More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise

Go down 
+3
bitchcraft
CJB
Gravity's Silhouette
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise Empty
PostSubject: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:29 pm

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/29/tom-cruise-katie-holmes-divorce-custody-suri/

Normally a celebrity divorce is of no concern to me, but this one will be huge because of the controlling nature of both Tom Cruise and The Church of Scientology, not to mention the way in which he went about "wooing" Holmes back in 2005. I'd like to know exactly how she managed to get deprogrammed and find the inner courage to leave him. She has essentially been persona-non-grata for the past 7 years.

It'll be a fascinating case study in public relations management.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:34 am

Paging Brown/Control: We require those screengrabs of Tom Cruise laughing like a maniac.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 12:43 am

I want to know more about his controlling nature...can't see her being locked up in a cage since her acting career doesn't indicate that...

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:03 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
I want to know more about his controlling nature...can't see her being locked up in a cage since her acting career doesn't indicate that...

She was picked off a list of women that his handlers had put together for him to marry. Scarlett Johansson was on the list, and she's spoken about it before, saying that she wanted no part of it. She may have gone out on one date with him, but felt uneasy about it because he was trying to convert her to Scientology, which is apparently why Katie Holmes has now left Cruise according to the latest updates at TMZ.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/06/29/katie-holmes-scientology-tom-cruise-divorce-suri/

Katie Holmes filed for divorce primarily over Tom Cruise's fierce ties to Scientology, fearing that Tom would drag Suri deep into the church ... sources connected with the couple tell TMZ.

Our sources say ... Katie has never been fully committed to Scientology, even though she has had ties with the church. We're told the couple had been arguing over Suri -- that she's now of the age where Scientology becomes a significant part of her life.

Sources familiar with the split tell us Katie is filing for sole legal custody -- as we first reported -- specifically because she does not want Tom to control decisions relating to religion.

He was already a Scientologist when she married him. What did she think was going to happen? That she was going to convert him?

How long before Kelly Preston divorces John Travolta? My guess is that The Scientologists are going to try and apply enormous pressure on both Holmes and Preston to stay with their men; damaging the "brand" through a divorce could harm their earning potential, especially if fans begin to believe that either man, or both, is homosexual. Although at this point I've got to believe that Travolta's most ardent, hard-core fans have come to the realization that he prefers men and that his marriage is a cover; Travolta is fooling no one anymore. Don't know what to say about Cruise because I've never understood why he would want to be a Scientologist; what does he get out of it? But three marriages? How long before the "marriage equality" folks start coming out of the woodwork complaining that Cruise gets to marry 3 times but they can't marry even once?
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 am

Guess Holmes finally figured out the pass codes on the house locks.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 2:22 am

CJB wrote:
Paging Brown/Control: We require those screengrabs of Tom Cruise laughing like a maniac.

Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise Cruisestunned

So, I jumped on that fucking couch for nothing?

Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise Tomcruisecrazylaughx

Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise Picture8ph

What? Alimony?

But, I imagine he had an ironclad prenupt.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 7:24 am

Control wrote:
But, I imagine he had an ironclad prenupt.

Prenups are worthless, at least as far as I'm aware.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:18 pm

If Tom Cruise is this "control freak" that everyone's making him out to be, I'm sure Katie Holmes isn't going to get a penny more than what was in the contract. Don't Zeta-Jones have a marital agreement that allows her to earn money for every year that she's married to Douglas, and if she breaks, she gets nothing? I think I read that somewhere. And if Cruise Control really picked his wife from a batch of candidates, I can imagine that a marital agreement was also thrown into the mix. Having a baby might have also been in the agreement. Who knows.

Oh well. The news isn't surprising or all that interesting. I like ol' Cruisey and hope everything works out for him.

It's funny, a couple of days ago I was wondering when this marriage was going to dissolve.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Control wrote:
If Tom Cruise is this "control freak" that everyone's making him out to be, I'm sure Katie Holmes isn't going to get a penny more than what was in the contract. Don't Zeta-Jones have a marital agreement that allows her to earn money for every year that she's married to Douglas, and if she breaks, she gets nothing? I think I read that somewhere. And if Cruise Control really picked his wife from a batch of candidates, I can imagine that a marital agreement was also thrown into the mix. Having a baby might have also been in the agreement. Who knows.

Oh well. The news isn't surprising or all that interesting. I like ol' Cruisey and hope everything works out for him.

It's funny, a couple of days ago I was wondering when this marriage was going to dissolve.

I don't know what Zeta-Jones has in her pre-nup with Michael Douglas. I would never consent to one, nor would I ask my fiance to sign one either. If you're already planning your divorce before you've gotten married, maybe a person isn't relationship material after all. But I'm old-fashioned that way.

I won't pretend to understand why Holmes married Cruise. I do know she'd been dating Chris Klein for years and he hadn't proposed marriage to her; maybe Cruise was a childhood crush who came along at the right time and said all the right things and swept her off her feet. Maybe she discounted the importance of raising a child in a home where both parents are of the same religion. I do remember reading that the pre-nuptual agreement (and this was years ago) called for her to be married to Cruise for at least 5 years, so it seems as if she's bolting at the earliest possible opportunity. I don't get the sense that she went into this for the money, because if she had she might try filing for divorce in California instead of New York. Seems more like a custody-issue case right now. But don't think for one minute that Cruise's handlers are going to allow her to file for sole custody of their daughter without a vicious public relations war; The Cult of Scientology is not going to just sit back and allow Holmes to make their golden goose look bad in the papers and on TMZ. They'll fight her tooth and nail and they'll make Cruise fight her as well, because TCOS knows all there is to know about Cruise's past, and if he wants to keep whatever skeletons he has locked in the closet, he'll have to play along by their rules.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
I would never consent to one, nor would I ask my fiance to sign one either. If you're already planning your divorce before you've gotten married, maybe a person isn't relationship material after all. But I'm old-fashioned that way.

I feel the same way.

If my fiance asked me to consent to one, I'd tell her to not let the door hit her ass on the way out.
Back to top Go down
HJackson
'R'
'R'
HJackson

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:06 pm

The woman always gets custody and prenups get thrown out at the first opportunity by most courts, especially when a kid is involved. I wouldn't get married without a prenup, or in a state where they're not enforceable - without the proper protection, a successful man is very exposed to getting fleeced by a dissatisfied woman and having his life ruined by the unreasonable financial demands of a woman who deserves absolutely nothing from him (sans his share for raising the kids - which in many cases should be living with him anyway).

Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:40 pm

Here's a clip of him "jumping the couch" on Oprah:

My initial reaction to him then has not changed: he comes across like he's selling you something rather than being genuinely honest about his feelings for Katie Holmes. He's trying way too hard to convince the audience that he's found true love, when an informed viewer will have already read the true timeline and facts regarding their "romance" well before Cruise actually came on the show.

He looks like he's trying to sell you a Sham Wow or a bottle of vitamins that will cure everything that ails you. There is something fundamentally dishonest about this interview; there's nothing truly genuine about what he says or does. All of it comes across as an act. And I've been around long enough to have had people try and sell me sketchy products, or recruit me into New-Age religions, and at the core of every presentation was this sort of demonstration that Cruise puts on on Oprah's show; people who try and recruit you into pyramid schemes or other types of dubious plans use this sort of emotional cheer-leading to get you excited about what they're attempting to sell you because they know that the truth itself would not be enough.

Not only is Cruise a complete fraud in this clip, but so is the host and her audience. At that point Cruise could have spit-roasted a kitten right there on the stage and the mindless drones that Oprah calls her "audience" would not have raised one objection; they were too busy worshiping Cruise in the back of their mind. Cruise probably successfully recruited 5-10 new members from that studio audience for the Church just from that appearance alone, because it's the type of personality that would sit there and deify and objectify people such as Tom Cruise that are the most vulnerable to his cult recruitment efforts. And Oprah should have known better. She sat there and let him go on and on and on unchallenged; she was a totally willing accomplice to this fraud he perpetrated on the public.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:31 am

Part of me likes to think that at least part of the reason for this is that Holmes had had enough of holding in the opinion that Scientology is completely and obviously the biggest pile of bullshit ever for 5 years, and she just snapped and vented one day.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Roger Friedman knows his stuff. He's been one of the most diligent reporters on The Church of Scientology (and Cruise) for years now. Here's what he knows:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2012/07/02/katie-vs-tom-on-scientology-she-could-spill-beans-about-the-other-kids-etc

It seems like most of the media has turned the Katie Holmes-Tom Cruise story into one of Scientology being the cause of the divorce, particularly as the cult–as it now called by Rupert Murdoch–affects six year old Suri. But if Cruise insists publicly that Suri be raised as Scientologist, and Katie objects, the group’s leader David Miscavige may tell Cruise to let it go. Why? Holmes, more than anyone, could shine a glaring light on the inner workings of the sect. Once the divorce really gets going, and affidavits are filed, depositions are taken, things could get nasty for the secretive group.

For one thing, Holmes could finally describe what happened when she met Cruise in April 2005, where she was for an unexplained 16 days before surfacing in Rome with him and announcing she was in love. That was on April 27, 2005. Prior to approximately April 12th, Holmes didn’t know Cruise. Her reps sent her to L.A. for a meeting with him about “Mission Impossible 3″ that may have taken place at the Scientology Centre in Hollywood.

From then on, Holmes cut off her family and friends. When she finally spoke, she was– as I reported then exclusively–monitored closely by Scientologist Jessica Feshbach Rodriguez, whose family are heavy Scientology donors. Feshbach even spoke for Holmes during a magazine interview that summer. For most of the time until they married in November 2006, Holmes was never alone without someone from Scientology. But all of her prior friends–including actress Rebecca Gayheart, and her ex castmates from “Dawson’s Creek”–were banished.

Inside the world of Tom Cruise, Holmes presumably saw everything there is to know about Scientology. One movie director told me in 2006 how Cruise’s Beverly Hills house–in which his sister, her three children, and Cruise’s mother all lived–was filled with people working through the night on various Scientology projects. “At midnight,” the director said, ” the house was lit up.”

Holmes would also have vital information about Cruise’s two older children, Connor and Isabella, and how they were raised apart from their mother, Nicole Kidman. Years ago, there was a public outcry when Bella Cruise’s name turned up on a list of Scientology “completions” when she was very young. It was obvious she was being indoctrinated. The children were home schooled by Cruise’s sisters, who joined the group, as well as his mother, who left her husband and her life in Marco Island, Florida when Suri was born, at Cruise’s demand, to come watch his new wife and daughter.

Cruise and his lawyers will have to decide if the gamble is worth it–that anything could come out, that all of it could impact Cruise’s career, and is it worth it. It’s probably not. As it is, former Scientologists have written books, and several high profile members have left or openly criticized the group including Lisa Marie Presley, director Paul Haggis, and actor Jason Beghe.

-----------------

As I mentioned in a previous post, Holmes wasn't the only actress "auditioning" for a role in MI3. Several other women were approached for "dates" with Cruise under the auspices of trying to get a role in MI:3, when in reality they were being set up to become potential partners with Cruise.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:23 am

^ this post above by Grav, quoting Roger Friedman, I think establishes that Cruise is a certifiable nut. Who knows what motivated Holmes to marry him in the first place, but at least she's smart to be getting out now, at least for the sake of the kids.

Cruise really should not be married to anyone. He's married to Scientology.

I do believe his bizarre performance in Rock of Ages, which is right up there with the Oprah performance, solidifies his stature as a certifiable loon.
Back to top Go down
Blunt Instrument
00 Agent
00 Agent
Blunt Instrument

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:42 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
Cruise really should not be married to anyone.

Not even John Travolta?
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Blunt Instrument wrote:
tiffanywint wrote:
Cruise really should not be married to anyone.

Not even John Travolta?

for the sake of womankind, and masseurs everywhere, maybe not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 11:37 pm

tiffanywint wrote:
^ this post above by Grav, quoting Roger Friedman, I think establishes that Cruise is a certifiable nut. Who knows what motivated Holmes to marry him in the first place, but at least she's smart to be getting out now, at least for the sake of the kids.

Cruise really should not be married to anyone. He's married to Scientology.

I do believe his bizarre performance in Rock of Ages, which is right up there with the Oprah performance, solidifies his stature as a certifiable loon.

New information coming out from Maureen Orth, who is a well-established reporter at Vanity Fair. The Co$ nuts are already all over the VF message boards trying to slime her, but she's very specific in this article and has lots of facts, dates, times, and places. It ain't pretty.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2012/09/tom-cruise-scientology-marriage-katie-holmes

According to several sources, the organization devised an elaborate auditioning process in which actresses who were already Scientology members were called in, told they were auditioning for a new training film, and then asked a series of curious questions including: “What do you think of Tom Cruise?”

....According to Orth, Nazanin Boniadi, an Iranian-born, London-raised actress and Scientologist, was selected and dated Cruise from November 2004 until January 2005. Initially she was told only that she had been selected for a very important mission. In a month-long preparation in October 2004, she was audited every day, a process in which she told a high-ranking Scientology official her innermost secrets and every detail of her sex life. Boniadi allegedly was told to lose her braces, her red highlights, and her boyfriend. According to a knowledgeable source, she was shown confidential auditing files of her boyfriend to expedite a breakup. (Scientology denies any misuse of confidential material.) The source says Boniadi signed a confidentiality agreement and was told that if she “messed up” in any way she would be declared a Suppressive Person (a pariah and enemy of Scientology).

Orth reports that in November 2004 Boniadi was flown to New York, where she met Cruise. That’s when she first sensed that this was possibly going to be an arranged marriage. For their first date Cruise and Boniadi went to dinner at Nobu with an entourage of Scientology aides, then to the skating rink at Rockefeller Center, which was closed to the public especially for them. The two spent that first night together but, according to several sources, they did not have sex. At the Trump Tower, where Cruise and the entourage had rented an entire floor, Cruise purportedly told Boniadi, “I’ve never felt this way before.” (Gravity's note: Funny, he said the same thing about Katie Holmes weeks later) She was given a second confidentiality agreement specifically about Cruise to sign. Boniadi could tell her worried parents (her mother was also a Scientologist) only that she was in New York on a special Scientology project.

Though the first month of the relationship was bliss, by the second month Boniadi was more and more often found wanting, Orth reports. According to the knowledgeable source, anything she said or did that Cruise found fault with he immediately reported to a member of the Scientology staff, and she would be audited for it. This began with her very first words to him, “Very well done,” regarding his receiving Scientology’s Freedom Medal of Valor. The phrase implied that Cruise was her junior. According to the knowledgeable source, Boniadi also offended Scientology chief David Miscavige, who speaks rapidly, because she kept saying, “Excuse me?” when she was entertaining him and his wife during a visit to Telluride. In Scientology, the ability to have your communication “land” is crucial. Boniadi was excoriated by Cruise for disrespecting Miscavige. (A representative for Miscavige told Vanity Fair, “Mr. Miscavige doesn’t remember any girlfriend of anyone, in his entire life, insulting him.”)

According to Orth, Boniadi was in love with Cruise, but the intensity of his affection, especially his predilection for public displays, overwhelmed her. “I get more love from an extra than I get from you,” the actor reportedly complained. Every day Boniadi spent two to three hours purging herself of “negative thoughts about Tom.” She felt completely shut off; her only source of money was a credit card issued in the name of Cruise’s production company.

Following the alleged episode with Miscavige, Cruise barely acknowledged Boniadi, though she had moved into his house and they shared a bedroom. By the third week in January, she was asked to move into Scientology’s Celebrity Centre. Boniadi was told that Cruise “wants someone with her own power—like Nicole.” When she asked why Cruise would not break up with her himself, she was told he was not to be disturbed. A Scientology official allegedly told her, by way of explanation, “Naz, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink.”

When a friend at a Scientology center in Florida, where Boniadi was subsequently sent, asked why she was crying all the time, Boniadi broke down and told her about her relationship with Cruise, which she had been forbidden to do. According to the knowledgeable source, the friend reported her. Boniadi’s punishment was to scrub toilets with a toothbrush, clean bathroom tiles with acid, and dig ditches in the middle of the night. After that she was sent out to sell Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard’s Dianetics on street corners. (A Scientology spokesperson responds: “The Church does not punish people, especially in [that] manner.”)

Orth also reveals:

According to several sources, Scientology made secret videotapes of Tom Cruise’s audits. (Scientology denies that Cruise’s audits were ever taped.)
David Miscavige’s alleged indiscretions with audit reports of high-profile Scientologists. (Scientology representatives insist that Miscavige has always “rigorously upheld the sanctity and confidentiality of ministerial communications.”)
Katie Holmes’s pre-nuptial agreement with Cruise, negotiated by her father, Martin, a divorce lawyer, reportedly filled five Bankers Boxes.
Martin Holmes’s concerns about keeping his daughter from Scientology’s clutches before Suri was born.
Why Cruise and Nicole Kidman’s children, Bella and Connor, were estranged from their mother.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise   Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise Empty

Back to top Go down

Katie Holmes divorcing Tom Cruise
Page 1 of 1