More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What Would You Title Bond 24?

Go down 
+29
Staugust
lachesis
bitchcraft
BamesJond
Xenia93
Jack Wade
Moore
saint mark
Louis Armstrong
Stamper
Mr Bond
GeneralGogol
Harmsway
Pussy Riot
Hilly
Lazenby.
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
AMC Hornet
CJB
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Walecs
bondfan06
trevanian
Perilagu Khan
MBalje
James Bond
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm

"The Fate of All Fools"

Walecs wrote:
Die by Eye Spy.
Yes!
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:26 pm

Eye Spy You Die
...Guy
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
"The Fate of All Fools"
Okay, I really like this, and I even figured out a way that it could be done.

The villain could be descended from the archaeologists who discovered the tomb of Tamerlane in 1940s Russia. I once heard a story that there was a warning in the tomb to whoever opened it saying that whoever opened it would unleash an unstoppable horror upon the lands, and within two days of opening it, the Nazis crossed into the Soviet Union.

Having born witness to this - however indirectly - the villain could have come to the conclusion that no matter how powerful an empire or civilisation is, it will inevitably go into decline and be reduced to ashes. He believes that the world has become stagnant, and blames the remaining colonial powers for this. He plans to wipe out Great Briatin, which he believes will clear the rubble for the next empire to rise.

And to drop the film's title into dialogue, he could quote the warning in the tomb. Which would be fictional, and go something like this:

"To any who would step beyond this point uninvited, be warned: yours will be the fate of all fools, to watch on, in helpless enlightenment, at what your imprudence has wrought - a scourge upon these lands that will feed upon the despair of those whose names you would otherwise never know."

Okay, that's over-written, but I tried to make it sound as dire and curse-y as possible.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:06 am

The Spy who Spied me
Let the Spyfall
Spy Another Day
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:15 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

He plans to wipe out Great Briatin, which he believes will clear the rubble for the next empire to rise.

I presume this Bond movie will be set around the time Ian Fleming was in nappies.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
"The Fate of All Fools"
Okay, I really like this, and I even figured out a way that it could be done.

The villain could be descended from the archaeologists who discovered the tomb of Tamerlane in 1940s Russia. I once heard a story that there was a warning in the tomb to whoever opened it saying that whoever opened it would unleash an unstoppable horror upon the lands, and within two days of opening it, the Nazis crossed into the Soviet Union.

Having born witness to this - however indirectly - the villain could have come to the conclusion that no matter how powerful an empire or civilisation is, it will inevitably go into decline and be reduced to ashes. He believes that the world has become stagnant, and blames the remaining colonial powers for this. He plans to wipe out Great Briatin, which he believes will clear the rubble for the next empire to rise.

And to drop the film's title into dialogue, he could quote the warning in the tomb. Which would be fictional, and go something like this:

"To any who would step beyond this point uninvited, be warned: yours will be the fate of all fools, to watch on, in helpless enlightenment, at what your imprudence has wrought - a scourge upon these lands that will feed upon the despair of those whose names you would otherwise never know."

Okay, that's over-written, but I tried to make it sound as dire and curse-y as possible.

Actually, I've long toyed with the idea of a revanchist zealot whipping up popular sentiment for recreating a long dead empire and invading foreign lands. It's hardly original (Clive Cussler did something like this in Treasure), but no Bond film has revolved around such a plot.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Steve_Agent_008 wrote:
I PERSONALLY WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT CALLED "LICENCE RENEWED"

A film called License Renewed would need a specific window of opportunity and I think that window has passed until the next time the role is recast or the series is re-re-booted.

Welcome to Bond and Beyond, but please avoid typing in all-caps or people won't be able to read your comments.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:57 pm

Or worse ignore them, like I did
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:31 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
Actually, I've long toyed with the idea of a revanchist zealot whipping up popular sentiment for recreating a long dead empire and invading foreign lands. It's hardly original (Clive Cussler did something like this in Treasure), but no Bond film has revolved around such a plot.
My idea is more along the lines of the villain deciding that he's going to destroy the UK - or possibly kill the Royal Family - to wipe the strongest reminder of the colonial powers from the map, because he believes it will allow the creation of a new empire.

It's largely born out of a desire to see Bond face an unconventional and irrational threat. I love the idea of Bond taking on a villain who believes in something that defies sense or reason, but is also powerful enough to make his vision reality. Assassianting the Royal Family probably wouldn't trigger a worldwide revolution and the formation of a new empire, but the villain believes it will, and so he goes ahead with it anyway. I think that this would open up some interesting avenues for Bond's character to be explored: how would he deal with such a threat? Would he take it seriously from the beginning, but gradually see the absurdity of it? Or would he scoff at it to begin with, but be forced to take it seriously when the villain does something heinous?
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 3:01 pm

The Naked Eye

:?:
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Not bad ... at least with only FYEO and GE as its 'eye-referencing' predecessors, it wouldn't feel overdone (unlike 'live', 'die' and 'kill' and their variations).
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 10:30 pm

"A WHISPER FROM HELL", or "LICENCE RENEWED", or "GOLD ICE",.....
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 2:44 am

The obvious title would be "As the Bond Turns" Just call it what it is.
The proper title for SF, should have been "Mommy Was Bad"
Back to top Go down
Xenia93
'R'
'R'
Xenia93

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Property Of A Lady
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:
Can you name any Bond theme songs that rely on quoting previous titles the way Beyond the Ice does?

(Good song, though, apart from that.)

Well, Straw's The World Is Not Enough song includes the lyrics

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
We Have All The Time In The World
I have lived, and loved, and surely let die
I shall use my time [from You Only Live Twice novel]
Back to top Go down
BamesJond

BamesJond

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Risico
Property Of A Lady
Undertaken

I just have those names by now... Maybe Craig's era should stick to the exotic names.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/X3MSonicXP
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 3:18 am

Honestly, I think it's more important that EON get the name of the villain right in BOND 24. Especially if it's going to be an original story. "Dominic Greene" and "Raoul Silva" - even when the latter has significant, being an anagram for "a rival soul" - weren't particularly villainous names.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 am

I was thinking about this (again) today, wondering if there was some kind of expression prodcers could draw upon for a title, kind of like You Only Live Twice or Live and Let Die. The one I like the most is "Beyond the Pale", because it has the potential for an actual thematic connection for once. In the middle ages, the Pale was a part of Ireland that was directly controlled by England. To leave the protection of the Pale was to venture out into the lawless and uncivilised lands controlled by the feuding Irish lords.

So I think Beyond the Pale would work quite well as a Bond title.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 1:43 pm

I'm reviving this thread after a year of inactivity to share my latest idea:

"JAMAIS VU"

Deja vu, as we all know, is the feeling of "you've been here before", but technically it translates as the unfamiliar feeling familiar (probably because the brain accidentally creates a long-term memory rather than a short-term one). Jamais vu, on the other hand, is much rarer. It's the opposite of deja vu, where the familiar feels unfamiliar.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Jamais Vu sounds cool, and it's meaning seems intriguing enough.

I'd like Shatterhand - though only if it's the villain's name, of course.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 3:58 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

"JAMAIS VU"

If they had to change 'License Revoked' because they thought the masses couldn't define 'Revoked'...I don't see them going euro-title anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 7:42 am

That was 25 years ago. And they have since used "Quantum of Solace".
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 2:01 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
That was 25 years ago. And they have since used "Quantum of Solace".

Which is still one of the most despised titles ever.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 3:31 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

"JAMAIS VU"

You bumped a thread that's been dead for a year for THIS?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:45 am

ROTFLMAO Not that bad, LS… I can see it as a chapter name at the very least in a Fleming novel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Would You Title Bond 24?
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next