These forums may contain mild adult content and are not associated with EON, Sony or any other companies and do not reflect their views.

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Basic Code Of Conduct?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:50 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Many of the more intelligent members have abandoned ship already.

I'm a bit concerned with Ryan/Harms's absence. I PM'd him a week ago but he hasn't logged in since. I'll try and send him an email.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 am

He removed his avatar, the gentleman's sign of disapproval. I think he found the political threads odious and I don't think they have any place here. They seemed to attract entirely the wrong type of member.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:55 am

FieldsMan wrote:
EDIT: Having gone through the book thread that all of this started in, I have to say that no, I don't need the support of other mods on this one, because I am big enough to stand up on my own two feet. That said, I don't think you are. A few members backed up SM in that post - including other longstanding contributors - but no one for you. Now you're trying to find an issue with the management of this place so that it can cover your mistake and project it onto someone else. SM was not doing anything wrong by promoting his site. In fact, he brought in a member from there. The fact is that this forum was created to get away from the childish restrictions placed upon by James Page at MI6. In a singular post you managed to attack SM as well as the mods here. Granted, SM needed to grow thicker skin and his subsequent posts were completely misguided and absolutely warranted his suspension. But you don't need to project your mistake onto me.

It seems that you're trying to create an issue with me so I get overturned, and so you can be promoted to a moderating position. With your behaviour and track record, I wouldn't want that. You're a great member and a great contributor, but you aren't fit to moderate.

Oh dear. Only just seen this edit and it hardly seems worth replying to now, but for the record, I'm not trying to be a moderator. I was one, remember, and asked to be removed because I edit publications for a living so don't wish to do that sort of thing in my spare time. I do have a good idea of how a place like this should be managed, however, and it pains me to see it being run into the ground.

As for sillhouetteman's lovely posts, I assume you did not read his text too closely. Not only were many of the posts cut and pasted from his blog, ajb and mi6community (actions which we rightly called out J7 for), in some of them he didn't even bother to change the forum name. That's why you'll find posts here where he refers to B&B as ajb. Now, I like to think if someone was going to make duplicate posts all across the Bond community they would at least have the courtesy to get the forums' names right. However, that's because I actually care about how this forum is perceived rather than my own position in it.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 am

I am fine with copying and pasting a post from another forum to start a discussion on a different forum. as long as it's by the original author (which j7 violated too much) and that the post is altered to reflect the different forum. As long as the member continues to interact with other members on the topics I think it's fair game. SM did but it wasn't much. I don't think it was too much of an issue in my opinion but Ambler was free to express his thoughts on that matter and if SM was too much of a tool to handle such fair criticism then too bad.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:49 am

Yeah, my comment about SM was only an aside. If I'd known thermonuclear war would break out I wouldn't have made it. I forget how sensitive people are: in journalism 'fuck off' is what we say instead of 'good morning'.
Back to top Go down
M
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:12 am

Erica Ambler wrote:

In future, I think it would be better if such offending sections were split off into the moderators area. That way the evidence is preserved, but it doesn't remain in public view.

That's exactly what should be done from now on. Because all I can read here is an argument, and can make no judgement on whether FieldsMan acted correctly or incorrectly because the offensive evidence has been wiped.

I'll say this much, though: If people think they know so much about what's right and wrong with the forums and how to make the correct choice of action in a crisis, then please kindly step forward and request to become moderators. We'd much rather have you on the pitch than shouting from the turnstiles. With the amount of moderators we already have here, it's not a difficult thing to do to accept a Moderator position. There's not much work involved because the load is so widely split, plus it means you can put your money where your mouth is when things go wrong.

This "Shark Pool" might as well be full access if it wasn't for the mass visible infighting in here, because practically everybody who posts regularly here has access to this section anyway.

I might not be present here as much as I'd like to be, and that is mostly because of personal commitments, but it's also partly because I trust the assigned moderators to keep things in check, which by and large they do. But occasionally stuff like this argument happens and it's difficult for members, moderators and myself to choose sides or stand up and make a tough and potentially controversial call because some members/mods carry more influence on the boards here than others. One solution to this problem might be to reassign moderators solely to the sections to which they're best suited and where infighting won't flare up over moderating decisions. This is something I'm going to spend the next hour taking a really close look at, and I'll PM people over any decisions I come to. Because right now, we're filling up dead time with arguments in here instead of using imagination to propel the main boards further, and any more infighting in here will just end up with us losing even more quality members.
Back to top Go down
http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:50 am

FWIW, my feeling is that there are too many moderators not too few.
Back to top Go down
M
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:33 am

Yet, despite our moderator list being near enough in double figures, we still end up with a much-valued member getting provoked enough to go on a rampaging swearathon, resulting in him being banned?

Ambler, I really wish you'd just accept a mod position and, despite past controversies, I still have more than enough faith in Sharky to be a mod again if everyone agreed to it.
Back to top Go down
http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:47 am

Despite that daft business last year, I think Shark would be an excellent mod.

As for the much valued sillhouetteman, his reaction seemed crazily disproportionate to me. I'm installing new window locks and doubling my security detail just in case.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:05 am

If M does that, I pledge to no longer bitch about culling mods once promoted, otherwise I'd be one hypocritical bellend. I probably am already, but just less so.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:40 am

At the moment there are more mods here than there are posts per day.

Very awkward.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:32 am

Despite the duplicate affair (which Sharky admitted to, owned, and gave up his modship as punishment) I'm perfectly fine with Sharky being remodded because he truly has gone above and beyond to get this place going more often than not.

Couple of times I said there should be a maximum number of mods, more than that is just unnecessary especially since we still have mods that have either left (Gravity) or hardly post at all for awhile (Louis Armstrong). If there needs to be five, here's my nominations.

FieldsMan - Despite his handling of SM, I'm willing to give him a shot. Learn from his mistakes, ect.
Hilly - He's done a fantastic job lately for obvious reasons.
Python - Well, I've already said enough about wanting to help out.
The White Tuxedo - He only hangs out at the General Film/TV section nowadays but always kept things there neat.
Sharky - I'm all for him back as a mod. The duplicate accounts were unfortunate, but he's owned up IMO.

For the rest of the mods, I exclude the rest from the list because some are no longer active and that a minimum of five means some have to be unmodded out of necessity. Of course, this is again M's call. I'm just putting in my thoughts on how the mod section should be compressed.

Also, get rid of section mods. Global mods are all we really need, not everyone has to be a policeman.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:42 am

Few observations, some relating to Python's list:

Tux - I know he's your mate and all, but he's hardly here these days. Axe.

Tiffinywint - now to be found posting on MI6community. Axe.

Retrokitty - don't know if she's still a mod, but if so she shouldn't be as she's only here one night a year. Axe.

Fieldsman - says there's no problem with the forum, indicates severe sensory deprivation. Axe.

Hilly, Python and Sharky know that there's work to be done here and have demonstrated their loyalty to the forum. They'll make an excellent nucleus.

Erica Di Canio

Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 am

blimey, I've not seen my name (alter name at least) praised so much since I did...whatever...

But in seriousness, I don't mind kicking about but I don't think Kitts was a mod to begin with. Or maybe she was at some stage. Thought she'd hang around longer after Oscar night.

And I don't mind seeing Sharky return. As said above he's atoned for his sins and has the place's best intentions at heart.

TJ Hilly.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:49 am

Maybe Vix was only moderator for Bottoms Up. That place certainly needs to pull its knickers up.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:51 am

Still is. Its moderators are the following:

Lazenby., FieldsMan, The White Tuxedo, retrokitty, Hilly, Ravenstone, Python, Louis Armstrong, Perilagu Khan, tiffanywint, Gravity's Silhouette, M
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:52 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Still is. Its moderators are the following:

Lazenby., FieldsMan, The White Tuxedo, retrokitty, Hilly, Ravenstone, Python, Louis Armstrong, Perilagu Khan, tiffanywint, Gravity's Silhouette, M

Strewth. The Rogues Gallery.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:54 am

That's ridiculous. More mods than posters.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:56 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
Retrokitty - don't know if she's still a mod, but if so she shouldn't be as she's only here one night a year. Axe.

I think she's a section mod, and there are a lot of them, to which I say axe. Here's the list of the global mods:

http://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com/g2-moderators

Also, why is SM's name on there? Made an error there when banning him, M?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:57 am

Python wrote:
I think she's a section mod, and there are a lot of them, to which I say axe. Here's the list of the global mods:

[Only mods are allowed to see this link]
Back to top Go down
Hilly KCMG

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:58 am

Largo's Shark wrote:
Python wrote:

[Only mods are allowed to see this link]

Fields, myself, SM, Louis Armstrong, PK, Python, Tux and Tiff
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:59 am

Don't forget GS.
Back to top Go down
Erica Ambler
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 am

SM was a mod? :shock:

I've been away a very long time.

Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:00 am

Didn't realize that was mod-see only. I think that should be open to public, so everyone can have access to who the global mods are.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:01 am

Erica Ambler wrote:
SM was a mod? :shock:

I've been away a very long time.

I think that was a mistake, because he wasn't on that list a few days ago. I assume he was accidentally modded somehow when he got banned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   

Back to top Go down

Basic Code Of Conduct?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bond And Beyond :: Beyond :: General Discussion-
Jump to: