More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Basic Code Of Conduct?

Go down 
+13
Lazenby.
Vesper
Makeshift Python
bitchcraft
Prisoner Monkeys
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Largo's Shark
Hilly
tiffanywint
Perilagu Khan
Gravity's Silhouette
Control
Fort Knox
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
This one is a complete distortion by you of what Tiff suggested earlier in the thread, fuelled by Ambler and myself's recent criticism of the moderating team.

a) It's not a distortion at all, what's distorted about it? Nothing's been distorted whatsoever.
b) Did you have any criticisms of the mod team before you admitted creating multiple accounts and stood down? No. So you can call it criticism, but I'll reserve my own right to call it something else.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Lazenby. wrote:
Largo's Shark wrote:
This one is a complete distortion by you of what Tiff suggested earlier in the thread, fuelled by Ambler and myself's recent criticism of the moderating team.

a) It's not a distortion at all, what's distorted about it? Nothing's been distorted whatsoever.

Have you gone blind?

Tiff just asked against insulting the mods. It was you who added questioning, attempting to undermine and creating division/mistrust..That is the police state "law" Ambler's referring to.

Quote :
It is forbidden for users of these forums to insult, undermine, attempt to undermine, create or attempt to create division and/or mistrust towards or to question or compromise the integrity, suitability or behaviour of moderators or administrators on these forums.

Lazenby. wrote:
b) Did you have any criticisms of the mod team before you admitted creating multiple accounts and stood down? No. So you can call it criticism, but I'll reserve my own right to call it something else.

And I'll reserve the right to call bullshit on that.

Yes, I had private reservations about the moderating team during the j7 debacle, but it wasn't until I had resigned, and Ambler brought it out of the dungeon t felt it was right to speak up. Otherwise it would be have been plain hubris. Me as a mod asking for others to resign for less severe crimes.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Right, so you'll only offer opinions on certain matters once Ambler's there? Come off it, you've never held back your opinions on anything, and everybody here knows that.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:03 pm

Largo's Shark wrote:
Have you gone blind?

Tiff just asked against insulting the mods. It was you who added questioning, attempting to undermine and creating division/mistrust..That is the police state "law" Ambler's referring to.

Yeah, that's addition, not distortion. It's Tiff's request coupled with my additions in light of people slagging off and questioning the ability of some mods here who haven't done much wrong and don't deserve any of this sh*t.

And you and Ambler know me better than to think of it as a "Get out of jail card" for myself. I'll argue the toss about anything, anywhere, anytime over things I care about and you know it. That rule is in place not to shut people up about mods, more just to keep all of this crap in PMs instead of on the forum boards. Some good mods shouldn't be having their heads called for in public when some of them have done f*ck all wrong.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 3:36 pm

The problem is that it doesn't take into account how grossly inefficient the PM system is, especially when addressing groups of people. Tiff also recommended a mod board, and as long as me, Ambler and several other non-mods here who have a vested interested in seeing fairness and justice carried through are invited. That's sounds better.

I'm not happy with this stuff being exposed either. It's demoralising and plain ridiculous, but there must be an alternative to PMs that allows natural free-flowing conversation with more than one person.

Lazenby. wrote:
Right, so you'll only offer opinions on certain matters once Ambler's there? Come off it, you've never held back your opinions on anything, and everybody here knows that.

You don't know what goes in my head. Believe me, I've held opinions back on countless things over here and elsewhere. Just because I can be outspoken and relentless about many things, that doesn't also mean that I don't know when to shut up about others. There's a time and place for everything.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Okay. But how would we justify having a mod room which some non-mods can enter but others can't? Not gonna be easy and it certainly doesn't seem fair.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Simple. Make note of those who've expressed interest in this and the j7wild crisis. Aside from me, Brown and Ambler, that would include members such as Aural, HJackson, Fae (recently), Rave, General Gogol, Prisoner Monkeys, Vesper etc.

If anyone else wants to join, they can PM you.

Though if you all your concerned about is these kind of things being open to the public, then move the "Permission to leave" thread into "Enquiries and Announcements" and hide it from public view, or possibly members with an x number of posts
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Again, I think this is all being taken way too seriously. Apart from a few isolated incidents, the people on this forum know how to behave.
Back to top Go down
Lazenby.
Head of Station
Head of Station
Lazenby.

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Exactly Jack.
Back to top Go down
Perilagu Khan
00 Agent
00 Agent
Perilagu Khan

PostSubject: s   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:30 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Again, I think this is all being taken way too seriously. Apart from a few isolated incidents, the people on this forum know how to behave.

True. But when they misbehave, they reeeeeeeallly misbehave.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Wade is training to be a journalist. Seems he hasn't taken the ethics module yet.
Back to top Go down
Toppers
'R'
'R'
Toppers

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 Keep-calm-and-watch-james-bond

Found this earlier. Seemed relevant.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Erica Ambler wrote:
Wade is training to be a journalist. Seems he hasn't taken the ethics module yet.
This is a message board largely made up of the most mature members of the community. We know what we should and shouldn't do, especially after the j7 debacle, which was also blown out of proportion.

Countless posts and threads picking apart the intricacies of what defines good and bad behavior is excessive. If there are stragglers who haven't learned from that, it's pretty obvious the solution is to punish them. I don't think we need to keep harping on it.

We need to move on. Skyfall is out next month. Let's talk about that instead.
Back to top Go down
bitchcraft
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
bitchcraft

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 am

Lazenby. wrote:
Okay. But how would we justify having a mod room which some non-mods can enter but others can't? Not gonna be easy and it certainly doesn't seem fair.

A Mod room should be for mods and admin only. Has nothing to do with non-mods, they have the rest of the board. Like me.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:28 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

A Mod room should be for mods and admin only. Has nothing to do with non-mods, they have the rest of the board. Like me.

Then forget about it.
Back to top Go down
tiffanywint
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
tiffanywint

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 am

Mrs Aural Sects wrote:
Lazenby. wrote:

Right. Simple, and I'm not being elitist. Its just an order-in-the-universe thing. The section is hidden. No-one would even know it exists, other than mods, and mods aren't likely to use it much either as it wouldn't be a discussion room. It would be for basic housekeeping stuff. The interesting discussions would be in the members suggestion threads etc.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:22 pm

With 8 global mods, do we really need regional mods at all?
Back to top Go down
Fort Knox
Administrator
Administrator
Fort Knox

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:13 pm

:study: Holy shit.

Toppers wrote:
Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 Keep-calm-and-watch-james-bond

Very much so. Some good advice, that.
Back to top Go down
https://bondandbeyond.forumotion.com
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:17 pm

M wrote:
:study: Holy shit.

Toppers wrote:
[Only mods are allowed to see this image]

Very much so. Some good advice, that.

:?:
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:12 am

Accidentally clicked onto this thread thinking it had a new post in it. But I kind of think this section should be limited to mods and admin - if only so we can discuss certain issues on the boards together so I don't stuff up like I did this morning. ;) Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm

FieldsMan wrote:
Accidentally clicked onto this thread thinking it had a new post in it. But I kind of think this section should be limited to mods and admin - if only so we can discuss certain issues on the boards together so I don't stuff up like I did this morning. ;) Thoughts?

No.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm

When mods 'stuff it up' it's only right that the rest of us know.

Transparency is to be encouraged - the last thing any of us need is an MI6-style elite. Many of us remember only too well the bad feeling that engendered.
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:28 pm

I rather keep it the way it is, mods and longstanding contributors like Shark and Ambler. Anyone that has contributed significantly.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
00 Agent
00 Agent
Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:23 am

It's not being elitist. But when things like what just happened with SILHOUETTE MAN occur, it would be good if Mods can talk privately, especially when it, with respect, involves a "longstanding" contributor.
Back to top Go down
Largo's Shark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:32 am

Just be honest, Jason. You think Ambler's a prick, hence why you sent him that patronising and ill-informed PM, and felt the need to put quotation marks on "longstanding."

If you want to communicate behind his back, do so through PM'ing with other mods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basic Code Of Conduct?   Basic Code Of Conduct? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Basic Code Of Conduct?
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next