More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What Would You Title Bond 24?

Go down 
+29
Staugust
lachesis
bitchcraft
BamesJond
Xenia93
Jack Wade
Moore
saint mark
Louis Armstrong
Stamper
Mr Bond
GeneralGogol
Harmsway
Pussy Riot
Hilly
Lazenby.
The White Tuxedo
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
AMC Hornet
CJB
tiffanywint
Blunt Instrument
Prisoner Monkeys
Walecs
bondfan06
trevanian
Perilagu Khan
MBalje
James Bond
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 am

Blunt Instrument wrote:
Beyond The Ice was apparently what DAD was once titled ... OK, it refers to the Iceland setting and to the 'conflict diamonds' aspect of the plot, but it's still (IMHO) shit.

One of the people who worked on the film said that BEYOND THE ICE was never a suggested title, and it may have been "leaked" as part of a disinformation campaign by someone from the production who knew that ice was going to feature prominently in the movie. Wouldn't have surprised me in the least if Purvis and Wade sent that to somebody. But don't forget, On Hot Ice was also a "rumored" title for TOMORROW NEVER LIES DIES. A lot of these rumored titles aren't even creative enough to be taken seriously. I look at some of the fan art at the different websites and, while I don't want to crap all over a fan's ideas, hopes, dreams, and aspirations, some of the titles they come up with would be rejected by Andy Sidaris or Uwe Bolle. Maybe some of the rumored titles mean something more profound in their native tongue, but I'm looking at a lot of fan art for suggested Bond films such as Whisper of Revenge, Shadow of Hate, Cold Revenge, Temptation of Danger.....some of these titles sound like movies Tori Spelling would be starring in on The Lifetime Channel.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:56 am

You're right, it was probably a "Blue Harvest."
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:44 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I'm looking at a lot of fan art for suggested Bond films such as Whisper of Revenge, Shadow of Hate, Cold Revenge, Temptation of Danger.....some of these titles sound like movies Tori Spelling would be starring in on The Lifetime Channel.
Are these fan arts made by the same people who slap a film logo on the latest publicity still and then present it as a work of art?
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:06 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

Are these fan arts made by the same people who slap a film logo on the latest publicity still and then present it as a work of art?

No, these fans have talent and aren't afraid to show their audiences that this is a Bond film. Can't say the same for the hacks at EON. If the posters for Bond-24 get any more stripped down and bare-bones, Daniel Craig will be wearing nothing but a Walther PPK and a jock-strap.

Take a look at http://007art.free.fr and you'll find some amazing fan art. Certainly more evocative and unafraid than anything EON has given us since 1999. The minimalist approach in the U.S. started with 2002's DAD.

Good artwork for bad titles such as TIME IS THE ENEMY, NEVER SAY DEAD, OCEAN OF LOVE (sounds like a Mexican tela-novella), 7 Deaths To LIve, Respect For The Crown, Temptation of Danger, Whisper of Shadows (how does one whisper a shadow?)....I mean, the titles need to *mean something*, not simply be randomly generated buzzwords.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 3:41 am

That's why I suggested "A Sonnet for Death". It doesn't really mean anything, but it could mean something within the context of the film with a bit of creative thinking.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:32 am

Agree that a lot of the marketing for Craig's Bonds has been disappointing ... Skyfall's 'Bond in the gunbarrel/tunnel' teaser poster was good, but the ones that followed were fairly uninspired.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:34 pm

I came up with DEATH IN THE FACE because it's part of a common expression when people say "I looked death in the face and lived to tell about it'. Just a suggestion.

I would have thought it was from:

You only live twice;
Once when you are born
And once when you look death in the face

(I.F., after Basho)
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:58 pm

AMC Hornet wrote:

I came up with DEATH IN THE FACE because it's part of a common expression when people say "I looked death in the face and lived to tell about it'. Just a suggestion.

I would have thought it was from:

You only live twice;
Once when you are born
And once when you look death in the face

(I.F., after Basho)

Well, that bit from Fleming is taken from what I assume is a fairly common expression. That's probably what jogged my memory about the title, though, because I did watch YOLT a few days ago. It would make a good title and can also be worked sensibly into a line of dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 pm

A lot of these rumored titles aren't even creative enough to be taken seriously.
True. But given that SKYFALL's actual working titles were the following--

SILVER BULLET
KILLING MOON
ONCE UPON A SPY

--I daresay EON probably doesn't have a great feel for Bond titles. And heck, a lot of Fleming's working titles were rubbish, too.
Back to top Go down
GeneralGogol
Q Branch
Q Branch
GeneralGogol

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:29 pm

I like The Death Collector. If the next two Logan-penned films will by chance cover a Blofeld/SPECTRE-like villain, then I think Shatterhand and The Death Collector would make two great titles for these films.
Back to top Go down
Walecs
Q Branch
Q Branch
Walecs

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 7:32 pm

There was a song named Beyond the Ice. It almost certainly is a Bond song, because it says "You only live twice" at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxiOuDsg20U
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:00 pm

Harmsway wrote:
A lot of these rumored titles aren't even creative enough to be taken seriously.
True. But given that SKYFALL's actual working titles were the following--

SILVER BULLET
KILLING MOON
ONCE UPON A SPY

--I daresay EON probably doesn't have a great feel for Bond titles. And heck, a lot of Fleming's working titles were rubbish, too.

You sure those were the working titles for SKYFALL? I thought they were "working titles" for DAD, but I may have my facts confused.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 10:05 pm

According to the Hollywood Reporter, those were the working titles for SKYFALL.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Walecs wrote:
There was a song named Beyond the Ice. It almost certainly is a Bond song, because it says "You only live twice" at some point.

"The Wizard of Ice" - a description of Kronsteen from the novel FRWL - might also work.
Back to top Go down
Harmsway
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Harmsway

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:47 pm

WIZARD OF ICE sounds like a bad fantasy novel.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Can you name any Bond theme songs that rely on quoting previous titles the way Beyond the Ice does?

(Good song, though, apart from that.)
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 am

Walecs wrote:

Sounds a bit like Ian Brown.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 3:53 am

Harmsway wrote:
WIZARD OF ICE sounds like a bad fantasy novel.

Yeah. laugh Bond titles should be more simple and effective. I do wonder when we'll ever get a title that references the villain. Hadn't had one since The Man with the Golden Gun. Although there is Tomorrow Never Dies and Quantum of Solace, but they're retarded in that context.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Walecs wrote:

Sounds a bit like Ian Brown.

Sounds a bit like "Wild At Heart" by Bigod 20 from the Sliver soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 7:58 am

I'd be happy with Moonraker Mach 2.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond

Mr Bond

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm

I would be very happy if the next film is titled " RISICO " or possibly " THE HILDEBRANDT RARITY ". But, i have hoped for those titles for a long time, so i will most certainly wait again.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Fleming's Risico story was pretty well covered in the film FYEO don't you think? I'm not sure Eon would be inclined to re-visit and remake, and we got Milton Krest, the antagonist from Hildebrandt Rarity, given a prominent role in LTK film too. These Fleming boxes seem to have been checked already.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm

LTK's Krest was the Fleming character in name only. There has been nothing, and I do mean nothing, like Fleming's Krest in Bond cinema, and that is a lacuna because ol' uncle Milty is one of The Master's finest creations.
Back to top Go down
Mr Bond

Mr Bond

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm perfectly aware of what has been used and not used, i just think that Risico is a great title for a film. It doesen't have to use any of it's material.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 am

I wouldn't mind RISICO. THE HILDEBRAND RARITY would have to be a codename of a McGuffin or something, because I doubt a Bond film would be centered around some rare fish.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Would You Title Bond 24?   What Would You Title Bond 24? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Would You Title Bond 24?
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next