
Jump to: