More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

[POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)

Go down 
+16
Louis Armstrong
Makeshift Python
Fairbairn-Sykes
tiffanywint
Jack Wade
Hilly
Prisoner Monkeys
Control
lachesis
MBalje
The White Tuxedo
James Bond
Largo's Shark
Harmsway
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Gravity's Silhouette
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

[POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:21 am

tiffanywint wrote:
The White Tuxedo wrote:
I guess we can ditch the spoiler tags? laugh I'd welcome that!

In that spirit, and I don't think I am spoiling anything here anyway, I think if his name is Robin, then he's probably being set-up to be a potential Robin. It all seems to fit, especially if he has access to the Batcave and its secrets. All it would take is for Bruce Wayne to return and the dynamic duo is good to go.

Yes, as I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not totally convinced Bale is done for. He says that now, but if WB could get Jonathan Nolan to write and direct, Bale might come back as Bruce to mentor Robin, and Bale wouldn't feel like a complete sell-out or that he's being unfaithful to Christopher.

I'd love to see Harley Quinn brought in. Maybe The Riddler. I would also like to see a better version of The Scarecrow. There's a variety of ways this series can continue without totally restarting.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:34 am

Right, there is no need for another re-boot.

I did read in an interview with Bale, published in the Toronto Sun this week, that Bale was at least open to returning to the role, but the series can and would continue without Bale. Batman is too big a moneymaker. It's not leaving the cinema anytime soon. But that's rather obvious I think.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:41 am

Jack Wade wrote:
Spoiler:
That's probably the biggest barrier to making it happen, but if the studios want to continue in the Nolanverse, they're going to have to run with it. And it may be what they need to do to keep up with Marvel. Marvel brought all their franchises together under one umbrella. DC might push to explore the ideas Nolan left hanging with the ending of RISES.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:53 am

tiffanywint wrote:

I actually quite look forward to another version of Batman. There's quite enough material to work with to keep it fresh.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 12:41 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 12:49 am

tiffanywint wrote:

I did read in an interview with Bale, published in the Toronto Sun this week, that Bale was at least open to returning to the role, but the series can and would continue without Bale. Batman is too big a moneymaker. It's not leaving the cinema anytime soon. But that's rather obvious I think.

I think some of the "fan-boys" (like Harry Knowles over at AICN) feel as if they've been punk'd by Nolan because he vowed Robin would never be a part of his Batman films, and yet not only set up a fourth potential Batman/Nightwing movie with Robin as the lead character, but he introduced Robin as a full-fledged, fleshed-out character in TDKR right under their noses.

I'm not in the anti-Robin camp. Nolan's films made the compelling argument quite well that Batman is just a symbol, so really anybody could put on the suit or a suit. Why not bring John Drake aka Robin into it and make him Nightwing? Gordon-Levitt has gotten terrific reviews for his performance; reminds me of a younger Keanu Reeves in SPEED. JGL wouldn't have been the first person I would have thought of to play the role and carry the franchise onward, but he was great. If you're Warner Brothers why waste this opportunity that Nolan has given you? I'm not real sure that there's strong sentiment for another "reboot" of this series just yet, especially so soon after Spider-Man and Man of Steel. In fact, Spider-Man's reboot has been successful, but not gang-busters, and well have to wait and see if MOS is a hit or a POS. Perhaps Warner Brothers will wait and see what happens with MAN OF STEEL before moving forward.

But yeah, I'm totally in the Robin Camp on this one. Let's move on and do Nightwing. Have Bale come back in a supporting role for the next one; Help refine Robin's fighting skills. Bankroll Robin's alter-ego with new weapons. Bring in a few of the unused villains so far: Harley Quinn, Killer Croc, Manbat, Clayface, The Ventriloquist, or bring back Freeze, Riddler or Poison Ivy with new spins on them. I think the fan-girls who are weeping and wetting their diaper at the thought of Nightwing continuing the series are the ones with the truly limited visions.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Anyone else think a Batman movie that feels like the "Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City" video games would be neat? It might not be a particularly revolutionary take on Batman but I think those games capture the universe pretty well. Obviously you wouldn't be able to fit all the characters into one film -- these games have the benefit of being so long that they can afford to fit every villain into one game -- but I think they nail what Batman is supposed to feel like.
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 8:56 am

You didn't see the paralelles betwee RISES and CITY?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm talking about the environment and feel of it.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Anyone else think a Batman movie that feels like the "Arkham Asylum" and "Arkham City" video games would be neat? It might not be a particularly revolutionary take on Batman but I think those games capture the universe pretty well. Obviously you wouldn't be able to fit all the characters into one film -- these games have the benefit of being so long that they can afford to fit every villain into one game -- but I think they nail what Batman is supposed to feel like.

I've thought as much, though I've never played the game. I'd love to see a very tradional, straight-forward take on Batman. I'd still like to see the Hush story that I mentioned, and see a tone somewhere between THE ANIMATED SERIES and BLADE RUNNER. A kind of gothic-noir-punk feel.

If someone tries to do gritty and serious it'll be a nightmare. I think the Nolan road was traveled for all the mileage it was worth. Why do we need to focus on the logistics of Batman putting a suit together or where he gets all those cool toys? The story and motivations are what should be grounded. If they are, people will buy anything.
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 5:38 am

So, whom would you cast in the main roles of Bruce Wayne, Alfred, and Gordon?

I might go with an obvious choice like Bryan Cranston for Gordon. Start him out as a Commissioner since Cranston is in his 50's. Make him a vet who's trying to clean up a dirty force.

Maybe Ben Whishaw for Alfred.
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:34 pm

As there's no bat chance in Hell:

Bruce: Alexander Siddig
Alfred: Michael Gambon
Gordon: Jurgen Prachnow

as you were
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Siddig as Batman!? What are you smoking? laugh
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm

The White Tuxedo wrote:
Siddig as Batman!? What are you smoking? laugh

And your ideas make sense most times. As I said, it's a 'devil may care, couldn't give a damn, not going to happen' thing hence Siddig. Hell, you pick on that but not Jurgen Prochnow. I'll use the laughing my ass off emoticon but will settle for this :*sm*:

It's fantasy, it's Batman, it's immaterial :)
Back to top Go down
The White Tuxedo
00 Agent
00 Agent
The White Tuxedo

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:05 am

"Our Man Batman"

Hey, it solves the riddle of what to call the next Batflick!
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 am

Hilly wrote:

[POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 MFW

Last edited by Jack Wade on Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:20 am

Since I'm not a dedicated Bat-fan, I was wondering what some of the fans might think of these ideas:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:30 am

I'd to see a BATMAN film not based on any post-1986 comics, and that includes Miller, Loeb, and the rest of those cynical hacks.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:39 am

Well, that basically leaves Golden Age Batman, which is pretty much what Burton did in his first movie, Silver Age Batman, which is pretty much the Adam West version, or Bronze Age Batman, which is basically the Bruce Timm animated version.

There's a part of me that does kinda wish they'd just let the franchise lie for a bit, like it did after B&R. But I know that WB isn't about to do that, so the next film will probably be a rushed mess, a la the recent Spider-Man movie.

Last edited by Fairbairn-Sykes on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://goldenagebat.blogspot.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:43 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
Bronze Age Batman, which is basically the Bruce Timm animated version.

I know, but I'd love to see a live action equivalent.
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 am

I'm surprised that no one at WB has figured out to just give the animation guys a chance to do a big budget live action thing. They've always been producing superior work.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:53 am

I'm thinking something based on some of the O'Neil/Adams comics. They were always of a high quality..
Back to top Go down
Fairbairn-Sykes
Head of Station
Head of Station
Fairbairn-Sykes

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:00 am

A lot of that was mined into BATMAN BEGINS, with globetrotting Bruce and Ra's al Ghul. I think their version of the Joker would feel dated after Ledger's. Their version of Batman really led the charge into the darker Batman that we still have today. I'm not sure you could do anything with that material and have it feel like anything other than a throwback after Nolan's version. I'd rather just watch MASK OF THE PHANTASM.

That's the thing, I feel like there needs to be some good, new material created in the actual comics otherwise it's just gonna feel like the same stuff mined over and over again. Grant Morrison's recent run (Batman #655-Batman Incorporated #21) is the best, freshest, new material, but it's extremely post-modernist stuff to try to work into a film's storyline.

Any take on Batman following Nolan is either going to feel like a cheap copy or a rushed product. What WB wants is something that is as popular as Nolan's (and therefore similar), yet can work in a combined DC universe so that they can make a Justice League movie.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 am

Fairbairn-Sykes wrote:
I'm surprised that no one at WB has figured out to just give the animation guys a chance to do a big budget live action thing. They've always been producing superior work.

No kidding. If WB is interested in getting the ball rolling like MARVEL, they should look no further than the people at DC Entertainment. But they're extremely hesitant about making live action stuff. I guess I can understand that after SUPERMAN RETURNS, WATCHMEN, JONAH HEX and GREEN LANTERN all under-performing. BATMAN seems to be their only real surefire.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Hilly wrote:
[POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 MFW

You stay classy. :afro:

I'll edit this to make it look superb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)   [POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[POTENTIAL TDKR SPOILERS] Batman Reboot (2015)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: Film News & Film Discussion-
Jump to: