More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Worst names ever

Go down 
+16
saint mark
Largo's Shark
Blunt Instrument
Makeshift Python
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Control
AMC Hornet
CJB
Prisoner Monkeys
Hilly
Jack Wade
Ravenstone
Drax
bitchcraft
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 5:19 pm

We should start a list of the worst names you have ever come across, whether in real life or maybe someone famous or semi-famous. I'll get the ball rolling.

Let's start with Destinee Hooker. Do I even need to tell you what this girl looks like with the name Destinee? Shockingly enough, she didn't grow up to be a hooker just yet, but she's on the U.S. Indoor Volleyball Olympic Team.

Keith Keith. His first name was Keith, and his family's last name was Keith. :roll:

Dick Trickle: Retired NASCAR driver (granted, his birth name was Richard, but didn't they think even back in 1941 that people might use the shortened form of Richard, "Dick"? Maybe they were much more innocent and naive back then).

Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 6:26 pm

I always thought Beyonce was pretty idiotic. Certainly hasn't held her back, though.

Shaquille is not a whole lot better.

Then there's former Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

In general, I don't have much use for names that parents just pull out of their rectum and slap on their unsuspecting infants.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:09 pm

One of my fave singers, Dido, wasn't too thrilled with how her parents named her....

Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle O'Malley Armstrong. She claimed Florian is a man's name too.

You don't see many Dido's around...if any others exist. Not to mention it's too close to Dildo, or Dodo.

I'd also have great difficulty calling my son Zowie (Bowie) or Ziggy (Marley) or John (just too fucking common).

One of the guys from Duran Duran changed his surname from Bates to Rhodes...cuz in school they'd refer to him as Master Bates...
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:27 pm

IIRC, Dido was a Carthagenian goddess. Pretty heady lineage there. Still, it doesn't work too well in the Anglophone world.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Location : Slicing my enemies limb from limb into quivering bloody sushi.

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 pm

There's a guy in Vancouver named Harry Sack.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Named after his old man, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Drax wrote:
There's a guy in Vancouver named Harry Sack.

There's a YouTube video of a local newscast covering a story involving the naming/renaming of a street or center after a former mayor, Harry Ballz. What's amazing about the newscast is how deadly serious the reporter and both anchors are. Never once do they crack up, as the reporter mentions that the word "ballz" didn't have the same connotation in the 40's as it does today. There is simply no way I could have done that story without losing it.

This story involves a woman named Chardonnay Hooker:
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-cliff-survivor06,0,6763025.photo

There's also Blanket Jackson and Apple Paltrow.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:31 pm

I see lots of names in my job, mainly completely bizarre names given to children.

For example -

Thonglean
Zuz
Jagz

Then there's the "let's spell it wrong to look cool" brigade - although I may be being charitable there. Maybe they just spell it wrong because they can't spell.

Deezyl
Kyrhen
Kirun (Ciaran seems to be the most mis-spelled name going - there's several variations)
Khloee

Then there's the absolutely bizarre -

Bouqui
Che-Che

And the one that will always win any 'Stupid Name' competition hands down -

Kum.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

The end times are upon us.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Maybe it's the non-Britishness in me but Benedict Cumberbatch is a terrible name. It almost sounds like his parents wanted to purposely give him a name that's a caricature of British names. Reminds me of Hubert Cumberdale from Salad Fingers.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Although anything tagged onto 'Cumberbatch' is going to suffer. I think they went the right way by embracing it.

A chap I work with went to school with twin boys, both called Benedict.

A couple we know 'phoned us up to announce the birth of one of their children. 'Imself asked the name, and was told "Honeysuckle". His reply - "No - really...."

:D

But then they went on to have a son rejoicing in the names Montgomery Benedict Brunel.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 10:56 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Maybe it's the non-Britishness in me but Benedict Cumberbatch is a terrible name. It almost sounds like his parents wanted to purposely give him a name that's a caricature of British names. Reminds me of Hubert Cumberdale from Salad Fingers.

I think of Benedict Arnold when I hear the name. I think it's too much of a mouthful.

Michael Fassbender had a very unique name, but I suspect he was called "assbender" or simply "bender" in school. Looks like he's getting the last laugh.
Back to top Go down
Ravenstone
Head of Station
Head of Station
Ravenstone

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyWed Jul 11, 2012 11:22 pm

Well, you can't do much about surnames, but the first names people give their kids should certainly be subject to some kind of 'stupidity test'.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:06 am

Worst names ever 1985to11
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:39 am

Drax wrote:
Worst names ever 1985to11

we have a winner
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 am

I was having a discussion about this with some of the other teachers at school a few weeks ago. They've seen some weird ones - though they might have been having me on - like "La-a", which is pronounced "Ladasha". And "Shithead", which is pronounced "Shertheed".

The weirdest one I've come across is "Jackson", spelt "Jaxon". Although I tend to find that students with certain names - rather than weird names - tend to be difficult in general (though I have no idea why this might be). I've never had a good Jayden, Ethan or Blake in any of my classes.

I also met a "Jarmin" once, but his full name was "Benjamin" - when he was in primary school, there were two kids with the same name, so naturally one became "Ben" and the other became "Jarmin".
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 2:46 am

In my experience, guys named Chad have almost always been punks.
Back to top Go down
CJB
00 Agent
00 Agent
CJB

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:18 am

Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

The weirdest one I've come across is "Jackson", spelt "Jaxon".

Parents who rape names with bogan misspellings should probably be jailed.

Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:21 am

Perilagu Khan wrote:
In my experience, guys named Chad have almost always been punks.
The few Chads I have know have always been treated as a running joke.
Back to top Go down
AMC Hornet
Head of Station
Head of Station
AMC Hornet

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:37 am

What about perfectly respectable names with one letter too many, like 'Dwayne' & 'Floyd'?

No wonder The Rock used a pseudonym - but why change it back?
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 am

It could be worse. I was reading an article in some magazine once that said a lot of people don't like "Nevaeh", which is "Heaven" spelled backwards. 'Virtue' names like "Hope" and "Destiny" were also poorly-received, as were hyphenated names, particularly those ending with "-Lee" and "-Lynn".

I can't remember what the worst ones for boys were.
Back to top Go down
Drax
'R'
'R'
Drax

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo8CrY_ZfFk
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 5:38 am

CJB wrote:
Prisoner Monkeys wrote:

The weirdest one I've come across is "Jackson", spelt "Jaxon".

Parents who rape names with bogan misspellings should probably be jailed.

laugh laugh laugh

Blue Ivy is another stupid fucking name.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:16 am

I really loathe the name Siobhan. I mean really. The structure and phonetics don't match for starters, and secondly it just sounds terrible!

My cousin named her son Jax. :|
Back to top Go down
Prisoner Monkeys
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Prisoner Monkeys

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:42 am

FieldsMan wrote:
I really loathe the name Siobhan. I mean really. The structure and phonetics don't match for starters, and secondly it just sounds terrible!
I think it can be excused, since it's a Gaelic name. It's a bit like "Niamh", which is pronounced "neev".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worst names ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst names ever   Worst names ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst names ever
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next