More Adult, Less Censored Discussion of Agent 007 and Beyond : Where Your Hangovers Are Swiftly Cured

HomeHome  EventsEvents  WIN!WIN!  Log in  RegisterRegister  

American politics and news thread 2.0

Go down 
+20
Salomé
Prisoner Monkeys
GeneralGogol
tiffanywint
HJackson
saint mark
Tubes
Lazenby.
Loomis
Prince Kamal Khan
Drax
Largo's Shark
Hilly
Control
Makeshift Python
CJB
Blunt Instrument
Gravity's Silhouette
Jack Wade
The White Tuxedo
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Dude, not all Muslims are terrorists.
Back to top Go down
https://007homemedia.blogspot.com/
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Python wrote:
Dude, not all Muslims are terrorists.

Who said they were?
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 am

Gravity's Silhouette wrote:
Python wrote:
Making peace with Muslims is surely a bad thing.

There can never be peace with the Muslims because Islam is, at its core, totally in opposition to everything that the United States stands for and believes in. This is what they want us to do:

:roll:

You serious? Not all Muslims want us to die. Not even close.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 7:28 am

Still waiting for Jack Wade to explain how Monica Crowley's NASA tweet was "racist".
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Hall & Oates will not tolerate a Super PAC being named after them.

http://politicker.com/2012/08/hall-oates-got-rid-of-the-super-pac-that-was-named-for-them/
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:14 pm

Still waiting for Jack Wade to explain how Monica Crowley's NASA tweet was "racist".
I already explained myself. It's racist because she's shamelessly using someone's death to pander to the far right's fear of Muslims. (And no, it's not because it's any critique, it's because it's another baseless accusation about Obama being Muslim being used to stir up the hillbillies on the right who get riled up by that sort of thing.)

The bigger issue here is why you think it's appropriate to say all Muslims want us to die. Those Muslims who do think that are part of a small minority, and, frankly, it's a bit insulting to the majority of Muslims who are peace-loving and have to deal with those ignorant stereotypes on a daily basis.

If you were joking, well, do better. Post a clip from "Team America" or something instead.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I already explained myself. It's racist because she's shamelessly using someone's death to pander to the far right's fear of Muslims.

Since there are white muslims, Asian muslims, latino muslims, how exactly is her tweet wacist? You could say it was "Islamaphobic", but nobody mentioned anything about race except you. And Obama is half-white and raised by white people (his black father having abandoned the family when Obama was a toddler). He acts white, he dresses like a white person, he speaks with "no discernible negro dialect"....which part of Obama was offended by Crowley's remarks? His black half, his white half, both or none at all?

Quote :
(And no, it's not because it's any critique, it's because it's another baseless accusation about Obama being Muslim being used to stir up the hillbillies on the right who get riled up by that sort of thing.)

I love how you fight discrimination and bigotry and stereotyping with a bit of your own. "Hillbillies" are good folks. They're country people. Simple...don't ask for much. They probably don't have access to the Internet and if they did they wouldn't be reading Monica Crowley. Truth is, I'm starting to believe that Obama is indeed a Muslim; he's certainly a Muslim-sympathizer, and it's precisely because of the over-reaction and the constant accusations of "Racist!" by your people that have gotten me to thinking maybe there is something to Obama being Muslim. He's definitely not Christian. No real Christian could have sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years and listened to that hateful bile get spewed and still claim to be Christian, and Obama only threw the Reverend under the bus when he became a political liability. Obama rarely goes to church and he never talks about Christ, but he's always so concerned about how Muslims in other countries feel about themselves and their 'historic contribution to science and math.'

Quote :

The bigger issue here is why you think it's appropriate to say all Muslims want us to die. Those Muslims who do think that are part of a small minority, and, frankly, it's a bit insulting to the majority of Muslims who are peace-loving and have to deal with those ignorant stereotypes on a daily basis.

You're not going to lay that "peace-loving Muslims" crap on me, are you? You see, I'm not so sure "those Muslims" are really part of "small minority". The ones who want to bring the world to its knees and destroy the Great Satan, yes, they may be a statistical minority, but "mainstream" Islam is fully at odds with Western society, there is no integration possible with them into Western society, and its resulting in a lot of the clashes between cultures that you see taking place in France, England and the United States. Please explain to me how a "small minority" of Muslims managed to hijack an entire religion and give it such a bad name? Mainstream Muslims have not done what the passengers on United Flight 93 did: fight back against their hijackers. So, please, spare me the sanctimonious babble.

Quote :
If you were joking, well, do better. Post a clip from "Team America" or something instead.

I was not joking. I was thinking more of Iran and Hezbollah and Afghanistan, etc...when I made the comment, but I still stand by it. As I said before, modern day Islam cannot function in western society without the western civilizations capitulating, which is why Sharia Law is already being discussed among legislators in different countries as a way to allow the Muslim people to police themselves, in essence separating themselves from the rest of society and creating a second-class citizenry.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:10 pm

For Wade.
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 5:13 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

This. Nobody is forcing people in Utah to watch it. Instead, the station just comes off as homophobic, but I doubt they care.

Why should the local affiliate give Ellen Barkin a platform with which to spout her hateful rhetoric? Like this:

C’mon #Isaac! Wash every pro-life, anti-education, anti-woman, xenophobic, gay-bashing, racist SOB right into the ocean! #RNC

I"m not a Republican, but I am "pro-life" and I find her sentiment very destructive. It's one thing to be "pro-choice", but to slam people for wanting to protect innocent human life? She's basically called upon a hurricane to kill thousands of people she doesn't agree with. Another classy, illustrative, wonder example of the loving, caring, "tolerant" Left in this country.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/ellen-barkin/2012/08/28/ellen-barkin-hopes-hurricane-kills-every-pro-life-xenophobic-gay-bashing-sob-rnc#ixzz24rFitpV4
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm

The Muslims at the convenient store down the street must want me to die because they continue selling me cigarettes.

They're friendly about it, though.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
I already explained myself. It's racist because she's shamelessly using someone's death to pander to the far right's fear of Muslims.

Since there are white muslims, Asian muslims, latino muslims, how exactly is her tweet wacist? You could say it was "Islamaphobic", but nobody mentioned anything about race except you. And Obama is half-white and raised by white people (his black father having abandoned the family when Obama was a toddler). He acts white, he dresses like a white person, he speaks with "no discernible negro dialect"....which part of Obama was offended by Crowley's remarks? His black half, his white half, both or none at all?
Not sure how you can say "nobody said anything about race except you" when the whole basis of the tweet was essentially race in the first place. Maybe Islamophobic is a better word.

And are you expecting the president to dress in FUBU and begin every address with "sup niggaz"? And how exactly does a person "act white"? Do you expect every white person to have a comb-over and wear a pocket protector?

The line about "no discernible negro dialect" is pretty funny, though. Your southernness shows on that one.

Quote :
Quote :
(And no, it's not because it's any critique, it's because it's another baseless accusation about Obama being Muslim being used to stir up the hillbillies on the right who get riled up by that sort of thing.)

I love how you fight discrimination and bigotry and stereotyping with a bit of your own. "Hillbillies" are good folks. They're country people. Simple...don't ask for much. They probably don't have access to the Internet and if they did they wouldn't be reading Monica Crowley. Truth is, I'm starting to believe that Obama is indeed a Muslim; he's certainly a Muslim-sympathizer, and it's precisely because of the over-reaction and the constant accusations of "Racist!" by your people that have gotten me to thinking maybe there is something to Obama being Muslim. He's definitely not Christian. No real Christian could have sat in Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years and listened to that hateful bile get spewed and still claim to be Christian, and Obama only threw the Reverend under the bus when he became a political liability. Obama rarely goes to church and he never talks about Christ, but he's always so concerned about how Muslims in other countries feel about themselves and their 'historic contribution to science and math.'
You got me on the stereotyping, but because Obama is a "Muslim-sympathizer" doesn't mean he's a Muslim or any of that other garbage.

Obama is baptized and a practicing Southern Baptist. There's a lot more credible evidence about that than there is that he's a Muslim. Click on this for some background on where this rumor started.

And why are people so hellbent on his religion, anyway? It really shouldn't matter. Not that I'm saying he's a Muslim, but who cares if he doesn't go to church every Sunday? You can still be a Christian and not go to church as often as you're supposed to.

I know that we're a society that cares a lot about our politicians' religiosity, but why? Separation of church and state and all that jazz. Plus, you can still be a good leader/person without praying every night.

Quote :
Quote :

You're not going to lay that "peace-loving Muslims" crap on me, are you? You see, I'm not so sure "those Muslims" are really part of "small minority". The ones who want to bring the world to its knees and destroy the Great Satan, yes, they may be a statistical minority, but "mainstream" Islam is fully at odds with Western society, there is no integration possible with them into Western society, and its resulting in a lot of the clashes between cultures that you see taking place in France, England and the United States. Please explain to me how a "small minority" of Muslims managed to hijack an entire religion and give it such a bad name? Mainstream Muslims have not done what the passengers on United Flight 93 did: fight back against their hijackers. So, please, spare me the sanctimonious babble.
Why is everything I say "sanctimonious"? I assume it's damn well near fact that the majority of Muslims are peace-loving and don't have any desire to see a plane driven through our skyscrapers. And that small majority "hijacked" the name of their religion because they are the ones that get press. You never hear about regular people going about their everyday lives on the news, for better or worse.

Jack Wade wrote:

This. Nobody is forcing people in Utah to watch it. Instead, the station just comes off as homophobic, but I doubt they care.

Why should the local affiliate give Ellen Barkin a platform with which to spout her hateful rhetoric? Like this:

C’mon #Isaac! Wash every pro-life, anti-education, anti-woman, xenophobic, gay-bashing, racist SOB right into the ocean! #RNC

I"m not a Republican, but I am "pro-life" and I find her sentiment very destructive. It's one thing to be "pro-choice", but to slam people for wanting to protect innocent human life? She's basically called upon a hurricane to kill thousands of people she doesn't agree with. Another classy, illustrative, wonder example of the loving, caring, "tolerant" Left in this country.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/ellen-barkin/2012/08/28/ellen-barkin-hopes-hurricane-kills-every-pro-life-xenophobic-gay-bashing-sob-rnc#ixzz24rFitpV4
I can't make any excuses for her tweet. What she said was pretty ridiculous, but there are people on both sides who say ridiculous things.

But like I said, if you don't like the show or its message, don't watch it. A single TV show isn't going to cause the institution of family to crumble into pieces, just like "Rambo" hasn't turned all of our kids into mass murderers.

Last edited by Jack Wade on Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hilly
Administrator
Administrator
Hilly

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Control wrote:
The Muslims at the convenient store down the street must want me to die because they continue selling me cigarettes.

They're friendly about it, though.

Can only hope that Homeland Security have been notified and are parked across the street in a van with a cockroach on the roof intently watching this shop.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ScLgsmLrCb3MNZr1YjMVg?view_as
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

Not sure how you can say "nobody said anything about race except you" when the whole basis of the tweet was essentially race in the first place.

The space-race maybe, but that's it. Nobody but liberals are that obsessed about race and ethnicity. You see it in every message, every advertisement, every criticism. It shows you are deeply skeptical about black American's ability to perform jobs up to the standards of everyone else, which is why you try to insulate them from any criticism at all.

Quote :
And how exactly does a person "act white"?

Ask a black person; they'll be able to tell you. But I think it has something to do with keeping your pants around your waist, speaking proper English, and getting educated.

Quote :
The line about "no discernible negro dialect" is pretty funny, though. Your southernness shows on that one.

That wasn't mean to be an insult. President Obama is the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Why is everything I say "sanctimonious"?

Coz ur young lyk.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Jack Wade wrote:

Not sure how you can say "nobody said anything about race except you" when the whole basis of the tweet was essentially race in the first place.

The space-race maybe, but that's it. Nobody but liberals are that obsessed about race and ethnicity. You see it in every message, every advertisement, every criticism. It shows you are deeply skeptical about black American's ability to perform jobs up to the standards of everyone else, which is why you try to insulate them from any criticism at all.
Not really sure how you can say that. Both parties see race relatively equally. They just see it from different perspectives.

Quote :
Quote :
And how exactly does a person "act white"?

Ask a black person; they'll be able to tell you. But I think it has something to do with keeping your pants around your waist, speaking proper English, and getting educated.
And don't forget not listening to rap, eating at KFC or dealing crack.

Quote :
Quote :

That wasn't mean to be an insult. President Obama is the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy.
laugh
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:28 pm

Obama does play basketball. Check him out beating this honkey!

American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 Obama-10

Fukin mooslim playin b-ball!!!!!1111

[/j7wild]

On a side note, I want to see Obama vs CJ Carpenter.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Wonder how he finds time to play basketball between shooting Crips, robbing liquor stores and eating watermelon.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:45 am

The RNC is keeping it classy. Reports are one person threw nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and said, "This is how we feed animals."

http://gawker.com/5938737/report-black-cnn-camerawoman-had-nuts-thrown-at-her-at-gop-convention-assailant-shouted-this-is-how-we-feed-animals
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:32 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
The RNC is keeping it classy. Reports are one person threw nuts at a black CNN camerawoman and said, "This is how we feed animals."

http://gawker.com/5938737/report-black-cnn-camerawoman-had-nuts-thrown-at-her-at-gop-convention-assailant-shouted-this-is-how-we-feed-animals

Liberals attack Mia Love's Wikipedia page; call her "house nigger", "Aunt Tom", and "dirty, worthless whore".

http://twitchy.com/2012/08/29/sick-wikipedia-entry-calls-mia-love-dirty-worthless-whore-and-house-nigger/
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Yahoo News fires David Chalian

Good. His comments were despicable. I'm sick and tired and sick and tired of having to get news from these partisan hacks. Why do they think they can get away with making these kinds of comments and assuming no one will notice or care?

"They're not concerned at all. They're happy to have a party with black people drowning," Chalian said during the ABC News/Yahoo News webcast, in reference to the fact that the GOP convention in Tampa is taking place as Hurricane Isaac makes landfall on the north Gulf coast.

Yahoo released this statement:
David Chalian's statement was inappropriate and does not represent the views of Yahoo!. He has been terminated effective immediately. We have already reached out to the Romney campaign, and we apologize to Mitt Romney, his staff, their supporters and anyone who was offended."

Again, it's the race baiting of people in the media that is so sickening and tiresome. As if black people were the only people who might drown in a hurricane? What's up with that? Why make a hurricane racial or political? Does David Chalian not care about white people drowning? Does he think black people are so stupid and inept that they won't be able to seek shelter ahead of the storm?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/08/yahoo-news-fires-david-chalian-source-133662.html
Back to top Go down
Makeshift Python
00 Agent
00 Agent
Makeshift Python

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 pm

He's just another Kanye West believing the GOP are white supremacists.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm just waiting for all of Yahoo! to sink.
Back to top Go down
Control
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Jack Wade wrote:
Wonder how he finds time to play basketball between shooting Crips, robbing liquor stores and eating watermelon.

laugh
Back to top Go down
Gravity's Silhouette
Potential 00 Agent
Potential 00 Agent
Gravity's Silhouette

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Python wrote:
He's just another Kanye West believing the GOP are white supremacists.

Well, first of all, partisan reporters and news editors of any political persuasion are apparently going to look for something, anything, that will fit the theme or opinion they have of Romney or Obama. In this case it got caught on tape. Nothing exactly new here. We've known for a long time how partisan and biased the old, "mainstream" media really was, but now they almost just don't seem to care who knows it anymore. They are wearing their politics on their sleeves. Does ANYONE care about just being an actual reporter these days? Or are the glory days of journalism (the ones we assume were The Golden Age of journalism) gone?

Secondly, and perhaps more curiously, why does he automatically assume black people are currently drowning or will be drowning?

Thirdly, the hurricane hasn't stopped the Democrats from going forward with their convention next week.

Fourthly, LIFE GOES ON. Does he think the entire nation is going to come to a standstill because people foolishly ignored the warnings and chose to stay home and ride this storm out? We've got jobs to go to, weddings to attend, school to get to.....New Orleans isn't the center of our universe.
Back to top Go down
Jack Wade
Head of Station
Head of Station
Jack Wade

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 4:40 am

Jack Wade wrote:

Liberals attack Mia Love's Wikipedia page; call her "house nigger", "Aunt Tom", and "dirty, worthless whore".

http://twitchy.com/2012/08/29/sick-wikipedia-entry-calls-mia-love-dirty-worthless-whore-and-house-nigger/
So where's the evidence that this was done by liberals and not just racists in general?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American politics and news thread 2.0   American politics and news thread 2.0 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

American politics and news thread 2.0
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next