More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con

Go down 
+6
James Bond
Largo's Shark
Control
Napoleon Solo
Makeshift Python
Jack Wade
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con Empty
PostSubject: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:39 am

https://twitter.com/IMAX/status/222518762606301185

Quote :
JUST ANNOUNCED! A never-before-seen @007 ‪#Skyfall‬ exclusive will follow the @glennmorrison performance during ‪#IMAXremix‬ on 7/12 at ‪#SDCC‬!
That's Thursday. Wonder if it will make its way online. Or maybe it will screen with The Dark Knight Rises?
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:53 am

I like how EON is taking advantage of stuff like this now. Would love to see some footage at the IMAX TDKR sreenings.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:34 am

Makeshift Python wrote:
I like how EON is taking advantage of stuff like this now. Would love to see some footage at the IMAX TDKR sreenings.

Over on another message board, it was once opined that it would be nice if Eon would take advantage of such new promotional outlets. That generated a lot of posts about how Bond is above all that.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:39 am

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:

Over on another message board, it was once opined that it would be nice if Eon would take advantage of such new promotional outlets. That generated a lot of posts about how Bond is above all that.

That makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:18 am

laugh

They clearly live in their own little fantasy worlds because anyone in their right mind would accept the fact that EON will use any promotional outlet to make an extra buck on a new Bond flick.

Last edited by Control on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Napoleon Solo
'R'
'R'
Napoleon Solo

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 1:44 pm

Control wrote:
laugh

They clearly live in their own little fantasy worlds because anyone in their right mind would accept the fact that EON will use any promotional outlet to make an extra buck on a new Bond flick.

Sample comment from the thread, which was on MI6:

//The 007 franchise doesn't need the hype, or the money. It can sustain itself without the ridiculous (and sometimes tasteless) marketing tactics used by the THE DARK KNIGHT. Since when did Bond fans become a bunch of yuppies? Since when did Bond become such as soulless corporate enterprise?//

To be fair, in the same thread there was support for such marketing techniques.

Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Sample comment from the thread, which was on MI6:

//The 007 franchise doesn't need the hype, or the money. It can sustain itself without the ridiculous (and sometimes tasteless) marketing tactics used by the THE DARK KNIGHT. Since when did Bond fans become a bunch of yuppies? Since when did Bond become such as soulless corporate enterprise?//

That was me. :*sm*:
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Quote :
"The 007 franchise doesn't need the hype, or the money."
IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con Cubby-10
*FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRT*
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Details on yesterday's "Skyfall" trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56982
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Interesting. I can't wait to see it.

The only thing bothering me was: "They are obviously setting up this new Q in more of a Simon Pegg/Mission: Impossible way..."

I think it was obvious that this was going to happen. Hopefully they pull it off, because most (if not all) of the Pegg banter in MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE III was just downright stupid. But, that was a movie directed by J.J. Abrams, after all.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 pm

Pegg's character worked much better in GHOST PROTOCOL, and that was all due to the script not being written by Orci and Kurtzman.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 6:59 pm

I think I must be one of the very few who is liking nu-Q so far. Okay he might be too young to be playing 'Major Boothroyd' but this isn't the same Q from the Bond of old. I am glad and relieved that they have hired a younger actor as Q rather than simply attempt to copy from Desmond Llewelyn's portrayal of the character because we all know well that nobody will ever come close to him so why bother trying to copy him? The banter which we now know made me chuckle and as long as he is not too similar to Simon Pegg's character in the 'Mission Impossible' films then I am a happy camper all round :)

Lets just hope that nu-MI6 (Ralph Fiennes, nu-Moneypenny, Ben Whishaw, Rory Kinnear) are as good and as long-running as the Bernard Lee, Lois Maxwell & Desmond Llewelyn set-up we had all the way back in the 1960s and the 1970s.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Makeshift Python wrote:
Pegg's character worked much better in GHOST PROTOCOL...

Agreed, but I still don't think EON needs to rip off the M:I franchise. It's only a good model if you're looking to make money.

Oh... well...
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Details on yesterday's "Skyfall" trailer:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56982

Sounds good, so far. The bit about...

Spoiler:

...is some news I don't think we've heard about yet. Although it's not a terribly original plot point, it looks like it could be a nod to The Living Daylights, in some way. The humor also sounds encouraging, as does the references to a more Asian feel. I also like what they're doing with nu-Q. There could be a great dynamic between those two if it's done right.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Control wrote:
Makeshift Python wrote:
Pegg's character worked much better in GHOST PROTOCOL...

Agreed, but I still don't think EON needs to rip off the M:I franchise. It's only a good model if you're looking to make money.

Oh... well...

I could go down Main Street in any major international city and randomly interview hundreds of people and I can guarantee you here and now that most people will not know or remember one thing about Simon Pegg or his character from the Mission Impossible series, which in and of itself is a rip-off of the Bond series. I've had bowel movements that were more interesting than those films.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm

The theatrical trailer runs for 3:01 so thankfully not too long and hopefully not too spoilerific. The trailer is also rated PG although the film itself will almost undoubtebly be rated 12A.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/ETxxx289704/
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 4:51 am

dr. strangelove wrote:
The bit about...

Spoiler:

...is some news I don't think we've heard about yet. Although it's not a terribly original plot point
Could make for an interesting way to introduce Blofeld:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 5:51 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
dr. strangelove wrote:
The bit about...

Spoiler:

...is some news I don't think we've heard about yet. Although it's not a terribly original plot point
Could make for an interesting way to introduce Blofeld:
Spoiler:

Don't tease. The man-with-the-cat coming back woudl be double-plus awesome!
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 6:02 am

tiffanywint wrote:
Don't tease. The man-with-the-cat coming back woudl be double-plus awesome!
The downside of it is that it's a little too much like Moriarty in "Sherlock".

Of course, "Raoul Silva" could be an alias for Ernesto Santos y Blofeld, a re-imagining of Ernst Stavro Blofeld to account for Javier Bardem in the role. That would require Bardem to play the part long-term, though, and I don't think he's interested in that.
Back to top Go down
James Bond
'R'
'R'
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 9:31 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:
The downside of it is that it's a little too much like Moriarty in "Sherlock".

But what is wrong with Bond having a recurring 'Moriatry'-type nemesis such as 'Blofeld', he was as such back in the Sean Connery and George Lazenby days and it worked wonderfully. Personally I think that it would add another side to the Bond series and help to finally 'complete' the series post-CR alongside the gunbarell sequence, Moneypenny, and the "Shaken not stirred"Q line (amongst other things).

Although I would not get your hopes up for SF, if Blofeld really was to return in it we woud have bound to have heard something about it by now (even if just a scene of him stroking his pussy in the trailer laugh ).
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:10 am

I have no problems with Blofeld being a recurring charcter. It's the way he re-occurs that might be a problem:
Spoiler:
This is effectively what Moriarty does in "Sherlock". He is a self-styled 'consulting criminal', who helps various criminals and would-be criminals plan and execute their schemes. Blofeld should not be like this. If he was to be re-introduced, then his backstory could be updated, but I think he should take a more-active role in the proceedings.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Sign me up for any movement demanding the return of Blofeld, Spectre and Cat. And I do include cat. No cat and it doesn't count.

IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con Square_140_Blofeld-cat-james-bond
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 1:30 am

Some quotes from Cb.ners who've caught the new trailer.

Quote :
Don't mean to disappoint but it's really all a blur right now. What really stands out in my mind, not to sound repetitive, is just the scope and scale of it all. The wide shot of the fistfight on top of the train and the surrounding terrain just blew my mind. "The Line" is such an awesome moment and the deliver by Craig is just too cool.

A really cool part was when Bond is speaking to Severine and says "I'd like to meet your employer" to which she replies "Be careful what you wish for, Mr.Bond." in a very old school, Bond femme fatale type of way. All the locations look stunning and the action appears to blow all the other Bond films out of the water.

Another part that I found amusing was the fact that whatever list M loses with all the agents info on it gets uploaded to Youtube. Everybody in the theater started chuckling.
Quote :

- Shower scene between Bond and Severine looks very sensual, with an obscured nude shot of Severine behind the shower door. Glad to see they're bringing back some of that sexiness to the films.

- One of the final shots of the trailer (the final shot?) showed the helicopter approaching Skyfall manor at twilight.

Quote :
A few other shots that have since popped into my head:

- We see Bond and Eve behind the wheel of a Jeep/Land Rover and the black Jaguar involved in a chase, zipping around corners in close contact with other cars and pedestrians. I presume this is from the PTS?

- A shot of Patrice on his motorcycle.

- Lots of shots of Bond on his motorcycle.

- I don't recall seeing Silva, but I might've just not recognized him.

- Bond chasing down Patrice/Silva in the congested London underground.

- Classic Bondian shot of what I believe was an end of a train carriage being blown open and Bond landing inside, then casually adjusting his wristwatch. Reminded me of Bond adjusting his tie underwater in TWINE.

- A scene in which Ralph Fiennes' character is dressing down M in his office.

- Tanner has a line, but I can't recall exactly what it was.

- Shot of Bond and M looking out over Skyfall in Scotland, and another far shot of the DB5 racing along a long country road.

- It looked like Bond was meeting Q in some sort of art gallery.

- A beautiful shot of the Shangai skyline at night.

Quote :
My friend going to see The Dark Knight Rises today, and he just texted me...

"When the Sky falls, the world needs Bond to hold it."

I guess this is the tag line?

Quote :
Just got back from The Dark Knight Rises in Imax. Skyfall Trailer was AMAZING!!! The scale, the scope, everything about it was just perfect. It looks like a throwback to the fun, epic scale Bond films of the 60's & 70's but with a 2012 hard-edge. Hope it gets released online soon so I can watch it again!

Quote :
I really get a great vibe from the trailer. It really appears to be (at least visually) on a whole 'nother level from what we've seen in a while. A real throwback to the days of Cubby's pre-FYEO mentality of throwing everything and the kitchen sink into a movie.

Quote :

For instance, the first scene is Bond finding the dead body of Ronson and discovering the hard drive has been stolen from his laptop, and M/Tanner telling him an extraction team is on the way, to which he replies they're too bloody late - leading to the opening chase. Some of the stunts on the train were jaw dropping, particularly a shot of Bond and Patrice diving to avoid an impending tunnel.

The major thing that struck me is the visual appearance. It looks truly stunning and I had to remind myself that this is a Bond movie. Each location has a distinctive hue to the scenes, which give a sense of the exotic and really emphasises the natural surroundings. Absolutely no need to worry that the movie is grey and London-bound.

I'm going to have a further think about things to report without repeating others too much, but please ask questions in the meantime and I'll do my best to answer. It was a real treat, and it got a great reception in the cinema.

Quote :
Ah yes, the Q scene got a decent laugh in the cinema. The dialogue is from the art gallery and it's clearly the first time they've met. - "I'm your quartermaster" - "You must be joking". That's followed by the pyjama dialogue and a witty response from Bond. They then both laugh and refer to the other as 007 and 'Q' respectively. Looks a great introductory scene to their relationship.

"Bond, James Bond" also got a nice ripple through the cinema. Nicely delivered to Severine as she smokes a cigarette(!) and they stand chatting on the Macau casino balcony. He later gets carnal with her in the shower of what I believe is her yacht. There's a bit of dialogue where he asks to meet her employer, and she says he should be careful what he wishes for, or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
dr. strangelove
'R'
'R'
dr. strangelove

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:47 am

Why the fuck is this not online yet?
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 am

dr. strangelove wrote:
Why the fuck is this not online yet?

laugh

Same thing I thought upon entering this thread again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con   IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con Empty

Back to top Go down

IMAX to screen exclusive Skyfall trailer at Comic-Con
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Bond :: The Bond Films: Reviews, Ratings & Discussion :: Skyfall (2012) :: Marketing, Box Office and Merchandise-
Jump to: