These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Django Unchained (2012)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manhunter
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 359
Member Since : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:43 am

Have to agree about the "self-righteous windbag" bit. Accurate description.
Back to top Go down
j7wild
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2039
Member Since : 2011-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 am

I am still waiting for Quentin to make a Kill Bill Vol. 3 and Pulp Fiction 2.
Back to top Go down
Drax
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 275
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:12 am

j7wild wrote:
I am still waiting for Quentin to make a Kill Bill Vol. 3 and Pulp Fiction 2.

I'm glad he hasn't.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 2014
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:38 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:


“If the word ‘nigger’ could light up the sky, Los Angeles wouldn’t need streetlights.”

Yeah, except it's black people calling other black people that word. Quentin's just like the West Coast rappers, yo. He's trying to take the word back from the supremacists, yo, by using it 179 times. By taking the sting out of the word, Quentin's just reclaiming it for all oppressed peeps and minorities....yo. He's just keepin' it for realz, dawg.

Sam Jackson IS a brother. Just not a cornball brotha, like that Robert Griffin Jr. the Third.
:*d*:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 6800
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : Up

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:20 pm

Gravy is just satirizing the white folk who are ironically scared of black people and other minorities.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3097
Member Since : 2011-03-20
Location : Belfast, Northern Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Mmmm.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Drax wrote:
Armond White is a self-righteous windbag, and a tw@t.

Manhunter wrote:
Have to agree about the "self-righteous windbag" bit. Accurate description.

I've HAD IT with these motherfucking posters in this motherfucking thread.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3852
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Python wrote:
Gravy is just satirizing the white folk who are ironically scared of black people and other minorities.

No, I'm satirizing da black folks who are, ironically, scared of other black folks succeeding in life, daring to be literate, daring to be educated, daring to date a white person, daring to not have a bunch of babies out wedlock.....


.....or disgusting, white liberals (such as Skip Brainless) who feel the need to mop up a mess made by someone like Rob Parker by turning around suggesting that RG3's braids qualify him to be considered a black person.


Dat's who I be satirizing!!
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 6800
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : Up

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Honky.
Back to top Go down
Drax
Experienced Correspondent
Experienced Correspondent
avatar

Posts : 275
Member Since : 2011-03-15
Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Drax wrote:
Armond White is a self-righteous windbag, and a tw@t.

Manhunter wrote:
Have to agree about the "self-righteous windbag" bit. Accurate description.

I've HAD IT with these motherfucking posters in this motherfucking thread.

Was that a shout out to Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

In any case I can't help it. The only thing I'm ever conscious of when reading White is how in love he is with himself and his vocabulary and how much better he thinks each of those are than me.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3852
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:41 pm

Drax wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:


I've HAD IT with these motherfucking posters in this motherfucking thread.

Was that a shout out to Planes, Trains and Automobiles?

.

Close. It was a 2006 Samuel L. Jackson movie called SNAKES ON PLANES, TRAINS, AND AUTOMOBILES. I think John Candy co-starred, if I recall correctly.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Python wrote:
Gravy is just satirizing the white folk who are ironically scared of black people and other minorities.

No, I'm satirizing da black folks who are, ironically, scared of other black folks succeeding in life, daring to be literate, daring to be educated, daring to date a white person, daring to not have a bunch of babies out wedlock.....


.....or disgusting, white liberals (such as Skip Brainless) who feel the need to mop up a mess made by someone like Rob Parker by turning around suggesting that RG3's braids qualify him to be considered a black person.


Dat's who I be satirizing!!

That's got nothing to do with Armond White.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3852
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 am

Largo's Shark wrote:


That's got nothing to do with Armond White.

Oh, I think it does. White's column was entitled "Still Not A Brother". Rob Parker's ignorant commentary was about whether Robert Griffin III is a "cornball brother" or whether he's down with the cause. Both commentators reveal that being a "brother" in the United States may not always be about whether you are black. White suggests that Tarantino is 'race-obsessed', and even Spike Lee has asked whether Tarantino wants to be an "honorary brother". What makes a person black in this country? Armond White opened up the floor for debate; I'm simply driving right through the argument.
Back to top Go down
Control
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 5137
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Slumber, Inc.

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:59 am



Tarantino acting like a 5-year-old child (again) after being faced with uncomfortable questions.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:56 am

What an utter prick.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3865
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Piz Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:42 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
What an utter prick.

Yeah, the interviewer seems that way...

Eh, imagine someone coming up to you and saying your work is the cause of all violence in the world. He isn't the first director to have violence in films. What about Scorsese? Kubrick? The list is endless.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:07 am

The Beeb interviewet should have been more aggressive, tearing Tarantino a new arsehole. Though that's British journalism for you. They're all neutered PPE grads over here.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3865
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Piz Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:11 am

More aggressive? What for? So, handling aggression in film is wrong, but the interviewer can do it in real life? That makes perfect sense...

Just because you don't like the director, it doesn't mean he is responsible for violence in real life./
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:16 am

FieldsMan wrote:
Eh, imagine someone coming up to you and saying your work is the cause of all violence in the world. He isn't the first director to have violence in films. What about Scorsese? Kubrick? The list is endless.

Where did the interviewer say that QT is the "cause of all violence in the world?" That said, with the size of Tarantino's ego, I'm wouldn't be surprised if that's how he interpreted the whole interview, feeding his own bizzare persecution complex.
Back to top Go down
CJB
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3653
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : 'Straya

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:21 am

Holocaustic... Auschwitzian... are these terms legit?

But yeah, Tarantino is a bit of a c*nt.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3865
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Piz Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:24 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Eh, imagine someone coming up to you and saying your work is the cause of all violence in the world. He isn't the first director to have violence in films. What about Scorsese? Kubrick? The list is endless.

Where did the interviewer say that QT is the "cause of all violence in the world?" That said, with the size of Tarantino's ego, I'm wouldn't be surprised if that's how he interpreted the whole interview, feeding his own bizzare persecution complex.

It's hyperbole.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 10600
Member Since : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 am

FieldsMan wrote:
More aggressive? What for? So, handling aggression in film is wrong, but the interviewer can do it in real life? That makes perfect sense..

This is a beyond daft statement. How is asking for the intervieow to be more critical and persistent equivocal to wanting Tarantino to grow up and develop a more adult and socially conscious approach to violence (i.e. little to no bloodlust), and show one shred of conviction?

As for bringing Scorsese and Kubrick into the argument, the violence in TAXI DRIVER and RESERVOIR while both graphic, is as different as night and day.
One has a soul behind the lens, while the other couldn't give a fuck.

FieldsMan wrote:
Just because you don't like the director, it doesn't mean he is responsible for violence in real life./

To believe that films have no repercussions on society is either intellectually dishonest or plain naive. All violence in film and video games have consequences on us, with some being more harmful than others. It's up to the artists behind that media to bear responsibility for what they create.

Quentin Tarantino (a borderline sociopath) does not, and probably never will.
Back to top Go down
FieldsMan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3865
Member Since : 2010-05-13
Location : Piz Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
More aggressive? What for? So, handling aggression in film is wrong, but the interviewer can do it in real life? That makes perfect sense..

This is a beyond daft statement. How is asking for the intervieow to be more critical and persistent equivocal to wanting Tarantino to grow up and develop a more adult and socially conscious approach to violence (i.e. little to no bloodlust), and show one shred of conviction?

That's not what you said initially. You said you wanted more aggression. For someone who wants a "socially conscious approach to violence" in Tarantino's films, that's pretty hypocritical. Aggression is anti-social.

Tarantino makes enjoyable films. Perhaps they aren't films that comment on the world we live in today, but they don't need to be. This is his style.

Largo's Shark wrote:
FieldsMan wrote:
Just because you don't like the director, it doesn't mean he is responsible for violence in real life./

To believe that films have no repercussions on society is either intellectually dishonest or plain naive. All violence in film and video games have consequences on us, with some being more harmful than others. It's up to the artists behind that media to bear responsibility for what they create.

There's a communication theory that suggests otherwise. The Uses and Gratification Theory suggests that audiences actively seek out what they want to consume from movies. It would take a twisted person to become inspired by violence in film. Just like a gun, the gun doesn't kill. It's the finger that pulls the trigger.

It's not up to the artist at all. Everybody is responsible for their own actions. To say that the artists bear responsibility is intellectually dishonest or plain naive.

Quote :
As for bringing Scorsese and Kubrick into the argument, the violence in TAXI DRIVER and RESERVOIR while both graphic, is as different as night and day. One has a soul behind the lens, while the other couldn't give a fuck.

And if you think the audience is passive enough to engage in horrific acts of violence, they also wouldn't know the difference between a film with soul and one without it.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 3852
Member Since : 2011-04-16
Location : Inside my safe space

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:21 am

'Django' Slave Toys
DISCONTINUED


http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/18/django-slave-toys-taken-off-the-market-by-request-of-the-weinsteins/




I don't see the harm of purchasing slave toys. If you've already bought into the concept of watching a violent, bloody movie about a killer slave, the intellectual leap needed to purchase toys based on these characters isn't that great.

Django Unchained is a racist piece of garbage made by racists (aka "modern day liberals"). It sells violence and victimization to a minority audience in the same way that gangster rap has, and it's the exact same types of people profiting off of it all.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
avatar

Posts : 6800
Member Since : 2011-03-14
Location : Up

PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 am

How was the movie racist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Django Unchained (2012)   

Back to top Go down
 
Django Unchained (2012)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: